Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

Silly nutter. Libs LOVE it when wages go up. Kind of like we love it when Americans succeed. When American workers can buy more shit. When the future becomes a little brighter.

The idea that you and your nutter friends THINK that this is some kind of affirmation of policies which you promote.....you know...the ones that are not being employed right now....is FUCKING funny.

Yeah you love it but you hate the fact that market forces and not the government made it happen

Say what? Market forces? Interesting. The OVER REGULATED market? The one that has been DESTROYED by Obama and his policies?

You fucking clown.
Sez the guy wiht a clown avatar.
You are beyond pitiful.

You are the reason for the clown avatars. Did you know that?
Wow. Honored.

You should be. You have supported almost every member of the GOP clown car at one time or another. You move with the wind.

Nine, nine, nine.....bitch.

Good for you. I help keep people employed HERE in the USA.
Wait, the money I saved shopping at Walmart then invested in US companies and celebrated with a steak dinner aren't people employed HERE in the USA?

You support the Chinese.
Open up your computer you are typing on or the cell phone at your hip and take a look at the writing on the components. Congrats, you support the Chinese.

Further, as the industry of China is controlled by the armies of China, you are supporting their military buildup.
Much of Chinese industry is controlled by the communist party, but it is erroneous to claim the PLA controls the industry of China.

We now import more finished goods than any nation in the world. Therefore....WE ARE NOT MANUFACTURING.
Your logic doesn't make sense here, unless you maintain that having a greater input than output of finished goods means zero goods are manufactured.

Clearly that isn't the case, as US manufacturing production is about as high as it has ever been.

We now import more finished goods than any nation in the world. Therefore....WE ARE NOT MANUFACTURING.
Your logic doesn't make sense here, unless you maintain that having a greater input than output of finished goods means zero goods are manufactured.

Clearly that isn't the case, as US manufacturing production is about as high as it has ever been.

Hmmmmm. I think you need to do some math. Do you know how many manufacturing jobs have been lost in the past 40 years? Production is now strong. Manufacturers are now hiring. But the jobs are simply not as plentiful....and therefore....are being done for wages that haven't increased substantially.

Reaganomics seriously wounded American manufacturing and Clinton gave the nutters NAFTA....which almost killed it. That is the point I am making.

Hmmmmm. I think you need to do some math. Do you know how many manufacturing jobs have been lost in the past 40 years? Production is now strong. Manufacturers are now hiring. But the jobs are simply not as plentiful....and therefore....are being done for wages that haven't increased substantially.
This is true, manufacturing employment is down and I doubt it will ever be anywhere near what it was at it's peak.

However this doesn't support your conclusion that we are not manufacturing. Due to increases in productivity the US manufacturing output is near or at an all-time high, which directly contradicts your claim that we are not manufacturing.

Paying less, which drives business overseas, which closes factories, which leaves employees jobless is NOT good for our economy.

That's not cause and effect, it's delusion. Economic efficiency is good for the economy. I'm still looking for your evidence that liberal lawyers are right and the field of economics is wrong.

Fear and hysteria is the worst way to make economic decisions. The more government protects us from progress, the more we suffer, and the more you want government to protect us from progress.

That I'll agree with. I don't like progressive lawyers either. However, go try and buy ANY household item made in the USA. Go ahead. Try and find a waffle maker made here in the states. Try and find a blender. Try and find anything at all made here. I see the figures stating that manufacturing is doing great, but i would love to know what they're making. Other than cars of course, and even there many parts are made overseas, shipped here and assembled here.

There is a lot made in and outside the USA, I don't see the relevance of what is and what isn't made here. Lawyers are costing us jobs, not businesses acting efficiently

I agree that the trial lawyers are responsible for a great deal of the economic devastation this country is experiencing. But take my challenge. Go find some household item made here in the States. New Balance used to make shoes here so we bought New Balance. They too have been forced to close up shop and move overseas.

The claim that the US is still producing vast quantities of things is simply not believable. It is nearly impossible to find ANYTHING made here anymore. The same is true in France and Germany. The vast majority of products for sale in Europe is likewise made in China.

Well then spill it...how horrible is Australia because people are guaranteed a livable wage?

They don't guarantee a "living" wage. They merely guarantee a high wage. Australia has a very high cost of living, with considerably lower buying power in the average person's paycheck than the United States.

So now they're in a higher tax bracket and taking home less?

Not in Oregon, the greedy scum Oregon liberals slam the poor and middle class with a whopping 9% state income tax rate starting at about $4 an hour.
We don't have an income tax here but the libs have been trying and trying. We do have a really high sales tax though so I am not sure who's better off.

I know I also live in Washington. They tried to pass a 5% income tax on the 'rich' in 2010 and it went down in flames losing by 60%. I give the libs a :funnyface: they can't tax my income and when I can I shop in Oregon which has no sales tax. Sadly I believe what happened to Oregon is happening to Washington its just taking longer for the liberals to take over. It will be a liberal shithole just like California eventually.

AHHH I see. 1. they are trying to defeat the drive to unionize

Yes, the free market can effect change without the government having to interfere.

2. They are trying to compete with COSTCO ( which btw pays MUCH higher wages)

What is stopping Walmart employees from taking their services to the much better paying Costco?

3. They won't WIN! :)

Which "they"? Seems the six people you mentioned before are doing alot of winning.

The free market? No government interference?

Is that how you are going to spin the fact that the labor market is improving and that wages are finally going up? It's because the government.....led by Barack Obama.......has moved aside and let the free market do it's thing?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Your attempts to drag red herrings across the trail will not succeed. Seeing as Obama can not be substantially credited of faulted for anything he's done affecting the job market (except maybe for the fact that he has kept government employment on the low side), and especially considering the fact that nothing he has done can be realistically tied to Walmart's decision in this matter, there is absolutely reason to inject him into the discussion.

So to get back on track, Walmart's decision to increase it's wages is a result of a relatively free labor market, and is not due to government coercion. Job seekers are free to not seek employment there. Current Walmart employees are free to leave employment. They are also somewhat free to join unions (some states obviously make that problematic, which is a disappointing infringement on the free market). Walmart needs labor. Their decision to raise wages is a result of the generally free market for labor. Employees are striking, some are leaving for other jobs, some are seeking to unionize, etc. The success of the company requires Walmart to adapt.

Personally, I think this is great. When employees become more proactive to advocate for their own selves, they give themselves the best opportunity to improve their compensation. This is much better than the government forcing higher wages through minimum wage increases. I just hope that they will continue to maintain the pressure and continue to pursue opportunities to gain themselves better compensation by leveraging market mechanics.

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015
And they did it because of market forces

That's really gotta leave the libs butt sore

Silly nutter. Libs LOVE it when wages go up. Kind of like we love it when Americans succeed. When American workers can buy more shit. When the future becomes a little brighter.

The idea that you and your nutter friends THINK that this is some kind of affirmation of policies which you promote.....you know...the ones that are not being employed right now....is FUCKING funny.

Yeah you love it but you hate the fact that market forces and not the government made it happen

Say what? Market forces? Interesting. The OVER REGULATED market? The one that has been DESTROYED by Obama and his policies?

You fucking clown.

Where have I ever used the term over regulated market?

Where did I ever mention Obama destroying the market?

Idiot.

You fucking clown.
Sez the guy wiht a clown avatar.
You are beyond pitiful.

You are the reason for the clown avatars. Did you know that?

I would think that you would be upset that the fastest growing job sector in the country is unskilled labor but hey as long as people get a piddly raise it's all good right?

This is true, manufacturing employment is down and I doubt it will ever be anywhere near what it was at it's peak.

However this doesn't support your conclusion that we are not manufacturing. Due to increases in productivity the US manufacturing output is near or at an all-time high, which directly contradicts your claim that we are not manufacturing.

You think I meant "zero"? No. Just less than we would be if we had not handed over our manufacturing base to developing nations.

Lmao

Walmart, the frequent focus of advocates for low-wage workers, is giving its lowest-paid workers a raise.

The company said 500,000 full-time and part-time associates, more than a third of its work force at Walmart (WMT) U.S. stores and Sam's Clubs, will receive pay raises in April to at least $9 an hour. That will be $1.75 above the federal minimum wage.

By next February 1, their pay will go to at least $10 an hour
Walmart raises pay well above minimum wage - Feb. 19 2015

You fucking clown.

Where have I ever used the term over regulated market?

Where did I ever mention Obama destroying the market?

Idiot.

I'm not going to check the archives. You are safe.

Actually not it can't. If the free market (which btw is an odd name for something that keeps people enslaved)

Enslaved? Seriously? Nobody is enslaved. Every single Walmart employee is paid for their labor in accordance with what the employee agreed to work for.

Wal Mart wouldn't be raising wages they are doing it to try and shut people up.

That's how a free market works, dumbass!

There are two sides to the employment transaction. There's an employer who wants labor, and there's an employee who wants payment. The two sides agree to terms by which each will trade the two. If one or the other side is displeased with the equity of the arrangement they can attempt to renegotiate the terms, or they can simply seek to end the arrangement. In this particular case, employees are leveraging their own options against Walmart's needs in order to gain a more lucrative agreement. That is the very definition of a free market.

Why should employees have to go to work at Costco

They don't have to go to Costco. Free markets aren't about what you have to do. It's about what you can do.

which BTW has lower turnover rate because they pay better

Yeah, and? Congratulations to Costco. They've figured out how run a successful business by recruiting and retaining quality employees. That's the Costco way. Other businesses do things differently.

to get decent wages

If people want decent wages, all they need to do is start becoming proactive to better their lives. If you want a higher wage, go out and earn it. EARN it. Be worth it, ask for it, and prove that you're worth it. If your boss doesn't agree, then go find someone else who you can convince. If you can't find anyone else, then obviously you need to develop yourself more before you'll deserve it.

like a civilized nation should have

Should? Says who? You're not entitled to whatever money you want. You have to earn your paychecks.

MAYBE most of them don't live near a Costco...I don't.

And?

I just started a new job this week. Great company. Good benefits which are better than most companies, fantastic culture, excellent opportunities for career development and personal growth. I've had my eye on this company for a couple years. Of course, the location was not near where I live. So you know what I did? I moved 200 miles away when I accepted this position!

I wanted to work for this company, and to receive everything the company has to offer, so I was willing to move to make that possible. It's called making a decision. We all have decisions to make. If you're not willing to move to accept a better job, then that's your decision. More importantly, that's your decision.

Wal mart Won't win...they are trying to shut the people up and stop the drive for unionization...I can't wait for it to happen.

Do you work for Walmart as a line employee? You must, that's the only thing that makes any sense. Why else would you be desperate to see them unionize?

You people and this illusion that there is some "agreement" to be paid shit wages...uh no. Yo tu are TOLD what pay is and you take it or you starve and become homeless.

You people and this illusion that there is some "agreement" to be paid shit wages...uh no. Yo tu are TOLD what pay is and you take it or you starve and become homeless.

of course thats very very stupid and liberal. People get paid eveything from minimum to 20 billion a year depending on what they make themselves worth to other people.

Your bullshit about starvation and homelessness aside, that is exactly how agreements work. You TELL someone what your offer is, and they TELL you whether they accept it.

Are you thinking someone goes to apply to work at Walmart without knowing they will make a low wage for a low skill job? Of course not, they go there because they decided they are willing to accept the agreement to do so.

Forum List

Back