Wait what?? 100 - 0 for cloture!!

When will the right stop looking for that next new hero. They throw full weight behind a guy like Cruz, then when he back tracks it makes repubs look weak and reactionary. All he did was Fillibuster and Repubs proclaimed him as a genius.

Then this happens.

Steve King called him "a fraud," on Morning Joe, and Coburn said he had the highest conservative rating over a nine year period, and the result of Cruz is he has constituents calling him a Rino ... because he admits he doesn't have the SIXTY SEVEN senate votes it'd take to defund Obamacare.

But, Ted Cruz is "a brave man." I'd laugh but the idiocy is really too much.

They always back these idiots too fast and too hard. Bobby Jindal, Cruz, Palin, Rubio etc etc.

And since they are so open minded when one of them says something they don't agree with they grab the torches and demand his RINO head :lol:

Watching the pushback against Senator Ted Cruz right now is like watching a group of kids who have been in thrall to a bully suddenly wake up to who he is and start working to cut him down to size. Republican members of Congress who were once his allies have begun to turn on a man who has become an outsize figure in their party since winning office less than one year ago.

“As soon as we listed Ted Cruz as our featured guest this week, I got unsolicited research and questions, not from Democrats but from top Republicans, to hammer Cruz,” Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace said on his show. "Why are Republicans so angry at Ted Cruz?"

"You cannot build a congressional majority, in either party, for any kind of action, unless you are treating your colleagues with some certain amount of respect, and saying, ‘Hey, what do you think of my idea?’” Karl Rove told Wallace, speaking of Cruz and Utah Senator Mike Lee, who are together leading the Don't Fund Obamacare movement. “Instead they have dictated to their colleagues ... and not consulted them about this strategy at all.”

How Unpopular Is Ted Cruz Right Now? - Garance Franke-Ruta - The Atlantic

True.

And it wasn’t even a ‘filibuster,’ it was more of a petulant, pointless temper-tantrum.

Senate republicans don’t want any part of a government shutdown, and most are smart enough to know the ACA is here to stay.

Actually..no.

This is what a filibuster SHOULD look like.

A Senator with a gripe, takes the floor and holds it.

I really agree with that.

I kinda praise both Rand Paul and Ted Cruz for doing that.

But..

Voting for Cloture????

Really???

No, not really.

100 Senators voted for cloture on the motion to proceed. What that means is whether to take up this bill and to begin to debate the bill or to continue to filibuster.

Some don't believe the Senate should debate a bill before voting for or against it. And, some don't know that cloture on a motion to proceed allows said debate to begin.

Some in the Senate were not familiar with this procedure. So naturally, posters would be confused on this.

So Cruz tells the TPM to call their gop senators and reps to demand they defund obamacare ... or face their rightous TPM wrath ... when the only way to defund it is to either get the Dems to agree to defund it or shut down the govt, which would be econ suicide, and probably pol suicide, for the gop senators and reps who come from any state where a dem can be elected.

Wow, I can't imagine why that would PO his fellows. LOL

The old regime is firmly planted in DC, no way, no how are they going to let anyone represent the people. They have no intention of doing what they say during their campaigns, they lie to you to get your vote.

How many Dems campaigned on Obamacare?? How many Dems campaigned on "improving" Obamacare? Yea, they lied........at least Cruz is standing on principal, doing what he told his constituents he was going to do if they elected him.

Defending lies is what's wrong with Capitol Hill now. Lois Lerner is a perfect example, she lied, she got caught, she retired with full bennies. Obama and his supporters think that's OK.

It's not just Dems doing this either. Republicans are just as guilty. We should expect more of our so called "leaders", but instead you wait in line for the handouts.

Promising something you have no capability to deliver is outright deceit. It should not be celebrated

Shutting down government to make an appearance of filling such an empty promise is damn criminal

Agreed.

It is also senseless to attempt to placate people who will settle for nothing less than the destruction of the American government.

If someone trades in a Lincoln Continental for a much smaller Toyota Camry, what did they destroy? NOTHING is the answer.

Wanting a smaller, less intrusive and less expensive government cannot be considered the destruction of the government.

If Cruz wants to campaign for a smaller, leaner government then that is within his capabilities. Shutting down the entire government is not the way to achieve that

Promising something you have no capability to deliver is outright deceit. It should not be celebrated

Shutting down government to make an appearance of filling such an empty promise is damn criminal

Agreed.

It is also senseless to attempt to placate people who will settle for nothing less than the destruction of the American government.

Not the Destruction of the Government. They want to scale back the size.
The Majority of Americans think that Government has to much power.
This includes Repubs and Independents.
Views in U.S. That Gov't Is Too Powerful Show Little Change

Of course those who want to keep their powers in both parties are going to view this as a threat and say it is about the destruction of the Government, when in reality it's about taking their power away.
I would think that all Americans would want power back in their hands and not the government.
The poll show that Democrats think that Government has just the right amount of power.

Arbitrarily shutting down the government as part of a temper tantrum does nothing to achieve this

Agreed.

Not the Destruction of the Government. They want to scale back the size.
The Majority of Americans think that Government has to much power.
This includes Repubs and Independents.
Views in U.S. That Gov't Is Too Powerful Show Little Change

Of course those who want to keep their powers in both parties are going to view this as a threat and say it is about the destruction of the Government, when in reality it's about taking their power away.
I would think that all Americans would want power back in their hands and not the government.
The poll show that Democrats think that Government has just the right amount of power.

Arbitrarily shutting down the government as part of a temper tantrum does nothing to achieve this

Nor does faux scaling back while turning a blind eye on the war machine and corporate gimmes.

You have any idea what the Senate has been like since 2010?

All bills have been stopped at this point.

They don't even debate them.

I posted McConnell voting to filibuster his own bill to show you.

Forget the "government shutdown", the legislator has been effectively shutdown since that time.

This whole exercise is nonsense and nonsensical.

I know. Right?

The NERVE of Harry Reid to trash all those Bills sent to him by the House.
I'm pissed off too
:thup:

Ohhh.....you meant........

nevermind
:eusa_shifty:

I see our leftists still haven't figured out what happened during Cruz-Control yesterday. Seems their talking-heads don't understand Senate rules so why should we expect our dummies to?
fishing.gif

Typical left, can't see the forest for the trees. The real vote isn't til Friday, they now can debate the bill. Do your homework, guys.

How freaking HUMILIATING for [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION] and his libtard pals!!! They don't even know what's going on in their own government. They just know that equally ignorant libtards in the media told them that Ted Cruz did something "crazy"... :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Agreed.

If someone trades in a Lincoln Continental for a much smaller Toyota Camry, what did they destroy? NOTHING is the answer.

Wanting a smaller, less intrusive and less expensive government cannot be considered the destruction of the government.

If Cruz wants to campaign for a smaller, leaner government then that is within his capabilities. Shutting down the entire government is not the way to achieve that

Actually, since you libtards are criminals who break the highest law in the land (the U.S. Constitution) every second of every day - shutting down the government is the ONLY way to achieve that.

Starve the beast!

You have to remember - libtards are not use to DEBATE. Harry Reid blocks everything from going to the floor for debate. So you can't blame these uneducated idiots for being shocked that Ted Cruz voted for this to go to the floor for debate and for not knowing how their government is supposed to work... :lmao:

The real vote isnt till the end of the week.

Seriously, why doesnt our education system teach people anything about their government?

Agreed.

Except Cruz isn't the one trying to shut down the government. Defunding Obamacare is not shutting down the government. It's the President and Senator Reid who are saying unless you fund everything we are going to shut the government down, who are shutting the government down.

I wish you would be honest for once.

Forum List

Back