CDZ Wall Will do nothing to stop drugs

Correct, all this sub forum does is protect the dishonest from being called out for their dishonesty the way they are called out in other sub forums.

The level of discourse is exactly the same, and that's a shame.

Which is why I rarely enter this zone of protected half wits.

Trump's speech... wow what a fool.

The drugs come into the country by submarine, tunnel, by car/truck, shipping.

The amount of drugs walked over the border is very small.

Stopping that will have no effect on drugs in our country.

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.
They make a lot of the drugs here in the US..

Which is of course entirely irrelevant in a discussion bout drugs coming in from our southern border.
Why ignore that fact?
It is IRRELEVANT to the discussion of illegal drugs coming cross our southern border

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.
They make a lot of the drugs here in the US..

Which is of course entirely irrelevant in a discussion bout drugs coming in from our southern border.
Why ignore that fact?
It is IRRELEVANT to the discussion of illegal drugs coming cross our southern border
Not if they export and it gets returned.

We have spent thirty times that amount walling out noise from highways. You seem to think that way solution to a problem that is not 100% effective has no place in society. Look around most of what we have accomplished has a 100% effectiveness. What you present is a weak argument, revealed in your statements that it will have no effect at all. Anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands that is a false statement. The Left's leadership have all supported the idea in the past.
It will have no effect on drugs, that is fact. The same amount of drugs will still come into the country. The drugs come in by tunnel, submarine, car/tuck. Any extremely minor reduction in drug imports made by the wall will just be offset by an increase in the tunnels, submarines, trucks etc. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

SO you think if we build the wall then crime will be reduced and the drug problem will be reduced? Do you really think that??? Do you really think that???????????? Didn't you think the war in Iraq was going to be a good idea too...

Here's you wall cut by the US military with a cheap saw from home depot, brilliant plan.
You seem to think drugs only come in a few ways.
Alot of the drugs are carried by mules through our porous borders. A solid wall will concentrate entry points making it easier to police.

Most drugs that come into the country come in through legal ports of entry at airports, border crossings, ship terminals, and by rail. The other most common entry is by private boats and private planes.

Yes, people do bring drugs across border barriers but they typically are small amounts often for personal use.

Drug trafficking is big business. Shippers want to ship drugs in quantity say 500 kilos of cocaine using as few people as possible, certainly not a 100 drug mules climbing over fences and running through the desert carrying 5 kilos each. It's simply not reliable and far too dangerous. That's why building walls on 10% of the border will have little to no effect on drugs entering the country. If traffickers see a wall as a problem they will just use alternative routes which there are many.

As far as I'm concerned, the wall is to stop the current invasion of illegal aliens. I don't really give a shit about the drugs, that's a political talking point. We'd have far less trouble with certain now illegal drugs if we legalized them for adult use and regulate their content and strength.
I'll agree that the wall will slightly reduce illegal immigration, BUT (1) Trump, Coulter, and all the other Trump supporters keep reiterating how the wall is needed to stop the drugs so I am wondering are you people really that stupid? DO you people really think a wall will stop or even reduce drugs? Because it won't.
(2) It is still possible that the smugglers will come up with new and innovative ways to bypass the wall, as now plenty of illegals are coming across the border in trucks, then there are the tunnels.
(3) the steel slat wall is useless as the US military demonstrated how easy it is to cut

“Wall Will do nothing to stop drugs”

Correct.

Or stop unauthorized persons from entering the country.

Or stop terrorists seeking to enter the country.

The ‘wall’ is solely about conservatives’ fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate.

Why do we have walls around everything else then? Even further, why even have locking doors? Sorry but I can't fathom the stupidity of your statement. First off, your blanket statement that a wall do 'nothing' to stop drugs, people, etc. Walls certainly do SOMETHING to halt entry, border patrols also do SOMETHING, even Pelosi's cameras and drones would do SOMETHING. Geez Jones.....I'm about to put you on ignore.

As far as I'm concerned, the wall is to stop the current invasion of illegal aliens. I don't really give a shit about the drugs, that's a political talking point. We'd have far less trouble with certain now illegal drugs if we legalized them for adult use and regulate their content and strength.
I'll agree that the wall will slightly reduce illegal immigration, BUT (1) Trump, Coulter, and all the other Trump supporters keep reiterating how the wall is needed to stop the drugs so I am wondering are you people really that stupid? DO you people really think a wall will stop or even reduce drugs? Because it won't.
(2) It is still possible that the smugglers will come up with new and innovative ways to bypass the wall, as now plenty of illegals are coming across the border in trucks, then there are the tunnels.
(3) the steel slat wall is useless as the US military demonstrated how easy it is to cut

Of course it will slow down the flow of illegal drugs.

You would have to be ridiculously stupid to believe that there aren't quite a damn few illlegal drugs flowing in through areas of our border that are wide open and unprotected.

It will have no effect on drugs, that is fact. The same amount of drugs will still come into the country. The drugs come in by tunnel, submarine, car/tuck. Any extremely minor reduction in drug imports made by the wall will just be offset by an increase in the tunnels, submarines, trucks etc. This is what you don't seem to comprehend.

SO you think if we build the wall then crime will be reduced and the drug problem will be reduced? Do you really think that??? Do you really think that???????????? Didn't you think the war in Iraq was going to be a good idea too...

Here's you wall cut by the US military with a cheap saw from home depot, brilliant plan.

Well well it seems you think walking across a border takes the same amount of time that building a tunnel takes. :lol:

Do you normally take a completely unrelated point and throw it into your arguments? It seems the CDZ would require a higher level of discourse. Instead, it protects poor debaters like yourself from meeting true debate standards.
You seem to think that a multi billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall... AHAAHAHA!!! :abgg2q.jpg:
You don't seem to understand the simple economics of drug trafficking, as any supply disruptions made by a border wall will be quickly and easily offset by increasing in the other methods of smuggling.

Didn't you people say that mandatory minimums would stop drugs and drug dealing? How'd that work out for ya???

It seems like every few years the conservatives come up with a new failed idea on how to stop drugs, no conservative idea has yet to have one iota of improvement in the brilliant "war on Drugs"

Can the republicans say that any of their ideas on drugs had any bit of success???

Well well it seems you think walking across a border takes the same amount of time that building a tunnel takes. :lol:

Do you normally take a completely unrelated point and throw it into your arguments? It seems the CDZ would require a higher level of discourse. Instead, it protects poor debaters like yourself from meeting true debate standards.
You seem to think that a multi billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall... AHAAHAHA!!! :abgg2q.jpg:
You don't seem to understand the simple economics of drug trafficking, as any supply disruptions made by a border wall will be quickly and easily offset by increasing in the other methods of smuggling.

Didn't you people say that mandatory minimums would stop drugs and drug dealing? How'd that work out for ya???

It seems like every few years the conservatives come up with a new failed idea on how to stop drugs, no conservative idea has yet to have one iota of improvement in the brilliant "war on Drugs"

Can the republicans say that any of their ideas on drugs had any bit of success???

No one believes a fence or wall will stop all of anything.

I mean debate honestly.

You would have to be ridiculously stupid to believe that there aren't quite a damn few illlegal drugs flowing in through areas of our border that are wide open and unprotected.
You would have to be ridiculously naive to think that a billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall. I'm sure the cartels are sooo scared of this border wall.
All that will happen is they will bring in more drugs by the other smuggling methods.

You don't seem to understand that the drugs will come in regardless, they are too easy to hide and too profitable. Again they have submarines bring tons of drugs into the country as we speak, how will a wall stop that?

There are tunnels, they are drilling mile long pipes etc, you are very naive.

Every single republican idea to combat the war on drugs has failed completely, from mandatory minimums to, the military in Columbia, to the war on drugs itself. Ignorant conservatives fool themselves into believing the new "flavor of the month" idea on this drug war when NO republican idea has had any success thus far. Republicans are batting 0.000 in this war on drugs.

You would have to be ridiculously naive to think that a billion dollar industry will be stopped by a simple border wall. I'm sure the cartels are sooo scared of this border wall.
All that will happen is they will bring in more drugs by the other smuggling methods.

You don't seem to understand that the drugs will come in regardless, they are too easy to hide and too profitable. Again they have submarines bring tons of drugs into the country as we speak, how will a wall stop that?

Every single republican idea to combat the war on drugs has failed completely, from mandatory minimums to, the military in Columbia, to the war on drugs itself. Ignorant conservatives fool themselves into believing the new "flavor of the month" idea on this drug war when NO republican idea has had any success thus far. Republicans are batting 0.000 in this war on drugs.

Walls work, there is direct evidence of this on our own southern border, where we have walls, and they work. The argument that walls don't work is specious. Especially coming from liberals who have spent trillions over the years on various programs that did NOT do anything even close to what they were allegedly going to do.

This conversation can continue without me, have a nice night.

Walls work, there is direct evidence of this on our own southern border, where we have walls, and they work. The argument that walls don't work is specious. Especially coming from liberals who have spent trillions over the years on various programs that did NOT do anything even close to what they were allegedly going to do.

This conversation can continue without me, have a nice night.
There has yet to be any credible evidence to suggest walls work, show some.

When Trump went to McAllen, TX the border patrol agent showed him how they had tunnels right there... Walls are really "winning" i guess.
Here's the pic...

In order to curb the flow of drugs into the country we would need to intercept at least 40-50% of the drugs when we only intercept approximately 1-10%. If you somehow think that a wall will change that then there is no debating you as you can't comprehend simple facts like 2+2=4.
tunnel.png

Last edited:

Submarine? Edited-meister It’s not Scarface. It’s reality. Drug shipments are not done in million dollar quantities. When tunnels are located, they are shut down. The drugs are coming directly through the boarders, and killing about 300 people monthly in the United States. You mentioned a better idea than a border wall, but provided no options. Please educate us further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submarine? Edited-meister It’s not Scarface. It’s reality. Drug shipments are not done in million dollar quantities. When tunnels are located, they are shut down. The drugs are coming directly through the boarders, and killing about 300 people monthly in the United States. You mentioned a better idea than a border wall, but provided no options. Please educate us further.

Right now the cartels are using oil pipe drillers to drill 8-10" diameter pipes that can travel for a mile to smuggle drugs, how can you stop that??? You can not.

The can not stop the supply side at all, it is too difficult. We have been fighting the war on drugs since the 1970s and every year more and more drugs come into the country, by increasingly sophisticated means.
You need to stop the demand side. You need treatment for users and prevention for non-users. If 300 people die monthly treatment is the only way to stop that.

Can you show any evidence that any GOP anti-drug idea has produced any form of success in any way? We build a wall and nothing will change.

Right now the cartels are using oil pipe drillers to drill 8-10" diameter pipes that can travel for a mile to smuggle drugs, how can you stop that??? You can not.

The can not stop the supply side at all, it is too difficult. We have been fighting the war on drugs since the 1970s and every year more and more drugs come into the country, by increasingly sophisticated means.
You need to stop the demand side. You need treatment for users and prevention for non-users. If 300 people die monthly treatment is the only way to stop that.

Can you show any evidence that any GOP anti-drug idea has produced any form of success in any way? We build a wall and nothing will change.

I don’t know where you are getting your information. I understand tunnels, and we destroy them when they are found. Now they drill 8-10” pipes and send drugs for a mile? Do they yell through the pipe after it’s drilled. I’m sure something like this has happened, but not like you described. The heroin and fentanyl that is coming over is causing the overdoses. We are not even talking about the meth that is coming also. Treatment is available, but can’t be forced. It’s part of a process, and will never be finished. The wall, fence, gate, etc., is only a part of the deterrent. The drugs are only part of the crime and undocumented people that need to be cut. The money for this is minuscule. It’s the idea of blocking Don from doing anything.

They don't need to bypass the wall because most drugs come through legal points of entry.

I don’t know where you are getting your information. I understand tunnels, and we destroy them when they are found. Now they drill 8-10” pipes and send drugs for a mile? Do they yell through the pipe after it’s drilled. I’m sure something like this has happened, but not like you described. The heroin and fentanyl that is coming over is causing the overdoses. We are not even talking about the meth that is coming also. Treatment is available, but can’t be forced. It’s part of a process, and will never be finished. The wall, fence, gate, etc., is only a part of the deterrent. The drugs are only part of the crime and undocumented people that need to be cut. The money for this is minuscule. It’s the idea of blocking Don from doing anything.

This shows how truly clueless you are about what is really happening, the same way I'm sure you thought that mandatory minimums would stop the drug dealing:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

"discovered a tunnel unlike anything they'd ever seen. Only ten inches wide, it was essentially a pipe. The Mexican cops traced it back to a house about 600 feet from the border, where they found a tractor-like vehicle with a long barrel on its side—a horizontal directional drill, or HDD. "

"HDD is a dream come true," according to Kersten. As the San Diego Tunnel Task Force's Jose Garcia told Kersten, "not a lot of sophistication is required" on the narcos' end, just a baseline knowledge of how to maneuver something like the Ditch Witch JT8020, the firetruck-sized HDD rig that authorities found at a drug smuggling operation in the Calexico region in 2011."

So easy and fast, in fact, that a lone HDD operator can be boring thousand-foot tunnels, and burrowing at basically any angle to boot, in just weeks with little training. Some of the larger and advanced industrial HDD units are capable of clearing holes five feet across, and also automatically self-feed pipe while providing real-time progress monitoring.

There have been at least seven HDD pipelines busted up by authorities since 2008 in Calexico alone. All of them "collided with city infrastructure," Kersten notes, but lesson learned: Soon enough, the Sinaloa and other cartels will very well have perfected the technique.
They keep improving their knowledge and rising in sophistication,” Garcia admitted. “They've got the bucks.”

I say again a wall will do nothing to stop the drugs. If it would work I would be all for it. You will just follow anything that Trump says without question.

So why are you howling so loud about it? Hmm?

Last edited:

Of the 17 largest drug busts in the US history exactly zero were the result of illegal crossing of barrier walls or fences. Two resulted from tunnels both of which could easily pass under the Trump proposed wall. The 15 remaining drug busts resulted from drugs entering or attempted entrance on boats, private and commercial air craft, ship containers and trucks coming through border stations. Not one was the result of people climbing walls or fences carrying drugs.
17 of the Biggest Drug Busts in U.S. History Took Billions of Dollars in Drugs

Forum List

Back