Wales stopped free school meals

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020

The High Court has declared that the Welsh Government’s last-minute decision to stop free school meals in the school holidays last year was made unlawfully, following a legal challenge brought by two families represented by Public Law Project.

That's the Welsh government for you, starving the kids.

The High Court has declared that the Welsh Government’s last-minute decision to stop free school meals in the school holidays last year was made unlawfully, following a legal challenge brought by two families represented by Public Law Project.

Are the school cooks not paid for prepping the lunches for the kids? Plus the food delivered to the school(s) most likely needs to be purchased? My momma either made me what we used to call a sack lunch @ least through 4th grade. After that I made up my own sack lunch with whatever was available. It cost less $$$$$ back then to make our own lunches than pay the delivery cost of the food to the schools plus the cost of the cooks, dishwashers etc.

Well my party introduced those meals. The labour party cancelled them. In comparison the tories get their arses kicked every day because of some illegal act.

Are the school cooks not paid for prepping the lunches for the kids? Plus the food delivered to the school(s) most likely needs to be purchased? My momma either made me what we used to call a sack lunch @ least through 4th grade. After that I made up my own sack lunch with whatever was available. It cost less $$$$$ back then to make our own lunches than pay the delivery cost of the food to the schools plus the cost of the cooks, dishwashers etc.
Up to the schools. Some schools cook their own food, others bring it in from outside catering firms. Those schools built by Labour privatisation money are struggling to pay the rent, let alone meals.

Forum List

Back