Wait what?? 100 - 0 for cloture!!

Liberals obviously can't grasp the simple truth that Senator Cruz was fulfilling his campaign promise to his constituents and other supporters to attempt to block Obamacare any way he could.

Liberals obviously can't wrap their brains around the difference between inside the beltway old rino assholes like McCain and a true public servant like Senator Cruz.

And there is no doubt now whatsoever that Liberals cannot grasp the meaning of integrity and living up to one's pledge to his voters.

So, because Cruz lied to his constituents about being able to repeal Obamacare, he gets to shut down government to cover his ass

the gov. is shutdown?:eusa_shifty:

where? why wasn't I told:eusa_eh:

It's the TeaTard agenda

Cruz spent all summer demanding it

Liberals obviously can't grasp the simple truth that Senator Cruz was fulfilling his campaign promise to his constituents and other supporters to attempt to block Obamacare any way he could.

Liberals obviously can't wrap their brains around the difference between inside the beltway old rino assholes like McCain and a true public servant like Senator Cruz.

And there is no doubt now whatsoever that Liberals cannot grasp the meaning of integrity and living up to one's pledge to his voters.

Nobody is dumb enough to follow that idiot's campaign promises for God's sake. Who would waste time doing that, there are so many other's in the senate that actually make sense and are working hard. Ted Cruz's self interests are not necessarily anyone else's interests.

theres a fairly large portion of the country that thinks so, why is it, when say the country turned against the war in Iraq the left was all over it posting polls showing half the folks wanted out, didn't like it or want it anymore, and thats fair play BUT, now? its not? :eusa_eh:

Typical left, can't see the forest for the trees. The real vote isn't til Friday, they now can debate the bill. Do your homework, guys.

The left is making it seem like all the republicans voted for ObamaCare with this 100-0 vote.
That they were hypocrites.

Wasn't this a vote to go ahead with the vote?

Typical left, can't see the forest for the trees. The real vote isn't til Friday, they now can debate the bill. Do your homework, guys.

The left is making it seem like all the republicans voted for ObamaCare with this 100-0 vote.

Yuppers. It was just a vote to allow this issue to proceed.

no, it was a scheduled procedural vote to open the bill for amendments/discussion on the floor.

BUT, harry will ( and it is his right and well within his legal power as majority leader to do so) fill the 'amendment tree' and only allow 1 amendment to pull the language defunding obamacare from the bill, then, they vote to end debate on the bill , ala cloture, IF there is a filibuster to be employed, then is when it will happen...;)

no, it was a scheduled procedural vote to open the bill for amendments/discussion on the floor.

BUT, harry will ( and it is his right and well within his legal power as majority leader to do so) fill the 'amendment tree' and only allow 1 amendment to pull the language defunding obamacare from the bill, then, they vote to end debate on the bill , ala cloture, IF there is a filibuster to be employed, then is when it will happen...;)

So will this be the new fangled one where McConnell says "I object" and goes home? Or will Cruz stand up again and have a "non-filibuster" rant for 22 hours?

I'm sorry..and what did they call that vote?

:eusa_shifty:

Nobody is dumb enough to follow that idiot's campaign promises for God's sake. Who would waste time doing that, there are so many other's in the senate that actually make sense and are working hard. Ted Cruz's self interests are not necessarily anyone else's interests.

theres a fairly large portion of the country that thinks so, why is it, when say the country turned against the war in Iraq the left was all over it posting polls showing half the folks wanted out, didn't like it or want it anymore, and thats fair play BUT, now? its not? :eusa_eh:

The Dems took the House and Senate because of Iraq. Republicans are welcome to do the same

What they are not welcome to do is shut down the government because they cannot win elections

The Dems took the House and Senate because of Iraq. Republicans are welcome to do the same

What they are not welcome to do is shut down the government because they cannot win elections

And what are you gonna do to stop them from shutting this POS down? Huh big man?

:lol:

This is basically what I mean about conservatives and their changing the meaning of words.

What Cruz conducted..was a filibuster. Only he didn't really have the stones or support to run out the clock or get a vote to sustain what he was doing.

Not only that..the vote to move forward was unanimous.

Somewhere in this guy's head he realizes a couple of things.

1. While he may look "pure" by voting no, he would look completely crazy. If he's got an eye on the Presidency, that's not the position he wants to be in.

2. He still is a Senator, and at some point, especially if he's seeking the Presidency, he has to get things done. Voting no would have shut the door.

So?

They flip the script. This wasn't a filibuster. And it wasn't a vote on cloture.

It was simply BAU.

Anyone with a quarter of a brain knows better of course.

And I am pretty surprised at the media, for the most part, almost accepting this story.

For now.

This is basically what I mean about conservatives and their changing the meaning of words.

What Cruz conducted..was a filibuster. Only he didn't really have the stones or support to run out the clock or get a vote to sustain what he was doing.

1. While he may look "pure" by voting no, he would look completely crazy. If he's got an eye on the Presidency, that's not the position he wants to be in.

2. He still is a Senator, and at some point, especially if he's seeking the Presidency, he has to get things done. Voting no would have shut the door.

So?

They flip the script. This wasn't a filibuster. And it wasn't a vote on cloture.

It was simply BAU.

And I am pretty surprised at the media, for the most part, almost accepting this story.

For now.
Nobody is changing the meaning of the word cloture.

Straight from the horses mouth:

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Glossary > cloture

cloture -

The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

FACT: 99% of filibusters these days are not filibusters.

what these idiots do, is threaten a filibuster, and the Senate then calls their bluff and tries to get 60 votes to end debate assuming that they actually might filibuster.

Wondering if Government schools even teach the Constitution today?? Or are some just rewriting it??

Well, now that I think of it....even Nancy Pelosi had trouble with it the other day. ~~sigh~~

These people are running our government, the hippes of the 70's. Dopers, stoners and people that thought Woodstock was the coolest thing, ever.

And what are you gonna do to stop them from shutting this POS down? Huh big man?

Our Government is a piece of shit?

So?

It was simply BAU.

For now.
Nobody is changing the meaning of the word cloture.

Straight from the horses mouth:

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Glossary > cloture

cloture -

The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.

No? They're changing the word for what he was actually doing to words that might be more palatable. He pretended to take a stand, creating this trumped up filibuster then he immediately voted for cloture.

He has no intention of debating anything, he just wanted his stupid mugg on TV. Him and Sarah, what a team.

So?

It was simply BAU.

For now.

I know what you're saying. It was just fun the way you set that up.

So?

It was simply BAU.

For now.

And the other shoe is that all the fools in the House are now running to MSNBC and other MSM outlets to conduct a "charm" offensive. Only:

A. It's not very charming since most of the "Tea Party" types can't stick to a coherent thought and have a tendency to laundry list when called on their bullshit.

B. The moderates come off as complete hypocrites when they rail against Ted Cruz. Why? They, for the most part, vote exactly like him.

One Tea party type revised the Birther nonsense.

You just can't make this stuff up.

So?

It was simply BAU.

For now.

If it weren't so serious it'd be laughable.

But this is a really radical step they are trying to take.

Forum List

Back