Walmart on Welfare: We support their employees so they don't have to.

Nobody is forced to work at Walmart.

They are if there is nowhere else for them to go.
That describes prisoners only. Everyone else can go somewhere. Look at the influx into North Dakota, where WM cashiers earn $17/hr.

More conservative economic fantasy

They act like there is a steady stream of positions open for all workers to advance. We are talking about 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive. If they can't survive on $10 an hour, can you point to the 30 million jobs at $20 an hour waiting to be filled?
Is North Dakota ready to accept 30 million workers streaming across their border?
That's why there's a North Dakota fenced border with guards, right?
You're such a clueless moron. People move for jobs all the time. The fantasy that WalMart is the only employer anywhere is just that. Liberals live in the 19th century.

Show me the 30 million open jobs that pay more than $20 an hour

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to
Show me the jobs that pay 100/hr. There can't be enough 100/hr jobs for the entire workforce. We need to institute a 100/hr min wage and welfare benefits to match. Every man a king!

Damn Rabbi

I am used to your usual dodges, but that one is just plain pathetic

It is YOUR solution. You claim that 30 million workers who need government assistance should just go out and get a better job

I merely asked you to provide the data showing that there are 30 million better paying jobs available. Shouldn't we be sure of that before we implement "The Rabbi Plan"?

This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
What is unreasonable about it? What kid needs more money when they are living at home, eating their parents food, sleeping in their parents bed, and have no significant bills?

That is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. If you have 85 kids, 3 mistresses (all demanding money), two houses, and a BMW 320i and you have just the minimum wage job, then you have issues.

I did

As a 16 year old entering the workforce at minimum wage, I was saving money for college. I was able, making $2.10 an hour, to pay for four years of college working just summers

THAT is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. Get you a start in life. Pay for college, get you a car so you can get to work, maybe get you started in an apartment.

Minimum wage used to do that, it no longer does

Interesting how that worked out, isn't it?

Yes it is

Kids of my generation had access to a minimum wage where they could pay for college, buy a new car, get an apartment.....Get a start on life

Republicans have blocked minimum wage increases so that is no longer possible
No, you missed it. The increases in min wage have destroyed all the jobs kids used to have. Move theater usher. Gas jockey. You name it. No one does those jobs because they became too expensive for the business owner.

This is why I believe the Republicans should push for a $10/hr minimum wage and tell the liberals to shut the fuck up. $7.25 an hour is NOT a reasonable wage, it just isn't. But this "living wage" crap is ridiculous.

Of course if you bump the minimum wage to $10 an hour you better be ready to see all the low skilled barely do enough to get by employees get let go. Companies will not pay that for employees who aren't worth it.
What is unreasonable about it? What kid needs more money when they are living at home, eating their parents food, sleeping in their parents bed, and have no significant bills?

That is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. If you have 85 kids, 3 mistresses (all demanding money), two houses, and a BMW 320i and you have just the minimum wage job, then you have issues.

I did

As a 16 year old entering the workforce at minimum wage, I was saving money for college. I was able, making $2.10 an hour, to pay for four years of college working just summers

THAT is what a starting job with minimum wage is designed to do. Get you a start in life. Pay for college, get you a car so you can get to work, maybe get you started in an apartment.

Yes it is

Kids of my generation had access to a minimum wage where they could pay for college, buy a new car, get an apartment.....Get a start on life

An outright lie. No one could ever PAY for college on minimum wage, ever. They could, however, make payments to a savings account and then use the money that their parents put away to get a head start.

Since government decided to get involved, college tuition has sky rocketed to the point that they have to take out massive loans instead of reasonable ones.

However, that does not alter the fact that a kid, making minimum wage, then and today, can get by just fine on that wage.

And if they are raised correctly, they'll be out of the minimum wage job within a few years or will be in a different job while attending college.

In either case, neither scenario requires the mythical 'living wage'.

I did

In 1974 I made $2.10 an hour. At 40 hours a week, I made $84 a week. Over a summer, I would make slightly over $1000

In 1974, my college tuition was $650 a year

I paid for college making minimum wage. You can't do that today

Thank a Republican

That describes prisoners only. Everyone else can go somewhere. Look at the influx into North Dakota, where WM cashiers earn $17/hr.

They act like there is a steady stream of positions open for all workers to advance. We are talking about 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive. If they can't survive on $10 an hour, can you point to the 30 million jobs at $20 an hour waiting to be filled?
Is North Dakota ready to accept 30 million workers streaming across their border?
You're such a clueless moron. People move for jobs all the time. The fantasy that WalMart is the only employer anywhere is just that. Liberals live in the 19th century.

That is your economic solution. Can't cut it making $10 an hour, get a better paying job. Show me the economic data where 30 million better paying jobs are out there in any state. You want them to move? Show the 30 million jobs they can move to
Show me the jobs that pay 100/hr. There can't be enough 100/hr jobs for the entire workforce. We need to institute a 100/hr min wage and welfare benefits to match. Every man a king!

Damn Rabbi

It is YOUR solution. You claim that 30 million workers who need government assistance should just go out and get a better job

I merely asked you to provide the data showing that there are 30 million better paying jobs available. Shouldn't we be sure of that before we implement "The Rabbi Plan"?
I dont recall ever writing that. Please post it. Oh yeah, you cant because you made it up.

My solution is that we eliminate the min wage and allow employers and employees to negotiate with each other like free people.

Damn Rabbi

I dont recall ever writing that. Please post it. Oh yeah, you cant because you made it up.

My solution is that we eliminate the min wage and allow employers and employees to negotiate with each other like free people.

The minimum wage law doesn't prevent anyone from negotiating like free people, but you already knew that.

Dunce!
If WalMart didnt hire them the taxpayer would be on the hook for their entire subsistence. WalMart subsidizes the state, not the other way around.

Damn you're stupid. Small town once had butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, the small businesses which employed millions of Americans; stores located in small shops, generally rented by the shop keeper from real estate investors. What makes you think these jobs didn't disappear when Wal-Mart moved in, cut prices to eliminate competition and soon, Main St., USA, became a ghost town.

BTW, notice how many products Wal-Mart imports from China? Damn you're stupid, but I repeat myself.

Dunce!
If WalMart didnt hire them the taxpayer would be on the hook for their entire subsistence. WalMart subsidizes the state, not the other way around.

Damn you're stupid. Small town once had butchers, bakers and candlestick makers, the small businesses which employed millions of Americans; stores located in small shops, generally rented by the shop keeper from real estate investors. What makes you think these jobs didn't disappear when Wal-Mart moved in, cut prices to eliminate competition and soon, Main St., USA, became a ghost town.

BTW, notice how many products Wal-Mart imports from China? Damn you're stupid, but I repeat myself.
You call me stupid an fail to respond to what I wrote, subsituting your own fantasy instead. SMH.

Dunce!

Wal Mart puts more jobs into a small town than it costs that small town, and it's not even debatable.

What is debatable is the quality of the jobs lost versus the jobs gained.

Dunce!

Wal Mart puts more jobs into a small town than it costs that small town, and it's not even debatable.

What is debatable is the quality of the jobs lost versus the jobs gained.
And then balance that with the savings WalMart provides. The average family saves 3k a year even if they never set foot in WalMart.

Damn Rabbi

You are too easy. Rabbi

I did

Yes it is

Plenty of Democrats voted against them as well. It's easy to advocate for something popular (even when you know it's a bad idea) when that something will never happen.

If you think Walmart is screwing the country, don't shop there, boycott them. Then when they lose business they can lay off employees and we can pay 100% of their maintenance costs.

Liberals are such idiots, it never ceases to amaze.

We could boycott them...or else we can insist on an increase in the minimum wage

Ok, so we increase the minimum wage. Walmart has to raise its prices in order to stay in business. Their business volume goes down due to higher prices, they have to lay off employees. So who is better off? The exact same scenario would play out at every fast food outlet in the country.

Funny that we never see walmart employees complaining, they all seem glad to have jobs and good benefits.

its only you left wing nuts who spend your entire lives whining about anyone who is more successful than you are that keep bitching and stirring up shit. Screw you and the horse Sharpton rode in on.

I did

Yes it is

horseshit. No one paid for college and a car on minimum wage. Supply and demand should set the price of labor, not some radical teary eyed libtardian.

I actually agree somewhat with the 'Evil Corporation' crowd when it comes to Walmart. They pay their Employees shite and treat em like shite. But on the other hand, the People want their cheap goods. Most just don't take the time to understand how Walmart is able to provide those cheap goods. They do it by way of Slave Labor in China and here at home. Most goods at Walmart are produced in China.

So actually, many who work at Walmart are also receiving Government Entitlements. They can't survive on Walmart wages. The Taxpayer is picking up the slack because many large Corporations are engaged in Slave Labor practices. Walmart just represents the worst of the worst. Why would Corporations like Walmart pay more? They understand the Taxpayer will pick up the tab. But hey, would you pay more for your goods if you knew it would lead to Employees being compensated more fairly? I hate to say it, but most Americans would say 'HELLS NOO!!" It is the high cost of low prices.

I did

Yes it is

An outright lie. No one could ever PAY for college on minimum wage, ever. They could, however, make payments to a savings account and then use the money that their parents put away to get a head start.

Since government decided to get involved, college tuition has sky rocketed to the point that they have to take out massive loans instead of reasonable ones.

However, that does not alter the fact that a kid, making minimum wage, then and today, can get by just fine on that wage.

And if they are raised correctly, they'll be out of the minimum wage job within a few years or will be in a different job while attending college.

In either case, neither scenario requires the mythical 'living wage'.

you must remember, to liberals everyone is a victim. only the supreme federal government can save them

I actually agree somewhat with the 'Evil Corporation' crowd when it comes to Walmart. They pay their Employees shite and treat em like shite. But on the other hand, the People want their cheap goods. Most just don't take the time to understand how Walmart is able to provide those cheap goods. They do it by way of Slave Labor in China and here at home. Most goods at Walmart are produced in China.

So actually, many who work at Walmart are also receiving Government Entitlements. They can't survive on Walmart wages. The Taxpayer is picking up the slack because many large Corporations are engaged in Slave Labor practices. Walmart just represents the worst of the worst. Why would Corporations like Walmart pay more? They understand the Taxpayer will pick up the tab. But hey, would you pay more for your goods if you knew it would lead to Employees being compensated more fairly? I hate to say it, but most Americans would say 'HELLS NOO!!" It is the high cost of low prices.

you guys keep making that claim, but no one has ever backed it up.

I don't go to walmart much, but when I do the employees seem happy and eager to do their jobs. I do know that their benefit package is outstanding.

I did

Yes it is

horseshit. No one paid for college and a car on minimum wage. Supply and demand should set the price of labor, not some radical teary eyed libtardian.
If they can't pay for college on minimum wage who the fuck do you think they are going to make more than minimum wage when almost every freaken job that pays more requires college?

I did

Yes it is

If they can't pay for college on minimum wage who the fuck do you think they are going to make more than minimum wage when almost every freaken job that pays more requires college?

The construction trades don't require college.
Signing up for the military to gain skills doesn't require college.
Plus working hard at alot of these minimum wages jobs gets your ass promoted and to a better wage. There may be a ceiling without a college degree, but thats what night school is for.

Damn Rabbi

You are too easy. Rabbi

OK now I get it. You'[ve got a reading and logic problem. Maybe ADHD. That would explain many of your posts, including this one. Here I responded to that worthless twit from Australia that people ewre stuck for employment. I responded no one is stuck who isnt in jail. People are free to move.
You misinterpret that to mean I advocate everyone moving to ND. Because you're stupid.

I did

Yes it is

There are many good paying jobs that do not require college. Do you know what plumbers and electricians make?

But to be more basic: is the government responsible to give everyone a college education? is the government responsible to make sure everyone has a job? is the government responsible to make sure you wipe your ass after taking a crap?

Forum List

Back