Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

Well, I have an adult son, so not applicable to me. :D

Not so fast. Criminals are known to enjoy frequenting Walmart. It's their favorite hangout.

Seriously, I'm not too worried about that. Lol. Let's not go "over the top" with this stuff now. :D

Lots of violent chit goes down at Walmarts. Seriously, it's true.

I live in a very low crime nice area. We don't usually have such issues.

Sadly, there's no such thing as 'low crime' at Walmarts. It's where most criminals enjoy frequenting.

Okay, well I'm telling you that in my area, we don't see or hear too much about such crimes. The Walmart in my neighborhood is not considered unsafe and is really no less safe than anyplace else. I live in a relatively small city that has a low crime rate overall, so that is not really one of MY main concerns.

Not so fast. Criminals are known to enjoy frequenting Walmart. It's their favorite hangout.

Seriously, I'm not too worried about that. Lol. Let's not go "over the top" with this stuff now. :D

Sadly, there's no such thing as 'low crime' at Walmarts. It's where most criminals enjoy frequenting.

Okay, well I'm telling you that in my area, we don't see or hear too much about such crimes. The Walmart in my neighborhood is not considered unsafe and is really no less safe than anyplace else. I live in a relatively small city that has a low crime rate overall, so that is not really one of MY main concerns.

Cool. But Walmart is well known for being a favorite hangout of criminals. Careful what time you shop there. The freaks do come out at night.

Cool. But Walmart is well known for being a favorite hangout of criminals. Careful what time you shop there. The freaks do come out at night.

I usually don't go out at night by myself, unless I really have to for some reason.

I usually don't go out at night by myself, unless I really have to for some reason.

Criminals like the 24hr thing. They do most of their dirty work late at night. I have a family member who used to be in Management at Walmart. The theft is shocking. And you do have to watch your back headin out to the parking lot. Lots of crazy violent stuff goes down in Walmart parking lots.

Here's a little taste of what goes down in Walmart parking lots all across the country. Enjoy your shopping.

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

But things have changed a lot. There are just not very many good jobs out there. That's a fact. Some of these jobs want, say, degrees/5 years experience or more, but yet offer only like $13.00 an hour. It's because they know people are desperate and they CAN offer that kind of crappy wage. And if you lack experience, you can expect to make minimum wage or close to it, and you cannot live on that. These corporations totally take advantage of us whenever it's possible!
I could live quite well on $10/hour if I were a single 19 year old. I would tailor my spending to my income. I certainly would not have the latest IPhone, the biggest flat screen, a brand new car or 3 kids by 3 different women. I'd be..... responsible for my own circumstances.
Of course, I would want a higher salary, but it would be incumbent on ME to make myself worth more, either with the same company or another one.
Corporations are not taking advantage of you, Chris. You are not a victim of Walmart despite what Liberals feed you.
Corporations exist to make money for their shareholders, not to give away money.
A retail store buys a product for the best price they can and sells it for the best price they can get.
Walmart buys at a low cost because they buy in huge quantities. They hire low skilled workers because they don't need college educated, experienced shopping cart pushers.
In return, people without a 6 figure salary can get a good price on a wide variety of products in one location.
There's no evil there; no attempt to take advantage of anyone. Just sound business practice.

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

But things have changed a lot. There are just not very many good jobs out there. That's a fact. Some of these jobs want, say, degrees/5 years experience or more, but yet offer only like $13.00 an hour. It's because they know people are desperate and they CAN offer that kind of crappy wage. And if you lack experience, you can expect to make minimum wage or close to it, and you cannot live on that. These corporations totally take advantage of us whenever it's possible!
I could live quite well on $10/hour if I were a single 19 year old. I would tailor my spending to my income. I certainly would not have the latest IPhone, the biggest flat screen, a brand new car or 3 kids by 3 different women. I'd be..... responsible for my own circumstances.
Of course, I would want a higher salary, but it would be incumbent on ME to make myself worth more, either with the same company or another one.
Corporations are not taking advantage of you, Chris. You are not a victim of Walmart despite what Liberals feed you.
Corporations exist to make money for their shareholders, not to give away money.
A retail store buys a product for the best price they can and sells it for the best price they can get.
Walmart buys at a low cost because they buy in huge quantities. They hire low skilled workers because they don't need college educated, experienced shopping cart pushers.
In return, people without a 6 figure salary can get a good price on a wide variety of products in one location.
There's no evil there; no attempt to take advantage of anyone. Just sound business practice.

No you cannot live on 10 dollars an hour nowadays. I would not be able to pay my rent and utility bills and eat without assistance if that were the case.

Yes, all hail the Corporation! It's always right. Well guess what? Fuck that! Most Corporate fatcats would sell their own Mothers if they saw a profit in it. They rarely do what's right. In fact, their insatiable greed dictates they do terrible things to others.

You wanna worship em, that's fine. But not all of us are gonna follow you. Many of us still believe our nation is a nation that takes care of its own. We're not gonna leave that up to the greedy fatcats. Because too many of em are not good people.

No you cannot live on 10 dollars an hour nowadays. I would not be able to pay my rent and utility bills and eat without assistance if that were the case.

$10 is laughable nowadays.

If a country like Canada can pay its Citizens an $11-12 Minimum Wage, we should be able to pay our Citizens at least $12-15 an hr. We are the wealthiest most prosperous nation on earth, no?

Well, I have an adult son, so not applicable to me. :D

This from the guy who doesn't shop at Walmart.

If a country like Canada can pay its Citizens an $11-12 Minimum Wage, we should be able to pay our Citizens at least $12-15 an hr. We are the wealthiest most prosperous nation on earth, no?
You are funny dude. You do realize that $12 Canadian is just about $8 US, don't you?

This from the guy who doesn't shop at Walmart.

I used to. And Walmart is a favorite hangout of criminals.

You are funny dude. You do realize that $12 Canadian is just about $8 US, don't you?

$11-12 American. And go figure? Canada's Businesses and Economy haven't suddenly collapsed. In fact, it has a balanced budget, no debt, and low Unemployment. If it can be done there, it can be done here.

Well known by who?
There are thousands of Walmart stores and millions of crimes. It makes sense that there will be more crimes at Walmart than at Costco. They have 5 times the stores.

$11-12 American. And go figure? Canada's Businesses and Economy hasn't suddenly collapsed. In fact, it has a balanced budget, no debt, and low Unemployment. If it can be done there, it can be done here.
Link? Or are you still lying?

Well known by who?
There are thousands of Walmart stores and millions of crimes. It makes sense that there will be more crimes at Walmart than at Costco. They have 5 times the stores.

Criminals love the 24hr thing. Theft is massive at Walmart. And you better watch your back in its parking lots. Be aware of what time you're shopping there. The freaks really do come out at night. And Walmart is one of their favorite hangouts.

$11-12 American. And go figure? Canada's Businesses and Economy hasn't suddenly collapsed. In fact, it has a balanced budget, no debt, and low Unemployment. If it can be done there, it can be done here.
Link? Or are you still lying?

Whatever. Point is, Canada can pay its Citizens a decent wage. It's doing fine. We can do it here too.

Forum List

Back