Wall Street finally taught Zuckerberg the lesson he deserved

I do not use FB for my news so I do not give a shit what they block. I use it to maintain contact with friends and family all over the world, it is a great platform for that. Thanks to the efforts of my sister we even got reconnected with a group of cousins on my dads side I had not seen nor spoken to in close to 45 years.
Whatever floats your boat.........I don't care.........They use Censorship and they pay a price........and of course lack of security........

They can be replaced...............

As long as it is the free market doing the replacing I am cool with it, the only issue I have is you statist wanting to use the government to interfere with a private company.
I never said that dumb ass............The State isn't making them fall............companies are pulling ads and they are taking a hit...........wah..........

Your TDS doesn't equal reality...............the NFL took a hit for the same reason...........

Instead of playing football they played politics and taken to the wood shed for it.

Oh yeah, the NFL is really suffering, they only had 14 fucking billion in revenue last year, a 7% increase from the previous year. They are going to fold any day now!

Is there any fake news you do not blindly believe?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
But that was revenue lost even with a profit......poor things......lol

What the fuck are you talking about? They increased their revenue. God you are one uneducated person

Now Trump needs to have the DOJ file an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook since they are using their monopoly power to to persecute groups they don't agree with.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/wall-street-finally-taught-zuckerberg-the-lesson-he-deserved/

This week Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally got the whack across the nose that many had hoped Congress would give him back in April.

The social-media giant’s stock price took a spectacular nose dive Thursday after the company forecast a slowdown in the rate of new user sign-ups. Analysts reckon Facebook’s limp response to the European Union’s recently enacted digital privacy laws also soured investors on its near-term financial future.

While Zuckerberg spent the first half of 2018 listening to but not really hearing complaints about how Facebook mishandles user data, it’s a good bet he’s listening now. All told, Thursday’s trading vaporized $119 billion of the Menlo Park, Calif., company’s market value. That’s roughly the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Kuwait.

Public patience with Zuckerberg’s often unconvincing — and at times duplicitous — statements about the heroic lengths Facebook goes to protect user data appears to have come to an end. A rolling tide of revelations this year about persistent privacy breaches has eviscerated Facebook’s credibility on the issue. People have been logging off in droves.

Facebook has long claimed that its mission is to develop social infrastructure and — *gag* — build community. That no longer passes the giggle test. What they really want to do is follow people around the Internet, collect and organize what they learn and sell that information to the highest bidder.

To the three people who don’t realize it already: Facebook doesn’t think of you as the customer; they think of you as the product.

Congress raked Zuckerberg across the coals this spring. It made for satisfying viewing but ultimately came to nothing. No one in Washington appears up to the task of regulating America’s favorite time-waster.

Now the market has done what government failed to do — discipline Facebook...

Typical statist, wanting to the government to interfere in private businesses and punish ones they do not like.

Is there anything you do no think the government should be involved in?
That's what the libs would do if the shoe was on the other foot. Normally I would be against it, but in this case I support using the state's tools against it.

You are right, that is what Libs would do. Now you are just like them. Congrats!

Now Trump needs to have the DOJ file an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook since they are using their monopoly power to to persecute groups they don't agree with.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/wall-street-finally-taught-zuckerberg-the-lesson-he-deserved/

This week Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg finally got the whack across the nose that many had hoped Congress would give him back in April.

The social-media giant’s stock price took a spectacular nose dive Thursday after the company forecast a slowdown in the rate of new user sign-ups. Analysts reckon Facebook’s limp response to the European Union’s recently enacted digital privacy laws also soured investors on its near-term financial future.

While Zuckerberg spent the first half of 2018 listening to but not really hearing complaints about how Facebook mishandles user data, it’s a good bet he’s listening now. All told, Thursday’s trading vaporized $119 billion of the Menlo Park, Calif., company’s market value. That’s roughly the equivalent of the gross domestic product of Kuwait.

Public patience with Zuckerberg’s often unconvincing — and at times duplicitous — statements about the heroic lengths Facebook goes to protect user data appears to have come to an end. A rolling tide of revelations this year about persistent privacy breaches has eviscerated Facebook’s credibility on the issue. People have been logging off in droves.

Facebook has long claimed that its mission is to develop social infrastructure and — *gag* — build community. That no longer passes the giggle test. What they really want to do is follow people around the Internet, collect and organize what they learn and sell that information to the highest bidder.

To the three people who don’t realize it already: Facebook doesn’t think of you as the customer; they think of you as the product.

Congress raked Zuckerberg across the coals this spring. It made for satisfying viewing but ultimately came to nothing. No one in Washington appears up to the task of regulating America’s favorite time-waster.

Typical statist, wanting to the government to interfere in private businesses and punish ones they do not like.

That's what the libs would do if the shoe was on the other foot. Normally I would be against it, but in this case I support using the state's tools against it.

You are right, that is what Libs would do. Now you are just like them. Congrats!
Sponsors removing ads and money are not the State dumbass...........most saying they left for security reasons..........

Go play in your state sand box.............it's not the equation.

Obama and the CIA made Facebook what it is today; Google and Amazon too for that matter

So How Much Did NFL Lose in Viewers, Revenue This Season?

2 million viewers and about 30 million ..............maybe not a big splash..........but was a message...........given the new rules.......they understood the message.

Here is my prediction for you...we will both be dead and gone before either the NFL or FB is.
Who da fuck cares.........I'm happy with temporary Karma................I enjoy it............The owner is a douche bag who bans speech...........it is his company........I really don't care..........I just want to see COMPETITION AGAINST HIM...............and hurt his wittle feelings in the piggy bank.

LOL

It wasn't the markets that slapped him it was the general public.

He's a typical Limousine Liberal/Democrat asshole. He only supports speech that expresses Democrat Bootlicking. He censors everything else. More & more folks are catching on. They're ditching Facebook in droves.

Sponsors removing ads and money are not the State dumbass...........most saying they left for security reasons..........

Read the OP you fucking ignorant moron, he calls for the government to take action.

Do any of you sheep know how to read or follow a thread.

Everyday it seems a different sheep works so hard to take the title of dumbest poster of the day award

Read the OP you fucking ignorant moron, he calls for the government to take action.

Do any of you sheep know how to read or follow a thread.

Everyday it seems a different sheep works so hard to take the title of dumbest poster of the day award

I'm not for that...........LOL............but am enjoying the meltdown of FB losing money............sorry....... I don't fucking care.

LOL

It wasn't the markets that slapped him it was the general public.

The general public is the market

Obama and the CIA made Facebook what it is today; Google and Amazon too for that matter
Crony Capitalism.............Gov't picks and chooses the winners and losers.

Sort of like Trump is doing with his tariffs and bailouts

BS.................he's firing back trying to force negotiation..........for them to stop their abuses.......and I agree......

You............not so much...........we've already had that discussion on balls.

He's a typical Limousine Liberal/Democrat asshole. He only supports speech that expresses Democrat Bootlicking. He censors everything else. More & more folks are catching on. They're ditching Facebook in droves.
Zuckerberg just last weekend said he wouldnt censor Holocaust denial. Doesnt seem like democrat bootlicking to let far-right hate speech stay up.

Also let anti-vaccine hoaxes stay up.
The threshold seems to be when death threats are made.

He's on a 'Fake News' crusade. Which is really just code for 'Censor anything Democrats don't like.' Twitter and YouTube have joined the crusade as well. Just more proof Communists/Democrats don't support our Constitution. They despise it.

BS.................he's firing back trying to force negotiation..........for them to stop their abuses.......and I agree......

You............not so much...........we've already had that discussion on balls.

So few are asking a simple question. Why haven't China and the EU ended all their tariffs? I'm sure if they agreed to end all their tariffs, we would consider doing the same.

Yes we have had many talks about you licking Trump’s balls, but you keep right on licking

So few are asking a simple question. Why haven't China and the EU ended all their tariffs? I'm sure if they agreed to end all their tariffs, we would consider doing the same.
Politics and TDS are part of that equation......

For decades, the same ones screaming about unfair trade practices are now against Trump for the very same reason.............It's all POLITICS........and power.

The other countries know they have been screwing us..........behind the scenes..............they knew this day would come when we stop allowing it..........Their not stupid..........

So now the tit for tat trade comes...........we'll see where it goes.

Forum List

Back