Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

Yeah! I love buying a shirt from Walmart and when I go to fasten a button, it falls off! :biggrin:

Ever see the returns line at Walmart? It's hellish.

The software sucks.

Returns lines at Walmart are stinky hellish nightmares. Shopping at Walmart blows. Haven't been there in years. Once you stop shopping there, you actually start enjoying shopping again. Nice clean stores, friendly service. It's truly refreshing.
Statements:

1. Return lines at Walmart are hellish.
2. Shopping at Walmart blows.
3. Haven't been there in years.

1a. Return lines at Walmart are no worse than at any other store.
Statement #1 is a lie.
2a. Shopping anywhere blows.
3a. If you haven't been there in years, statements #1 and #2 are lies, or is statement #3 a lie.

You're really quite comical, son. Dismissed!

Really quite refreshing to catch another Liberal in a lie.

The quality of their merchandise sucks, Ernie. If you want the absolute cheapest product, then you shop at Walmart. They put small businesses out of business too. Our country is about the PEOPLE, not about corporations.

Sadly, too many feel they have no choice but to shop at Walmart. It's misery. I feel for em. Once you stop shopping there, you realize you can enjoy your shopping.

There's many stores out there that offer clean, quality, friendly shopping experiences. It's too bad many feel they're stuck with Walmart. They're really missing out.

The software sucks.

Returns lines at Walmart are stinky hellish nightmares. Shopping at Walmart blows. Haven't been there in years. Once you stop shopping there, you actually start enjoying shopping again. Nice clean stores, friendly service. It's truly refreshing.
Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.
3a. If you haven't been there in years, statements #1 and #2 are lies, or is statement #3 a lie.

The quality of their merchandise sucks, Ernie. If you want the absolute cheapest product, then you shop at Walmart. They put small businesses out of business too. Our country is about the PEOPLE, not about corporations.

Sadly, too many feel they have no choice but to shop at Walmart. It's misery. I feel for em. Once you stop shopping there, you realize you can enjoy your shopping.

There's many stores out there that offer clean, quality, friendly shopping experiences. It's too bad many feel they're stuck with Walmart. They're really missing out.

I do buy things from Walmart, but we don't really have a lot of other stores around where you can get those types of things. For clothing and shoes, etc., I can always go to the mall, but they don't sell paper towels, and things like that.

The software sucks.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

If Ernie is a true Conservative, spending a Penny kills him; ergo, Walmart is his place to shop.

Walmart = Cheapskate Douchebag Paradise :laugh:

The software sucks.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

I do buy things from Walmart, but we don't really have a lot of other stores around where you can get those types of things. For clothing and shoes, etc., I can always go to the mall, but they don't sell paper towels, and things like that.

I hear ya. Many are stuck with Walmart. It's sad. They have no choice but to head into the stinky misery. I'm fortunate, i was able to stop shopping there. I haven't looked back since.

Lots of great stores out there. They actually provide clean stores, quality products, and friendly service. Something you'll never see at Walmart.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

I hear ya. Many are stuck with Walmart. It's sad. They have no choice but to head into the stinky misery. I'm fortunate, i was able to stop shopping there. I haven't looked back since.

Lots of great stores out there. They actually provide clean stores, quality products, and friendly service. Something you'll never see at Walmart.

I'm sitting here thinking of where else I could get things like toiletries, cleaning products, etc., and I cannot think of one other place, at least not that I know about. The dollar store? Not better and probably worse in most cases. Lol.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

I'm sitting here thinking of where else I could get things like toiletries, cleaning products, etc., and I cannot think of one other place, at least not that I know about. The dollar store? Not better and probably worse in most cases. Lol.

Hopefully you'll find a good grocery store. I love the one i shop at. Really clean and the service is great. The workers actually approach you and try to help. Not like Walmart, where the workers run away or just ignore you.

I'm not blaming Walmart workers much though, they're just poor under-paid over-worked mules. You treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. It is what it is. Try and find a good grocery store. It'll be worth it.

Hopefully you'll find a good grocery store. I love the one i shop at. Really clean and the service is great. The workers actually approach you and try to help. Not like Walmart, where the workers run away or just ignore you. I'm not blaming them so much though, they're just poor under-paid over-worked mules. Treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. It is what it is. Try and find a good grocery store. It'll be worth it.

There is a good grocery store, Market Basket that I go to sometimes. I don't really know how much different from Walmart they really are. I think paper towels and things like that don't really matter much because those things probably are made in this country. I don't think we get crates of toilet paper from China, do we? :ack-1:

Yeah! I love buying a shirt from Walmart and when I go to fasten a button, it falls off! :biggrin:

The software sucks.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

The country is about people and freedom. It's about freedom to compete in business without 20,000 pages of regulations. It's about free market Capitalism and supply and demand. forcing Walmart to pay their employees more than they're worth is against everything the Founders stood for. I don't pay more for gasoline than I have to, and I doubt you do. Why force Walmart to pay more than market price for labor?

I buy paper products, usually at Walmart. Scott Towels are the same whether you pay a dollar a roll or 5 bucks. The don't jump in my cart any faster if the employees make $20/hour than if they make 10/hour.. I buy meat at a local market. Their prices are 10 to 15% over Walmart, but all meat is not created equal.
I can do that. I can afford $12/pound for a Porter House, but a lot of people here can't. Their meat budget allows for a 4 pound tube of 20% fat ground chuck. They buy that at Walmart.
You pretend to be all about the "people" but fail to realize that without Walmart, the poor would be paying more for their necessities. You're a hypocrite.
If you cared about "people" you'd be bitching about Apple.

I don't pay more for gasoline than I have to

But you pay a portion of the Waltons' taxes and your tax dollars go to fund their employees' SNAP benefits, in addition to buying cheap goods at their stores. Nothing to congratulate yourself for there.

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
Entry level jobs are NOT life building or family building jobs and never were intended to be.

Well they are now.
WHAT?!!!! Are you nuts?
Since when?....Because you say so?

It's reality.
You wouldn't know reality if it bit you in the scrotum.

Hey, that's MY line! :afro:

The problem is that we have done away with our manufacturing industry and there aren't enough jobs for everyone, especially good paying ones.
No we haven't. There are fewer manufacturing jobs because where manpower was once needed has been replaced with technology. And gone are the days when a new HS grad could walk into a factory with no education or training and walk out 35 years later with a pension and a Timex....
IN today's manufacturing, workers are much more skilled. And they are required to have at least some higher education. Whether it be a two or four year degree or a trade school certificate.

Is THAT why FoxxConn has a Prison complex that houses over 500,000 slaves 24/7?
And that's just FoxxConn.
I certainly can't say what a Walmart Point Of Sales clerk is worth, but I'm sure not swallow the "fewer jobs" sound bite when China drags the farmers yelling and screaming into the big city sweat factories on a daily basis.
China no longer drags farmers. The sweat factories are part of a work rehab system for drug addicts.

Wow! The owner of the Chinese Restaurant I go to must be a liar.
She goes to China every year to pay off the local authorities to not drag her family from the farm to the city.

China would go broke if it weren't for fat greedy Americans. They loves their cheap shitty Chinese slave products.

There are many high-quality things coming from China...offhand, the most advanced tire factory in the world is the Double Coin plant in Shanghai.

It's their product mix that is hurting them, specifically in their grocery section. There's not enough name brands and too much of their "Great Value" store brand,which in most cases is crap.
Maybe they can get by with their store brand stuff in other departments but not in the grocery area and Walmart seems clueless about that. The last time I was in a Walmat grocery department, the name brands where either sold out or close to it, while their "Great Value" had dust on the packaging I many cases.
That issue does not exist in the store here.
Perhaps its a problem affecting that store.

More than likely, it is simply a line of bullshit.

The software sucks.

Statements:

Statement #1 is a lie.

Actually, once you stop shopping at Walmart, you truly respect the nice clean friendly shopping environments at other stores. You wonder why you didn't stop shopping at Walmart sooner.

But I guess many people feel they have no other options. And that's very sad. Shopping at Walmart is a truly miserable experience. I wish more people could experience alternatives. They'd never go back.

Been to other stores, got to pay more for the same stuff...went back to Walmart. Will be shopping there in a couple hours.

Some does, some does not. Honestly, I am pretty impressed with some of it. Offhand, while not on the level of my $300 Red Wings, their work boots are pretty good. The quality of their food is fine, which even my Walmart-haying mother had to acknowledge a few months ago.

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.

Customers didn't want to spend a lot of money and Walmart fit the bill.
Also they wanted to get all their stuff in one place....

If the customers didn't buy there Walmart would not have survived.

Pretty soon, all that will be left are dollar general stores and Thrift stores.

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

But things have changed a lot. There are just not very many good jobs out there. That's a fact. Some of these jobs want, say, degrees/5 years experience or more, but yet offer only like $13.00 an hour. It's because they know people are desperate and they CAN offer that kind of crappy wage. And if you lack experience, you can expect to make minimum wage or close to it, and you cannot live on that. These corporations totally take advantage of us whenever it's possible!

I wonder when was the last time any of you were in the job market or looking for a job? It seems like a whole lot of people are completely out of touch with what is going on out in the world.

Forum List

Back