Wait what?? 100 - 0 for cloture!!

Cruz did exactly what he told Rush he would not do today on the radio, then did it.

Cruz surrenders, not only on ACA, but any further political advancement.

Oh bite me Jake.

:lol:

The man has a stellar career ahead of him. His resume is to die for. And he has the testicular fortitude to stand up for his constituents and his campaign promises.

trust me my dear lady.., he would like nothing better than to bite you !! :up:

Cruz did exactly what he told Rush he would not do today on the radio, then did it.

i would love to find a liberal with half the intelligence of a piss ant, that would put them right up there with mosquitos.

I didn't expect this at all!

:eek:

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.
The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure that would avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms, which had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

Surprise! Obamacare foe Cruz votes with Democrats on spending plan - CNN.com

:omg:

Nothing here..procedural games

Don't look Ethel, we've stumbled into a leftwing circle-jerk...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM"]Ray Stevens - The Streak - YouTube[/ame]

Ew, it smells like petroleum jelly and fear in here.

Last edited:
You need to go back the tea party thread and talk tough about ridding the homeland of tea baggers.

I think the Teabaggers are in the process of winning a political Darwin Award, much deserved.

I think you need to a room with Swallow, errrr, I meant Sallow too old man. That assumes you can even get it up.

The christian speaketh. :clap2: way to go.... :lol: how embarrassing for any real christians out there. :redface:

Anything the Senate does has to go back to the House and there it will get a tire-iron swung at Barry-Care.....today is just procedural....Cruz done good....his vote at the end meant nothing when it was already 99-zip...why look like a lunatic holdout?
ph34r_zpscc1df1bc.png

The house will fold like a 10 dollar whore

Is this one of those "I voted for it before I voted against it" ploys?

I don't get it

Gramps it's just a vote on whether to proceed or not. Of course everyone voted for it.

Here ya go...

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill. I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously.

Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

TRANSCRIPT: Sen. Ted Cruz's filibuster against Obamacare | The Washington Post

I dunno but I'm royally confused.

if he had any integrity, he would have voted "no".

the damn bill defunds ObamaCare, and he filibustered it.

what an ass.

You don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. It's just a vote to get this debate moving.

Don't you have any idea how your government fucking works? Shit I can do US, Canadian, France, Britain and Switzerland for crying out loud.

Geeze louise, this is unreal that you attempt to debate politics and don't even have an inkling on proceedure.

You're the asshole here. Not Cruz.

After reading a bit deeper I get it but most Americans wont bother to read a bit "deeper" and on the surface this looks very silly at best.

His constituents to whom he made his campaign promise to try to move heaven and earth to block Obamacare can be proud of the man they elected.

A public servant instead of a politician. There is a huge difference. A politician goes to Washington and then forfiets all their integrity to ride the gravy train of the dinner circuit and the Sunday talk shows.

Senator Cruz has just proven himself to be a public servant.

I started a thread complimenting Senator Dick Durbin as well for his testicular fortitude to go to the Senate floor and engage Cruz.

Kudos to Durbin.

I dunno but I'm royally confused.

if he had any integrity, he would have voted "no".

the damn bill defunds ObamaCare, and he filibustered it.

what an ass.

You obviously don't understand the difference between a senator being an irrational unconstructive obstructionist asshole and a senator being a rational constructive obstructionist member of the opposition...

It's the vote to proceed you liberal wankers. Good grief. You really are more ignorant than I thought.

I know both countries procedures. For shame you libs that you don't even know how your own government works and yet you have the nerve to debate on a political forum.

From Ted's own mouth morons.

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill.

I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

TRANSCRIPT: Sen. Ted Cruz's filibuster against Obamacare | The Washington Post

Yeah..it was a "Pretend" filibuster...that's the ticket!

Followed by a "Pretend" vote for cloture..that's the ticket.

You just wait until we have the "real" filibuster..then you'll see!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYNBwCEeH4]Jon Lovitz Appears as the Pathological Liar on "The Tonight Show" ? 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

Ah you old partisan hack. You are so out of touch of what it means to be a public servant.

Senator Cruz took to the floor for those 21 hours and 19 minutes to live up to the campaign promise he made to his voters.

A rarity in Washington. Actually fulfilling a promise made. Actually being honorable and true to his word to his voters.

You can't see that can you? Of course not. You're a died in the wool progressive.

He promised he'd read Dr. Seuss?

Forum List

Back