Wait what?? 100 - 0 for cloture!!

Let's not forget the central issue here.....forget Barry-Care....that will get tossed in 2015 when both the Senate, House, and White House are held by the Tea Party side of the GOP. What the real issue is is the debt....how much are you leftists willing to let it get to.....$50T? We're at $17T now....$20T is the tipping point where any major economic episode could easily send us spiraling into default. If we default there will be a quiet time, then a rapidly increasing inflation, followed by major business failures and eventual CHAOS. There will be powerful forces saying we give the finger to the debt holders and split up the country. So how close to the edge do you leftists want to push this thing?

Last edited:
God the Left is dense.

They voted for the Bill AS written including stripping the funding for Obaacare.

Of COURSE the REpubs voted for it.

The defunding portion will be stripped out and changed in Comittee.

God you lefty's are stupid.

It's the vote to proceed you liberal wankers. Good grief. You really are more ignorant than I thought.

I know both countries procedures. For shame you libs that you don't even know how your own government works and yet you have the nerve to debate on a political forum.

From Ted's own mouth morons.

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill.

I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

TRANSCRIPT: Sen. Ted Cruz's filibuster against Obamacare | The Washington Post

I just learned that a minority can fillibuster
I just learned that a vote for cloture to proceed really means a vote to allow amendments
I just learned that the party that was, just a few short five years ago, all about locking doors and turning off lights to get their political point across were just SCHOOLED on a what a REAL political move is

Do you think dreamy-eyed republicans were the only ones paying attention to this speech?
Why do you think Barry came out skipping and holding hands with Bill? He had to try to get some stars in the eyes of his own minions.

IOW a shitload of people just saw this man lay out, top to bottom - beginning to end, this monstrosity we call the ACA (less affectionately, and mockingly, "Obamacare").

The republican representatives had their phones lit up from constituents to defund the POS

Now it's the democrats turn to get their phones lit up.
Difference being, their calls will be more questions than demands to push it through.
"I thought you said......." will be the beginning of most of these conversations.

THEN when/if Reid dicks around and allows the shutdown to occur - which isn't going to happen now that we have had another 2 weeks added to the clock - he will be the one to blame and 2014 won't turn to be the wet dream Chris Matthews hoped it would be

:eusa_hand:

Cruz is on the school bus that Harry Reid is driving. Time for junior to learn a lesson.

there is no lesson to learn, they are aware of the senate rules, the majority leader has tremendous power in each house....it is what it is.

Good point. Politically Cruz did himself no favors beyond getting his name into the news cycle. He looks very amateurish and petulant.

Cruz is on the school bus that Harry Reid is driving. Time for junior to learn a lesson.

Harry Reid is crazy as a shit-house rat....the only reason he's majority leader is that he has enough dirt on his rivals to destroy them and they know it. He couldn't even win his last election without cheating...his union boys rigged the Diebold software in Vegas so blatantly it was comical. Anybody but Holder in the DOJ and Harry would be looking at serious prison time. :doubt:

Last edited:
It's a huge surprise for me.

Didn't see that one coming at all.

shows what a selfish pig Cruz is.

he did all of this, just for free airtime.

24 hours of pre-election campaigning for 2016.

isn't it a bitch when the other side does it?...wow what a bastard he is:rolleyes:

EXCEPT Dems have never done this, block an already passed law, OR hold the country hostage over raising a debt ceiling, dimwit dupes.

OH HECK, it only costs the country 1 per cent of growth for a year AGAIN, for nothing. Pub DUPES...:eusa_liar::cuckoo::mad:

I didn't expect this at all!

:eek:

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.
The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure that would avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms, which had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

Surprise! Obamacare foe Cruz votes with Democrats on spending plan - CNN.com
:omg:

No surprise here. Cruz is all about air time and ink. He's a raving narcissist.

And both Cruz and Limbaugh engaged in some cross promotional work today. As they say, one hand washes the other.

there is no lesson to learn, they are aware of the senate rules, the majority leader has tremendous power in each house....it is what it is.

Good point. Politically Cruz did himself no favors beyond getting his name into the news cycle. He looks very amateurish and petulant.

if that what your handlers told you to think, well, of course, but, Politics is politics, you should have seen barry up their taking set up questions from, then batting them back to ole slick Willy because obama is totally at sea garnisheeing sppt for his own bill ( not least of which is becasue he knows shit all about it) ....he needed the ole feel my pain magic....:lol:

shows what a selfish pig Cruz is.

he did all of this, just for free airtime.

24 hours of pre-election campaigning for 2016.

isn't it a bitch when the other side does it?...wow what a bastard he is:rolleyes:

EXCEPT Dems have never done this, block an already passed law, OR hold the country hostage over raising a debt ceiling, dimwit dupes.

OH HECK, it only costs the country 1 per cent of growth for a year AGAIN, for nothing. Pub DUPES...:eusa_liar::cuckoo::mad:

:lol: I would post the you tube but your battleship has been sunk since you became 13 and found us here......go play in the bath tub dude....

It's the vote to proceed you liberal wankers. Good grief. You really are more ignorant than I thought.

I know both countries procedures. For shame you libs that you don't even know how your own government works and yet you have the nerve to debate on a political forum.

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill.

I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

Yeah..it was a "Pretend" filibuster...that's the ticket!

Followed by a "Pretend" vote for cloture..that's the ticket.

You just wait until we have the "real" filibuster..then you'll see!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4]Jon Lovitz Appears as the Pathological Liar on "The Tonight Show" ? 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

:lol: I would post the you tube but your battleship has been sunk since you became 13 and found us here......go play in the bath tub dude....

I'm 62, moron, the Warspite's wreck was 200 yds offshore when I WAS 2, AND YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT, DUMBASS LOL. Pubs are simply afraid you fools might snap out of it when their Pubcrappe becomes obvious when O-care starts and their scam ends. So gd stupid...:lol:

Last edited:

Yeah..it was a "Pretend" filibuster...that's the ticket!

Followed by a "Pretend" vote for cloture..that's the ticket.

You just wait until we have the "real" filibuster..then you'll see!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4]Jon Lovitz Appears as the Pathological Liar on "The Tonight Show" ? 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

Ah you old partisan hack. You are so out of touch of what it means to be a public servant.

Senator Cruz took to the floor for those 21 hours and 19 minutes to live up to the campaign promise he made to his voters.

A rarity in Washington. Actually fulfilling a promise made. Actually being honorable and true to his word to his voters.

You can't see that can you? Of course not. You're a died in the wool progressive.

I'm 62, moron, the Warspite's wreck was 200 yds offshore when I WAS 2, AND YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT, DUMBASS LOL. Pubs are simply afraid you fools might snap out of it when their Pubcrappe when O-care starts and their scam ends. So gd stupid...:lol:

put your thinking cap on!

The classic naval combat game
Reinforces plotting and graphing skills
For 2 players
Ages 7-12 years

s.HSB36934.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZTHPkOnvE]Obama on raising the Debt Ceiling during his 2008 Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

and in a senate speech-

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.....

U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 109th Congress - 2nd Session

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate

Vote Summary

Question: On the Joint Resolution (H.J.Res.47 )
Vote Number: 54 Vote Date: March 16, 2006, 11:17 AM

Obama (D-IL), Nay

Forum List

Back