šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

CDZ Wall Will do nothing to stop drugs

Trump's speech... wow what a fool.

The drugs come into the country by submarine, tunnel, by car/truck, shipping.

The amount of drugs walked over the border is very small.

Stopping that will have no effect on drugs in our country.

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

Submarine? Edited-meister Itā€™s not Scarface. Itā€™s reality. Drug shipments are not done in million dollar quantities. When tunnels are located, they are shut down. The drugs are coming directly through the boarders, and killing about 300 people monthly in the United States. You mentioned a better idea than a border wall, but provided no options. Please educate us further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now the cartels are using oil pipe drillers to drill 8-10" diameter pipes that can travel for a mile to smuggle drugs, how can you stop that??? You can not.

The can not stop the supply side at all, it is too difficult. We have been fighting the war on drugs since the 1970s and every year more and more drugs come into the country, by increasingly sophisticated means.
You need to stop the demand side. You need treatment for users and prevention for non-users. If 300 people die monthly treatment is the only way to stop that.

Can you show any evidence that any GOP anti-drug idea has produced any form of success in any way? We build a wall and nothing will change.

I donā€™t know where you are getting your information. I understand tunnels, and we destroy them when they are found. Now they drill 8-10ā€ pipes and send drugs for a mile? Do they yell through the pipe after itā€™s drilled. Iā€™m sure something like this has happened, but not like you described. The heroin and fentanyl that is coming over is causing the overdoses. We are not even talking about the meth that is coming also. Treatment is available, but canā€™t be forced. Itā€™s part of a process, and will never be finished. The wall, fence, gate, etc., is only a part of the deterrent. The drugs are only part of the crime and undocumented people that need to be cut. The money for this is minuscule. Itā€™s the idea of blocking Don from doing anything.

Of the 17 largest drug busts in the US history exactly zero were the result of illegal crossing of barrier walls or fences. Two resulted from tunnels both of which could easily pass under the Trump proposed wall. The 15 remaining drug busts resulted from drugs entering or attempted entrance on boats, private and commercial air craft, ship containers and trucks coming through border stations. Not one was the result of people climbing walls or fences carrying drugs.
17 of the Biggest Drug Busts in U.S. History Took Billions of Dollars in Drugs

Here's a thought: What if they didn't catch the people smuggling drugs across the border?

Just sayin'. :dunno:

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

Submarine? Edited-meister Itā€™s not Scarface. Itā€™s reality. Drug shipments are not done in million dollar quantities. When tunnels are located, they are shut down. The drugs are coming directly through the boarders, and killing about 300 people monthly in the United States. You mentioned a better idea than a border wall, but provided no options. Please educate us further.

Right now the cartels are using oil pipe drillers to drill 8-10" diameter pipes that can travel for a mile to smuggle drugs, how can you stop that??? You can not.

The can not stop the supply side at all, it is too difficult. We have been fighting the war on drugs since the 1970s and every year more and more drugs come into the country, by increasingly sophisticated means.
You need to stop the demand side. You need treatment for users and prevention for non-users. If 300 people die monthly treatment is the only way to stop that.

Can you show any evidence that any GOP anti-drug idea has produced any form of success in any way? We build a wall and nothing will change.

I donā€™t know where you are getting your information. I understand tunnels, and we destroy them when they are found. Now they drill 8-10ā€ pipes and send drugs for a mile? Do they yell through the pipe after itā€™s drilled. Iā€™m sure something like this has happened, but not like you described. The heroin and fentanyl that is coming over is causing the overdoses. We are not even talking about the meth that is coming also. Treatment is available, but canā€™t be forced. Itā€™s part of a process, and will never be finished. The wall, fence, gate, etc., is only a part of the deterrent. The drugs are only part of the crime and undocumented people that need to be cut. The money for this is minuscule. Itā€™s the idea of blocking Don from doing anything.

Of the 17 largest drug busts in the US history exactly zero were the result of illegal crossing of barrier walls or fences. Two resulted from tunnels both of which could easily pass under the Trump proposed wall. The 15 remaining drug busts resulted from drugs entering or attempted entrance on boats, private and commercial air craft, ship containers and trucks coming through border stations. Not one was the result of people climbing walls or fences carrying drugs.

Here's a thought: What if they didn't catch the people smuggling drugs across the border?

The drug trade in America is so large, it would make no difference. There is about 100,000 miles of borders and shoreline surrounding the nation. Building a wall on 234 miles of it is like emptying the ocean by removing a barrel of sea water.

Last edited:

This shows how truly clueless you are about what is really happening, the same way I'm sure you thought that mandatory minimums would stop the drug dealing:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

"discovered a tunnel unlike anything they'd ever seen. Only ten inches wide, it was essentially a pipe. The Mexican cops traced it back to a house about 600 feet from the border, where they found a tractor-like vehicle with a long barrel on its sideā€”a horizontal directional drill, or HDD. "

"HDD is a dream come true," according to Kersten. As the San Diego Tunnel Task Force's Jose Garcia told Kersten, "not a lot of sophistication is required" on the narcos' end, just a baseline knowledge of how to maneuver something like the Ditch Witch JT8020, the firetruck-sized HDD rig that authorities found at a drug smuggling operation in the Calexico region in 2011."

So easy and fast, in fact, that a lone HDD operator can be boring thousand-foot tunnels, and burrowing at basically any angle to boot, in just weeks with little training. Some of the larger and advanced industrial HDD units are capable of clearing holes five feet across, and also automatically self-feed pipe while providing real-time progress monitoring.

There have been at least seven HDD pipelines busted up by authorities since 2008 in Calexico alone. All of them "collided with city infrastructure," Kersten notes, but lesson learned: Soon enough, the Sinaloa and other cartels will very well have perfected the technique.
ā€œThey keep improving their knowledge and rising in sophistication,ā€ Garcia admitted. ā€œThey've got the bucks.ā€

I say again a wall will do nothing to stop the drugs. If it would work I would be all for it. You will just follow anything that Trump says without question.

Ok. You have schooled me on something I didnā€™t know was as sophisticated. This is still possible largely because of corruption and cooperation between the cartels and the government in Mexico. This will never be completely stopped. I still believe there are a lot of low level criminals,that are also involved with distribution, crimes, violence and praying on people leaving the country heading here. No one believes they are ever going to get caught, so minimums donā€™t deter anything. We already have walls. The wall itself is part of the process, along with manpower, roads, vehicles, monitoring etc. They are trying to make it like itā€™s just the wall. The money requested is minimal. I donā€™t think they have the right to dictate the process.

The drug trade in America is so large, it would make no difference. There is about 100,000 miles of borders and shoreline surrounding the nation. Building a wall on 234 miles of it is like emptying the ocean by removing a barrel of sea water.
Exactly, If we build a wall then what, in 1 year there will be 30% less drugs in the country? There will be no change in anything, and the republicans will fabricate their fake news to try and justify the wall... Just like they did with the war in Iraq.

How do you know tunnels would easily thwart Trump's wall?

Interesting bold statements.

What is your position on Gun Control?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Exactly, If we build a wall then what, in 1 year there will be 30% less drugs in the country? There will be no change in anything, and the republicans will fabricate their fake news to try and justify the wall... Just like they did with the war in Iraq.

Look here, person: A wall was agreed upon in 1980-fucking 8. It's a little half-past time to build it. Derp!

You seem to think that a multi billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall... AHAAHAHA!!! :abgg2q.jpg:
You don't seem to understand the simple economics of drug trafficking, as any supply disruptions made by a border wall will be quickly and easily offset by increasing in the other methods of smuggling.

Didn't you people say that mandatory minimums would stop drugs and drug dealing? How'd that work out for ya???

It seems like every few years the conservatives come up with a new failed idea on how to stop drugs, no conservative idea has yet to have one iota of improvement in the brilliant "war on Drugs"

Can the republicans say that any of their ideas on drugs had any bit of success???

You seem to put words in other people's mouths, because you lack the integrity and intellect to debate.

Apparently your answer to drugs is to let anyone use them and let them die.

That tends to suggest walls work.

This could have been a good thread if it would have been in a zone where opinions couched as facts would be deleted.

You seem to think that a multi billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall... AHAAHAHA!!! :abgg2q.jpg:
You don't seem to understand the simple economics of drug trafficking, as any supply disruptions made by a border wall will be quickly and easily offset by increasing in the other methods of smuggling.

Didn't you people say that mandatory minimums would stop drugs and drug dealing? How'd that work out for ya???

It seems like every few years the conservatives come up with a new failed idea on how to stop drugs, no conservative idea has yet to have one iota of improvement in the brilliant "war on Drugs"

Can the republicans say that any of their ideas on drugs had any bit of success???

You seem to put words in other people's mouths, because you lack the integrity and intellect to debate.

Not a bad idea actually.

How do you know tunnels would easily thwart Trump's wall?
Because tunnels are these new fangled things that go underground underneath walls...

Really you should be explaining how walls will thwart tunnels, that's how this works...

This shows how truly clueless you are about what is really happening, the same way I'm sure you thought that mandatory minimums would stop the drug dealing:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

"discovered a tunnel unlike anything they'd ever seen. Only ten inches wide, it was essentially a pipe. The Mexican cops traced it back to a house about 600 feet from the border, where they found a tractor-like vehicle with a long barrel on its sideā€”a horizontal directional drill, or HDD. "

"HDD is a dream come true," according to Kersten. As the San Diego Tunnel Task Force's Jose Garcia told Kersten, "not a lot of sophistication is required" on the narcos' end, just a baseline knowledge of how to maneuver something like the Ditch Witch JT8020, the firetruck-sized HDD rig that authorities found at a drug smuggling operation in the Calexico region in 2011."

So easy and fast, in fact, that a lone HDD operator can be boring thousand-foot tunnels, and burrowing at basically any angle to boot, in just weeks with little training. Some of the larger and advanced industrial HDD units are capable of clearing holes five feet across, and also automatically self-feed pipe while providing real-time progress monitoring.

There have been at least seven HDD pipelines busted up by authorities since 2008 in Calexico alone. All of them "collided with city infrastructure," Kersten notes, but lesson learned: Soon enough, the Sinaloa and other cartels will very well have perfected the technique.
ā€œThey keep improving their knowledge and rising in sophistication,ā€ Garcia admitted. ā€œThey've got the bucks.ā€

I say again a wall will do nothing to stop the drugs. If it would work I would be all for it. You will just follow anything that Trump says without question.

Ok. You have schooled me on something I didnā€™t know was as sophisticated. This is still possible largely because of corruption and cooperation between the cartels and the government in Mexico. This will never be completely stopped. I still believe there are a lot of low level criminals,that are also involved with distribution, crimes, violence and praying on people leaving the country heading here. No one believes they are ever going to get caught, so minimums donā€™t deter anything. We already have walls. The wall itself is part of the process, along with manpower, roads, vehicles, monitoring etc. They are trying to make it like itā€™s just the wall. The money requested is minimal. I donā€™t think they have the right to dictate the process.

Yeah, but again the reality is that because of all those things a wall will do absolutely nothing to stop the drugs.
I started the thread to show all the many reasons why a wall won't stop the drugs, something most republicans don't seem to comprehend. In Trump's speech on Saturday he kept repeating (along with a lot of other people) that we need the wall to stop the drugs...
The wall might be more effective against illegals, but it is completely useless against drugs. Also do you really think that the smuggling rings, that are making a fortune, are going to be stopped because of a wall? They will find another way, they always do. Cash rules everything around me...

PS you do know about these as well right:
Six Tons Of Cocaine Seized From Narco-Submarine

Last edited:
Because tunnels are these new fangled things that go underground underneath walls...

Really you should be explaining how walls will thwart tunnels, that's how this works...

Trump's walls have deep foundations unlike the existing ones. Maybe you should get acquainted with the facts of tunnel-building as well. It takes a lot of time and $$$ to build a tunnel, especially if you want to tunnel deep under a foundation. This is how walls thwart tunnels skippy.

Yeah, but again the reality is that because of all those things a wall will do absolutely nothing to stop the drugs.
I started the thread to show all the many reasons why a wall won't stop the drugs, something most republicans don't seem to comprehend. In Trump's speech on Saturday he kept repeating (along with a lot of other people) that we need the wall to stop the drugs...
The wall might be more effective against illegals, but it is completely useless against drugs. Also do you really think that the smuggling rings, that are making a fortune, are going to be stopped because of a wall? They will find another way, they always do. Cash rules everything around me...

PS you do know about these as well right:

Trump's walls have deep foundations unlike the existing ones. Maybe you should get acquainted with the facts of tunnel-building as well. It takes a lot of time and $$$ to build a tunnel, especially if you want to tunnel deep under a foundation. This is how walls thwart tunnels skippy.
Well too bad the billion dollar cartels have hundreds of tunnels and they dig them plenty deep enough so if your only argument is that the wall forces cartels to spend extra money on deep tunnels it is flawed as they already have done that, and can easily dig them deeper if need be. Remember they have billions of dollars... Your argument is dead before the debate has even begun.

How does a wall stop this:

How does a wall stop these:

I get it, you'll never admit reality, but you should try it- the truth shall set you free.

Last edited:

Well use your intellect and integrity to address my facts...

How is a wall going to stop the tunnels?
the HDD drillers:
the narco submarines:

I get it, you'll never admit reality, but you should try it- the truth shall set you free.

You have not presented reality. The reality is that walls do stop invasions and that includes drugs. No wall is going to stop 100% but it is meant to deter. I don't understand why some would deny that a wall is a deterrent while living behind them themselves. No, the only objection to the wall is that Democrats hate Trump and will not give him even 1 iota. They put their political ambitions and hatred for one man above everyone in the country and outside the country.

Dear God, not another idiot thread which fallaciously claims the impossible: that not a single joint, not a single dime bag will be stopped by a 30 foot wall. Ever. Obviously, the OP is in the wrong field and needs to be a consultant to the DEA where he could save our country millions.

Forum List

Back