Walmart refuses to fill scrip for miscarriage patient

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Pharmacist should be fired. This wasn't Wal-Mart proper but an individual. If the individual has a problem, find an employer who shares it. Otherwise, fill the Rx.

I agree with the pharmacist who did the right thing. My personal relationship with God comes first and should not be interfered with in the work place

Well, I think all you clowns should go and protest them. You know so can FORCE to do what you want

Pharmacists have always had the ability to refuse to fill a prescription. They may not have that ability for religious reasons, but a pharmacist can always go against the doctor's orders. In fact, they are as responsible as the doctor if the prescription is inappropriate for the problem.

Pharmacist should be fired. This wasn't Wal-Mart proper but an individual. If the individual has a problem, find an employer who shares it. Otherwise, fill the Rx.
No, the pharmacist should not be fired. God comes first.

If we put God first, humanity would go extinct. God doesn't benefit by putting Him first if he has no worshippers left because everybody died or was killed off. Worshippers have always come first. Why every religious commandment may be set aside when the life of the worshipper is put in risk by following it.

I guess God only comes first if he keeps his job?

And weren't you one of the ones throwing a fit about muslim cab drivers not transporting people who had alcohol with them or their seeing-eye dogs? Those are both against their religion.

Congrats Nutmeg, you got a legitimate grip! This law is bullshit. If the business carries the drug, then a pharmacist should have to fill it, regardless of his self-righteous beliefs!

And weren't you one of the ones throwing a fit about muslim cab drivers not transporting people who had alcohol with them or their seeing-eye dogs? Those are both against their religion.

What's Islam's problem with seeing-eye dogs? That's a new one to me. :)

Dogs are considered "unclean". So the muslim cabbies don't want to transport them in their cabs. Or at least a group of them didn't.

Dogs are considered "unclean". So the muslim cabbies don't want to transport them in their cabs. Or at least a group of them didn't.
Actually it is Muslims who are unclean.

If we put God first, humanity would go extinct. God doesn't benefit by putting Him first if he has no worshippers left because everybody died or was killed off. Worshippers have always come first. Why every religious commandment may be set aside when the life of the worshipper is put in risk by following it.

actually no.....just the other day Dennis Prager addressed the murder question...you are not allowed to murder an innocent to save your own life........

So? So are menstruating women, they ask each woman if she's menstruating? :)

Actually it is Muslims who are unclean.

So your idea that "God comes first and businesses should accept that" only applies when it is a God you follow?

Why would God want a dead pre embryo or zygote to decompose and rot inside a women? The Doctor prescribed the medication to evacuate the dead remains. Are Christians now going to demand rights to force women to carry deat zygotes and fetus's inside of them until the practice causes the women to die from the complications?

Why would God want a dead pre embryo or zygote to decompose and rot inside a women? The Doctor prescribed the medication to evacuate the dead remains. Are Christians now going to demand rights to force women to carry deat zygotes and fetus's inside of them until the practice causes the women to die from the complications?

Good question. Why would the pharmacist refuse to fill the prescription?

Conceivably, out of concern "the woman's already miscarried" becomes an excuse used to cause a miscarriage when one hadn't yet occured.

Fair assumption is that she suspected the medication was going to be used for an abortion. So the question will be what position does Walmart take. This could open a big ass can of worms.

Forum List

Back