Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

No one cares? Are republicans upset workers got a raise?

I would like to see wally world shut down. They are one of the primary causes of the economic destruction of America IMO.

Yes, paying less for the same thing? Who needs that crap? It's destroying us

You fail to look at the unintended consequences of the never ending search for cheap crap. The manufacturing base of the USA has been destroyed because we can't compete with Chinese slave labor wages. Thus the manufacturers have had to move their operations overseas. Thus Americans lose high paying manufacturing jobs and must take low paying service jobs.

It's a cycle that ends with the country in question being in debt up to its ears, and unable to pay anything other than the interest on its debt.

Sound familiar?

How many Americans are sitting at home not working, on the Public Dole?

Sound familiar?

I fail to look at nothing. You fail to look at the field of economics. Your anti capitalist rantings are irrelevant. Paying less for the same thing is good for our economy. Money saved is spent or invested creating jobs. When you can explain why liberal lawyers are right and the field of economics is wrong get back to me.

Paying less, which drives business overseas, which closes factories, which leaves employees jobless is NOT good for our economy.

You fail to look at the unintended consequences of the never ending search for cheap crap. The manufacturing base of the USA has been destroyed because we can't compete with Chinese slave labor wages. Thus the manufacturers have had to move their operations overseas. Thus Americans lose high paying manufacturing jobs and must take low paying service jobs.

It's a cycle that ends with the country in question being in debt up to its ears, and unable to pay anything other than the interest on its debt.

Sound familiar?

How many Americans are sitting at home not working, on the Public Dole?

Sound familiar?
The problem is that Americans say one thing and do another. They talk up USA made products but buy the Chinese shit for much less. So who's fault is that? The fact is it's expensive to do business here and most people don't want to carry the costs regardless of what they say. We should have even trade agreements but we should be free to choose how we spend out money.

Yes, I know. My family never shops at walmart. Hell we rarely shop at Target or Costco either. We try and buy everything we need from local craftspeople, we buy our produce from as close as possible, the same for our meat, etc. There are some things we simply can't do that for anymore. But walmart is responsible for driving the vast majority of our manufacturing base overseas.

That will eventually drive the USA into the poor house.

The manufacturing base of the USA has been destroyed
No it hasn't.

20140305_ManufacturingCountries.jpg

chart-manufacturing-output-1992-2012-USA-China-Japan-Germany.jpg

Paying less, which drives business overseas, which closes factories, which leaves employees jobless is NOT good for our economy.

That's not cause and effect, it's delusion. Economic efficiency is good for the economy. I'm still looking for your evidence that liberal lawyers are right and the field of economics is wrong.

Fear and hysteria is the worst way to make economic decisions. The more government protects us from progress, the more we suffer, and the more you want government to protect us from progress.

Yes, I know. My family never shops at walmart. Hell we rarely shop at Target or Costco either. We try and buy everything we need from local craftspeople, we buy our produce from as close as possible, the same for our meat, etc. There are some things we simply can't do that for anymore. But walmart is responsible for driving the vast majority of our manufacturing base overseas.

You don't grow your own food and carve your own toys for your children?

The point conservatives were making was that of liberty.

LIBERTY eh? What the fuck are you talking about?

You apparently don't understand the difference between forcing someone to give you a raise and someone deciding to give you a raise. ROFL democrats are so damn stupid.

FORCING SOMEONE eh? Again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Walmart bumped their wages because of some reasons. Either they were hearing about their low wages from customers and the customers weren't happy. They (Walmart executives) are trying to stop efforts to unionize. Or Walmart executives were concerned that the MW law would take MW to 10 bucks an hour. And Walmart executives are tired of hearing about how many of their employees qualify for SNAP and other programs.

So being the relatively smart retailers they are, they got ahead of the problem by raising wages.

Now if their buyers would look for more goods made in America, that would be good too.
The real reason is because with lower unemployment, skilled worker are being sought after by companies. Companies compete for the best workers the only way they can. Incentives. Higher pay is the best incentive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart Says Ugh Fine We Will Give People A Tiny Raise Whatever Wonkette

AHHH I see. 1. they are trying to defeat the drive to unionize
2. They are trying to compete with COSTCO ( which btw pays MUCH higher wages)
3. They won't WIN! :)
How much does it cost you to walk into a Costco and buy something? How much does it cost you to walk into a Wal-Mart and buy something? How much does that Wal-Mart membership cost you?
Sam's Club does same thing Costco does...oh and it cost me 50$ its expired now though.

Walmart Says Ugh Fine We Will Give People A Tiny Raise Whatever Wonkette

AHHH I see. 1. they are trying to defeat the drive to unionize
2. They are trying to compete with COSTCO ( which btw pays MUCH higher wages)
3. They won't WIN! :)
How much does it cost you to walk into a Costco and buy something? How much does it cost you to walk into a Wal-Mart and buy something? How much does that Wal-Mart membership cost you?
Sam's Club does same thing Costco does...oh and it cost me 50$ its expired now though.
Then why don't you compare Costco to Sam's Club, not Wal-Mart? I can walk into Wal-Mart for free.

My family never shops at walmart. Hell we rarely shop at Target or Costco either.
With the money I saved from buying at Walmart I celebrated with a steak dinner and invested the rest.

So the extra money went to the nice server and everyone else at the steak house, as well as whoever raised a cow and trucked pieces of it there for me to eat.

I probably threw the money into an S&P 500 index fund, so I invested mostly in companies like GE, Exxon, Proctor & Gamble, AT&T, etc. and of course the nice anonymous people working at Vanguard got a slice.

Then I'll pay taxes on the dividends from said Index Fund, so will throw some money towards the US Treasury Department and it'll probably pay for one bolt somewhere on an F-35.

God Bless America.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

That's not cause and effect, it's delusion. Economic efficiency is good for the economy. I'm still looking for your evidence that liberal lawyers are right and the field of economics is wrong.

Fear and hysteria is the worst way to make economic decisions. The more government protects us from progress, the more we suffer, and the more you want government to protect us from progress.

That I'll agree with. I don't like progressive lawyers either. However, go try and buy ANY household item made in the USA. Go ahead. Try and find a waffle maker made here in the states. Try and find a blender. Try and find anything at all made here. I see the figures stating that manufacturing is doing great, but i would love to know what they're making. Other than cars of course, and even there many parts are made overseas, shipped here and assembled here.

You don't grow your own food and carve your own toys for your children?

Actually we do grow a bit of our veggies, and my daughter loves the toys I make for her! I also hunt, and we also raise chickens for eggs and rabbits for food as well. We have tried to be as self sufficient as possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
My family never shops at walmart. Hell we rarely shop at Target or Costco either.
With the money I saved from buying at Walmart I celebrated with a steak dinner and invested the rest.

So the extra money went to the nice server and everyone else at the steak house, as well as whoever raised a cow and trucked pieces of it there for me to eat.

I probably threw the money into an S&P 500 index fund, so I invested mostly in companies like GE, Exxon, Proctor & Gamble, AT&T, etc. and of course the nice anonymous people working at Vanguard got a slice.

Then I'll pay taxes on the dividends from said Index Fund, so will throw some money towards the US Treasury Department and it'll probably pay for one bolt somewhere on an F-35.

God Bless America.

Good for you. I help keep people employed HERE in the USA. You support the Chinese. Further, as the industry of China is controlled by the armies of China, you are supporting their military buildup. NORINCO, is the Northern Army of China and you would be amazed at what they produce. Poly Technologies is the Southern Army of China.

Good. Wal Mart goes under. Costco,and other chain stores that pay better wages will expand and fill the void. EVERYONE WINS!

Except for the poor that relied on Wal-Mart for cheap stuff. They lose.
And the people who worked there who wont have jobs anymore. But libs dont give a shit about them. "I've got mine, the rest of you motherfuckers can go shit in a hat."

This is wonderful!!! The USMB nutters have all become champions of the nation's working poor! It's fucking beautifil!!

How long do you think they can keep it up?
We were always champions of the working poor, nudnik. But now it's apparent that Democrat policies hurt the working poor, GOP policies help the working poor.

That I'll agree with. I don't like progressive lawyers either. However, go try and buy ANY household item made in the USA. Go ahead. Try and find a waffle maker made here in the states. Try and find a blender. Try and find anything at all made here. I see the figures stating that manufacturing is doing great, but i would love to know what they're making. Other than cars of course, and even there many parts are made overseas, shipped here and assembled here.
I'm a contractor and most of the products I guy are US made. For example, a Korky toilet fill valve, flapper valves are made in the US, cost a buck more than the popular Mexican made Fluidmasters and are a better design. Most plumbing fixtures are US made, better quality. There are asian clones but not near as good. Hot water tanks, etc. The US just needs to do what it does best and doesn't need government trying to play the fairness game. It won't work.

Good. Wal Mart goes under. Costco,and other chain stores that pay better wages will expand and fill the void. EVERYONE WINS!

Except for the poor that relied on Wal-Mart for cheap stuff. They lose.
And the people who worked there who wont have jobs anymore. But libs dont give a shit about them. "I've got mine, the rest of you motherfuckers can go shit in a hat."

This is wonderful!!! The USMB nutters have all become champions of the nation's working poor! It's fucking beautifil!!

How long do you think they can keep it up?
We were always champions of the working poor, nudnik. But now it's apparent that Democrat policies hurt the working poor, GOP policies help the working poor.

Weeeeeeeee!

Of course. You LOVE poor people. The GOP is the party of the working man!!

Weeeeeeee!

Forum List

Back