Wait what?? 100 - 0 for cloture!!

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
I didn't expect this at all!

:eek:

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.
The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure that would avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms, which had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

Surprise! Obamacare foe Cruz votes with Democrats on spending plan - CNN.com

:omg:

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.
The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure that would avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms, which had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

No surprise here. Cruz is all about air time and ink. He's a raving narcissist.

It's a huge surprise for me.

Didn't see that one coming at all.

Cruz is a bigger whore than Sarah Palin. Someone else on a different thread nailed it: It's about collecting money for his PAC. And after the bucks roll in he can harvest the money and spend it any way he chooses. He's just a fucking whore in a 2-piece suit.

But the righties still want to believe......And if Cruz proves himself to be a good fundraiser, then the righties will embrace him, because they are idiots.

Cruz is a bigger whore than Sarah Palin. Someone else on a different thread nailed it: It's about collecting money for his PAC. And after the bucks roll in he can harvest the money and spend it any way he chooses. He's just a fucking whore in a 2-piece suit.

But the righties still want to believe......And if Cruz proves himself to be a good fundraiser, then the righties will embrace him, because they are idiots.

Still..he winds up looking like a massive hypocrite.

So he had this huge filibuster, where he basically made a fool of himself over nothing?

He voted to close it.

It's pretty crazy.

True.

And it wasn’t even a ‘filibuster,’ it was more of a petulant, pointless temper-tantrum.

Senate republicans don’t want any part of a government shutdown, and most are smart enough to know the ACA is here to stay.

So he had this huge filibuster, where he basically made a fool of himself over nothing?

He voted to close it.

It's pretty crazy.

True.

And it wasn’t even a ‘filibuster,’ it was more of a petulant, pointless temper-tantrum.

Senate republicans don’t want any part of a government shutdown, and most are smart enough to know the ACA is here to stay.

Actually..no.

This is what a filibuster SHOULD look like.

A Senator with a gripe, takes the floor and holds it.

I really agree with that.

I kinda praise both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for doing that.

But..

Voting for Cloture????

Really???

Typical left, can't see the forest for the trees. The real vote isn't til Friday, they now can debate the bill. Do your homework, guys.

Cruz: A vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare
Sen. Ted Cruz on Sunday reiterated his commitment to blocking a procedural Senate vote on a House-approved spending bill, saying that Senate Democrats would have too much leeway to add in funding for Obamacare.

"Any vote for cloture, any vote to allow Harry Reid to add funding to Obamacare with just a 51-vote threshold, a vote for cloture is a vote for Obamacare," the Texas Republican said on "Fox News Sunday." "And I think Senate Republicans are going to stand side-by-side with Speaker [John] Boehner and House Republicans, listening to the people and stopping this train wreck that is Obamacare."

Sounds like Ted just voted for Obamacare.

Here were Cruz's words last night:

The central vote the Senate will take on this fight will not occur today and it will not occur tomorrow. The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed. Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means. That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill. I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

The next vote we take will occur on Friday or Saturday and it will be on what is called cloture on the bill. That is the vote that matters. Cloture on the bill, the vote Friday or Saturday, is the vote that matters.

Are you confused by Ted Cruz's vote on cloture? (Ahem, NY Times.) Then read this. | WashingtonExaminer.com

Shhhhhhh! Let the LIBTARDS misread what happened. Stupidity will eventually be their downfall....look how long Obabble has lasted...and he's the dumbest of all.

Here were Cruz's words last night:

The central vote the Senate will take on this fight will not occur today and it will not occur tomorrow. The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed. Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means. That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill. I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

The next vote we take will occur on Friday or Saturday and it will be on what is called cloture on the bill. That is the vote that matters. Cloture on the bill, the vote Friday or Saturday, is the vote that matters.

Are you confused by Ted Cruz's vote on cloture? (Ahem, NY Times.) Then read this. | WashingtonExaminer.com

Spin it anyway you want..this looked foolish.

The vote was to open debate, not cloture, how stupid can one person be?

Forum List

Back