Wall Street finally taught Zuckerberg the lesson he deserved

6ff6bcb693a9fd40f89745df9cc55ceb.jpg

Yeah, what a shitty company, it is only worth 506 billion now, after losing 20% of its value.
So.............He got punked.........maybe it'll keep going down like Air America.......they do so well.

I thought Air America was a entertaining movie, though it has been a while since I have seen it
You really are young.........Air America was a liberal radio show that kept going bankrupt.
:abgg2q.jpg:
But you are correct.......the Movie was great.

Yeah, what a shitty company, it is only worth 506 billion now, after losing 20% of its value.
So.............He got punked.........maybe it'll keep going down like Air America.......they do so well.

I thought Air America was a entertaining movie, though it has been a while since I have seen it
You really are young.........Air America was a liberal radio show that kept going bankrupt.
:abgg2q.jpg:
But you are correct.......the Movie was great.

Since the movie is 14 years older than the radio station, I would say you are the youngster!

Typical statist, wanting to the government to interfere in private businesses and punish ones they do not like.

Is there anything you do no think the government should be involved in?
d2ae54d10eabdb80d8378fa1e14dac15--reality-check-fails.jpg

Just think, Zukerberg lost 3 times as much of his net worth in one day than Trump's total net worth. Yet all you zealot point to Trump's wealth as a sign of his success and brilliance. Seems you should be worshiping Zukerberg even more
Too damned bad..............Is he broke...............My god he may have to eat a ham sandwich today..............

He sensors...............being a little leftist pawn...........gets owned.............poor smeagle........

I don't care ........it's Karma............Just like the NFL..........how did they like losing money for players kneeling..........

Maybe the turkey will stop playing politics now.......doubt it...........Facebook can be replaced............

Some how I think he will be ok and he will do what he wants to do.

His company is a private company, they can sensor anything they damn well please.

Stop being such a drama queen snowflake
I'm sure he is just as dead broke as Hillary now.........I enjoy the moment........too bad........

Poor thing...........sniff sniff

You are such a drama queen. If you do not like Facebook, do not use Facebook, that seems really simple to me.

Facebook is an optional social media platform that nobody has ever been forced to use and nobody is being forced to use now. If they wish to block all right wing or all left wing shit on their platform, that is their fucking right to do as a private company.

I wish you damn statist would quit wanting the government to get involved in every private company dispute.

Just think, Zukerberg lost 3 times as much of his net worth in one day than Trump's total net worth. Yet all you zealot point to Trump's wealth as a sign of his success and brilliance. Seems you should be worshiping Zukerberg even more
Too damned bad..............Is he broke...............My god he may have to eat a ham sandwich today..............

He sensors...............being a little leftist pawn...........gets owned.............poor smeagle........

I don't care ........it's Karma............Just like the NFL..........how did they like losing money for players kneeling..........

Maybe the turkey will stop playing politics now.......doubt it...........Facebook can be replaced............

His company is a private company, they can sensor anything they damn well please.

I'm sure he is just as dead broke as Hillary now.........I enjoy the moment........too bad........

You are such a drama queen. If you do not like Facebook, do not use Facebook, that seems really simple to me.

Facebook is an optional social media platform that nobody has ever been forced to use and nobody is being forced to use now. If they wish to block all right wing or all left wing shit on their platform, that is their fucking right to do as a private company.

I wish you damn statist would quit wanting the government to get involved in every private company dispute.
I don't use Facebook.............Never have.............But I follow the news..........

Politics got his ass in trouble............play them in business pay a price these days............poor thing...........I don't care if the little fucker goes belly up. Doubt it but I would laugh my ass off................Karma sucks........and in regards to oh no.........FB........someone would take it's place...........The Market is there.........think he needs competition there..............Ripe for a HOSTILE TAKEOVER. LOL

I enjoy watching tears of TDS people here.........You being one...........didn't call you leftist.........but you might as well join them............

Enjoy the Censorship on the Good Ship FB.

Typical statist, wanting to the government to interfere in private businesses and punish ones they do not like.

Yes! Collaboration with Corporations. We have anti-trust laws for a reason.

Now Trump needs to have the DOJ file an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook since they are using their monopoly power to to persecute groups they don't agree with.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/wall-street-finally-taught-zuckerberg-the-lesson-he-deserved/

This week Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally got the whack across the nose that many had hoped Congress would give him back in April.

The social-media giant’s stock price took a spectacular nose dive Thursday after the company forecast a slowdown in the rate of new user sign-ups. Analysts reckon Facebook’s limp response to the European Union’s recently enacted digital privacy laws also soured investors on its near-term financial future.

While Zuckerberg spent the first half of 2018 listening to but not really hearing complaints about how Facebook mishandles user data, it’s a good bet he’s listening now. All told, Thursday’s trading vaporized $119 billion of the Menlo Park, Calif., company’s market value. That’s roughly the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Kuwait.

Public patience with Zuckerberg’s often unconvincing — and at times duplicitous — statements about the heroic lengths Facebook goes to protect user data appears to have come to an end. A rolling tide of revelations this year about persistent privacy breaches has eviscerated Facebook’s credibility on the issue. People have been logging off in droves.

Facebook has long claimed that its mission is to develop social infrastructure and — *gag* — build community. That no longer passes the giggle test. What they really want to do is follow people around the Internet, collect and organize what they learn and sell that information to the highest bidder.

To the three people who don’t realize it already: Facebook doesn’t think of you as the customer; they think of you as the product.

Congress raked Zuckerberg across the coals this spring. It made for satisfying viewing but ultimately came to nothing. No one in Washington appears up to the task of regulating America’s favorite time-waster.

Now the market has done what government failed to do — discipline Facebook...

Yes! Collaboration with Corporations.
Kinda funny when sponsors and the people tell them to FO. LOL

I enjoy watching tears of TDS people here.........You being one...........didn't call you leftist.........but you might as well join them............

I do not use FB for my news so I do not give a shit what they block. I use it to maintain contact with friends and family all over the world, it is a great platform for that. Thanks to the efforts of my sister we even got reconnected with a group of cousins on my dads side I had not seen nor spoken to in close to 45 years.

Yes! Collaboration with Corporations. We have anti-trust laws for a reason.

Oh bull fucking shit. FB is an optional social media platform. We have anti-trust laws for things that matter, not for attacking companies the current party holding the white house does not like.

This country moves more and more left each day and the "cons" are leading the charge.

Companies pull ads from Facebook after Cambridge Analytica controversy

Even though some advertisers are only leaving Facebook temporarily, Facebook’s stock has dropped more than 13 percent this week.

Many advertisers privately say they are fine sticking with Facebook but they are monitoring the situation closely, the Journal reported.

Facebook’s current turmoil began earlier this month when it was reported that Cambridge Analytica had harvested the private Facebook data of 50 million users.

Now Trump needs to have the DOJ file an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook since they are using their monopoly power to to persecute groups they don't agree with.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/wall-street-finally-taught-zuckerberg-the-lesson-he-deserved/

This week Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally got the whack across the nose that many had hoped Congress would give him back in April.

The social-media giant’s stock price took a spectacular nose dive Thursday after the company forecast a slowdown in the rate of new user sign-ups. Analysts reckon Facebook’s limp response to the European Union’s recently enacted digital privacy laws also soured investors on its near-term financial future.

While Zuckerberg spent the first half of 2018 listening to but not really hearing complaints about how Facebook mishandles user data, it’s a good bet he’s listening now. All told, Thursday’s trading vaporized $119 billion of the Menlo Park, Calif., company’s market value. That’s roughly the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Kuwait.

Public patience with Zuckerberg’s often unconvincing — and at times duplicitous — statements about the heroic lengths Facebook goes to protect user data appears to have come to an end. A rolling tide of revelations this year about persistent privacy breaches has eviscerated Facebook’s credibility on the issue. People have been logging off in droves.

Facebook has long claimed that its mission is to develop social infrastructure and — *gag* — build community. That no longer passes the giggle test. What they really want to do is follow people around the Internet, collect and organize what they learn and sell that information to the highest bidder.

To the three people who don’t realize it already: Facebook doesn’t think of you as the customer; they think of you as the product.

Congress raked Zuckerberg across the coals this spring. It made for satisfying viewing but ultimately came to nothing. No one in Washington appears up to the task of regulating America’s favorite time-waster.

Yes! Collaboration with Corporations.
Kinda funny when sponsors and the people tell them to FO. LOL

Actually, that is the way it should happen. Let the market sort it all out, keep your government out of it.

Even though some advertisers are only leaving Facebook temporarily, Facebook’s stock has dropped more than 13 percent this week.

Many advertisers privately say they are fine sticking with Facebook but they are monitoring the situation closely, the Journal reported.

Facebook’s current turmoil began earlier this month when it was reported that Cambridge Analytica had harvested the private Facebook data of 50 million users.

This is the way it should happen. Let the market sort it all out, keep your government out of it.

I do not use FB for my news so I do not give a shit what they block. I use it to maintain contact with friends and family all over the world, it is a great platform for that. Thanks to the efforts of my sister we even got reconnected with a group of cousins on my dads side I had not seen nor spoken to in close to 45 years.
Whatever floats your boat.........I don't care.........They use Censorship and they pay a price........and of course lack of security........

They can be replaced...............

This is the way it should happen. Let the market sort it all out, keep your government out of it.
LOL

They are leaving because of security breaches and Censorship.............LOL

Not the Gov't..........Most of the publicity came from the witch hunt.
:CryingCow:

Whatever floats your boat.........I don't care.........They use Censorship and they pay a price........and of course lack of security........

As long as it is the free market doing the replacing I am cool with it, the only issue I have is you statist wanting to use the government to interfere with a private company.

As long as it is the free market doing the replacing I am cool with it, the only issue I have is you statist wanting to use the government to interfere with a private company.
I never said that dumb ass............The State isn't making them fall............companies are pulling ads and they are taking a hit...........wah..........

Your TDS doesn't equal reality...............the NFL took a hit for the same reason...........

Instead of playing football they played politics and taken to the wood shed for it.

I never said that dumb ass............The State isn't making them fall............companies are pulling ads and they are taking a hit...........wah..........

Your TDS doesn't equal reality...............the NFL took a hit for the same reason...........

Instead of playing football they played politics and taken to the wood shed for it.

Oh yeah, the NFL is really suffering, they only had 14 fucking billion in revenue last year, a 7% increase from the previous year. They are going to fold any day now!

Is there any fake news you do not blindly believe?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Oh yeah, the NFL is really suffering, they only had 14 fucking billion in revenue last year, a 7% increase from the previous year. They are going to fold any day now!

Is there any fake news you do not blindly believe?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
But that was revenue lost even with a profit......poor things......lol

That's what the libs would do if the shoe was on the other foot. Normally I would be against it, but in this case I support using the state's tools against it.

Forum List

Back