Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

Yep, and that's when you pop zits and drive to work in your beater car from your apartment you share with two other people. As people mature they do better financially, unless they are fuckups, and start the house/family/dog/ thing. Like always. Except now for some reason stock boys are suppose to afford all that.

Why shouldn't retail workers make a living wage?

You're the one who has to prove your own claims.

I have many times. Walmart stores, Inc. net is $16.1B. With companies that have multi-tiered profit, divide the number of tiers by the profit of the main corporation and add it for the total.

Yep, and that's when you pop zits and drive to work in your beater car from your apartment you share with two other people. As people mature they do better financially, unless they are fuckups, and start the house/family/dog/ thing. Like always. Except now for some reason stock boys are suppose to afford all that.

It's up to them what they make

Their skill set is only worth so much to the market.

If they want to make more then it's up to them to acquire the skills that will warrant higher wages

No one said they shouldn't. They choose who they work for.

I have many times. Walmart stores, Inc. net is $16.1B. With companies that have multi-tiered profit, divide the number of tiers by the profit of the main corporation and add it for the total.

*facepalm*

Okay, so you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and you can't provide evidence to support what you're saying. Let's move on....

you assume that all tiers make an percentage of the profit the main corp makes

If Walmart had 500 ti

Sorry but to prove your claim with any validity you would have to have an accounting of the profits of every holding separately and then get a total

Why should anyone make any particular wage?

He wants people to be paid 30K a year just for breathing

If Walmart had 500 ti

Sorry but to prove your claim with any validity you would have to have an accounting of the profits of every holding separately and then get a total

Grandma would love to be paid that for being a greeter! ain't going to happen!

If they want to make more then it's up to them to acquire the skills that will warrant higher wages

It isn't 'up to' employees how their wages are set, it's what the employer can get away with paying, which is why the GOP wants to keep the working class subservient in wages.

FYI; Acquiring a skill set doesn't guarantee that you'll have an increased wage.

It isn't 'up to' employees how their wages are set, it's what the employer can get away with paying, which is why the GOP wants to keep the working class subservient in wages.

FYI; Acquiring a skill set doesn't guarantee that you'll have an increased wage.

It's the market that sets the wage.

Stuffing shit in a bag is not a skill that is particularly valuable. If that's all you aspire to it's not your employer's fault

If you want a higher wage than a bag boy then acquire the skills that warrant a higher wage

*facepalm*

Okay, so you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and you can't provide evidence to support what you're saying. Let's move on....

You should *facepalm*!

Show me on Walmart SEC filings expenses/profit for procurement, logistics, and transportation. All are privately owned LLC's, owned by the Walmart seven.

If Walmart had 500 ti

The tiers make a profit BEFORE stores. Procurement sells to logistics for a profit, logistics sells to transportation for a profit, transportation sells to stores for a profit, stores sell to you for a profit.

I want workers to make 48k/yr for working.

Is it your opinion that every WalMart employee who made less than $9 per hour yesterday somehow "made themselves" worth more?.

dear, by chance they are worth more as the economy improves since there is more and more competition for workers. This drives wages up but of course not to the levels they would command with more skills.

Do you understand?

I understand that you are an idiot.
dear, by chance they are worth more as the economy improves since there is more and more competition for workers. This drives wages up but of course not to the levels they would command with more skills.

Do you understand?
Republicans keep saying that there are millions of "decent and hardworking Americans" who have no education. It actually seems as is they are saying Americans with an education are both indecent and lazy.

Yanno ... given the angry, bitter, stupid response of goofy loony lefties like rdean and guno I am considering requesting of Walmart mgmt that they reconsider their very generous decision. Geeez.
Angry and bitter response? WTF are you talking about. Is that more of that scrum you got from those voices only you can hear?

I want workers to make 48k/yr for working.

Why not $100k/yr?? Who would not say life is not better with $100k than 49k??
Also, truth be told, I want to make $1 million a year and I don't think it should matter if no one wants to pay me that much! I'm hoping for liberal Nazi govt that will force people to pay me that much at the point of a gun.

Forum List

Back