Wal-Mart introduces new dress code, employees must buy own clothes

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
Will it never stop with these guys?

Employees at Walmart are about to be forced to dress a little nicer at their own expense.

The world's largest retailer has unveiled a new dress code for its massive workforce, Business Insider reports. Starting Sept. 29, associates must wear navy blue or white collared shirts paired with khaki or black pants, capris or skirts.

Employees will also be required to wear a Walmart-branded vest, which the company will provide. However, Walmart says its employees will have to purchase the rest of their work uniform at their own expense. The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

SmellMart,
My local Stop & Shop has lower prices than Walmart across the board and for bulk I go to CostCo where the employees speak English.
But that's how it is on Long Island.

Will it never stop with these guys?

The company even set up a website for employees to buy their new required work clothes at Walmart.

Well, isn't that nice?

http://abc13.com/careers/walmarts-new-dress-code-criticized-by-employees/295823/

This reminds me of old west days where company stores sold everything employees needed. Effectively getting labor for free due to markup of everyday goods like food and clothing. :)

Gonna start wearing my pro-union stuff at Wal-Mart. Say loudly near mngt. "So you guys unionized yet?" :)

"Company scrip is scrip (a substitute for government-issued legal tender or currency) issued by a company to pay its employees. It can only be exchanged in company stores owned by the employers.[1][2][3] In the UK, such truck systems have been formally outlawed under Truck Acts[citation needed].

In the United States, mining and logging camps were typically created, owned and operated by a single company.[4] These locations, some quite remote, were often cash poor;[1][2][3] even in ones that were not, workers paid in scrip had little choice but to purchase goods at a company store, as exchange into currency, if even available, would exhaust some of the value via the exchange fee. With this economic monopoly, the employer could place large markups on goods, making workers dependent on the company, thus enforcing employee "loyalty".[4]"
Company scrip - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wal-Mart's, crossing some dangerous lines. Already encouraging employees to buy their goods at their company store, now their work attire too. Some stores offering healthcare I'm sure they'll put their employees on eventually.

I fail to see the problem?

The employees already buy clothes to wear like everyone else does in public.

WalMart is just say that the employees need to wear a certain style and color of clothes when working at the store.

Seriously, this isn't the end of the world......... :cool:

I fail to see the problem?

The employees already buy clothes to wear like everyone else does in public.

WalMart is just say that the employees need to wear a certain style and color of clothes when working at the store.

Seriously, this isn't the end of the world......... :cool:

Is if being paid so little you're on food stamps. Now ya gotta incur yet another expense of however much when you already have nothing as it is.

So now a dress code at a business is screwing employees?

So tell me if your employer told you that you had to wear a suit and tie instead of jeans would you say you were being screwed?

Besides they get a 10% discount on clothes they buy at Walmart.

Many companies have a dress code or require special attire when on the job.

In my line of work steel toe shoes were mandatory at work.

On the positive side.......any attire required by your job is 100% tax deductible. .... :cool:

What the hell is the issue here??? Every job I've ever had after high school was at least business casual from my college intern days to today. No one ever bought my clothes for me.

What the hell is the issue here??? Every job I've ever had after high school was at least business casual from my college intern days to today. No one ever bought my clothes for me.

Was just about to write the same... In my youth, every grocery chain I ever worked for required me to wear slacks, white button up, and a tie. These were not provided for me.

Was just about to write the same... In my youth, every grocery chain I ever worked for required me to wear slacks, white button up, and a tie. These were not provided for me.

When these people interviewed for Walmart did they show up in jeans and an AC/DC t-shirt? Did they not at least wear something nice? If they decide to leave Walmart due to the new policy do they intent on dressing nice for their next interview?

Ah, the lefty idiots will attempt to make a mountain out of any molehill on the Wal-Mart landscape.

It's a friggin' dress code, period as Barry would say. Thousands of companies have them and periodically companies make changes to them.

Also, employees are encouraged to buy the proper items from Wal-Mart, not forced as in the old company store days that one dimwit's trying to stir into the pot.

What a bunch of pathetic laughable loosers.

I avoid WalMart whenever possible. Not because of the false Union issue, but because the stores are generally unkempt and filthy.

Issue is it's just another "Fuck you you dirty Proles" to workers already unable to unionize (Bible's pro-union by the by) paid so little Management produced their own "How to get on welfare" videos, get no benefits, no paid vacation, etc etc.

Fair pay should be a national security priority. Nothing more threatening to national security than millions of pissed off workers.

I avoid WalMart whenever possible. Not because of the false Union issue, but because the stores are generally unkempt and filthy.

That's because of the customers. There's no way employees can keep up with the customers. I went to a Walmart out near Hemet. It was very clean and well kept. The Walmart near Inglewood in Redondo Beach is always filthy, boxes are open, merchandise (sometimes broken) is laying in the aisles, and food in the produce department is squashed on the floor because kids play in the area and they play with the food.

Offering employees a discount to buy their clothes at Walmart isn't hurting them. They don't have to buy their clothes there. They can go to Goodwill if they wish.

My Aunt and Uncle live in Hemet close to Hemet H.S.. It used to be a White retirement place but my Cousin says going downhill because it's a drop off point for Ex-Cons. My Cousin also said that Hemet has one of the largest Teen Pregnancy rates in the nation too.

Is Inglewood still a Black neighborhood or has it gone completely Illegal Alien?

Our super-sized Walmart is spotless and filled with employees wearing smiles. Of course I do offer them a smile and a friendly greeting between 8 and 10 in the morning which is the only time I will go there, once or twice a month, for groceries.

Forum List

Back