Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

But things have changed a lot. There are just not very many good jobs out there. That's a fact. Some of these jobs want, say, degrees/5 years experience or more, but yet offer only like $13.00 an hour. It's because they know people are desperate and they CAN offer that kind of crappy wage. And if you lack experience, you can expect to make minimum wage or close to it, and you cannot live on that. These corporations totally take advantage of us whenever it's possible!
I could live quite well on $10/hour if I were a single 19 year old. I would tailor my spending to my income. I certainly would not have the latest IPhone, the biggest flat screen, a brand new car or 3 kids by 3 different women. I'd be..... responsible for my own circumstances.
Of course, I would want a higher salary, but it would be incumbent on ME to make myself worth more, either with the same company or another one.
Corporations are not taking advantage of you, Chris. You are not a victim of Walmart despite what Liberals feed you.
Corporations exist to make money for their shareholders, not to give away money.
A retail store buys a product for the best price they can and sells it for the best price they can get.
Walmart buys at a low cost because they buy in huge quantities. They hire low skilled workers because they don't need college educated, experienced shopping cart pushers.
In return, people without a 6 figure salary can get a good price on a wide variety of products in one location.
There's no evil there; no attempt to take advantage of anyone. Just sound business practice.

No you cannot live on 10 dollars an hour nowadays. I would not be able to pay my rent and utility bills and eat without assistance if that were the case.
You would not be able to pay your current rent and utilities, but you could get a room mate, cut down on electricity use, set the thermostat a couple degrees lower, or get a part time job. It is not your employer's responsibility to manage your resources or to pay you more than you are worth.

And I would pay a bigger portion were it not for the Waltons.. So, are the Waltons good or evil? I submit neither.
I further submit that Walmart is a pawn in the Liberal game of making people into victims.
When I was in the labor market, I didn't bitch to government that I couldn't support my family on my salary. I looked for ways to increase my salary. That included night school to complete my degree and the occasional part time job.
I took responsibility for my own situation. I didn't look to government to give me what I hadn't earned.

But things have changed a lot. There are just not very many good jobs out there. That's a fact. Some of these jobs want, say, degrees/5 years experience or more, but yet offer only like $13.00 an hour. It's because they know people are desperate and they CAN offer that kind of crappy wage. And if you lack experience, you can expect to make minimum wage or close to it, and you cannot live on that. These corporations totally take advantage of us whenever it's possible!
I could live quite well on $10/hour if I were a single 19 year old. I would tailor my spending to my income. I certainly would not have the latest IPhone, the biggest flat screen, a brand new car or 3 kids by 3 different women. I'd be..... responsible for my own circumstances.
Of course, I would want a higher salary, but it would be incumbent on ME to make myself worth more, either with the same company or another one.
Corporations are not taking advantage of you, Chris. You are not a victim of Walmart despite what Liberals feed you.
Corporations exist to make money for their shareholders, not to give away money.
A retail store buys a product for the best price they can and sells it for the best price they can get.
Walmart buys at a low cost because they buy in huge quantities. They hire low skilled workers because they don't need college educated, experienced shopping cart pushers.
In return, people without a 6 figure salary can get a good price on a wide variety of products in one location.
There's no evil there; no attempt to take advantage of anyone. Just sound business practice.

No you cannot live on 10 dollars an hour nowadays. I would not be able to pay my rent and utility bills and eat without assistance if that were the case.
You would not be able to pay your current rent and utilities, but you could get a room mate, cut down on electricity use, set the thermostat a couple degrees lower, or get a part time job. It is not your employer's responsibility to manage your resources or to pay you more than you are worth.

Or, just hurry up and die. Pretty much how y'all approach this. That's why you can't be counted on to help poor struggling Americans out. People like you are Dinosaurs. You're going extinct. You're becoming irrelevant. The People will just have to go around folks like you. Trying to reason with you is a useless endeavor.

My wife was in the job market a couple years ago. (We moved.) Found a good job, took maybe three weeks.

So if your wife could do it, anyone can? Interesting hypothesis. Some drill-down detail into your wife's education and prior experience would be helpful, along with where you moved to (availability of jobs in an urban vs suburban/rural area, for example), but you won't/can't provide it in this snakepit, and I wouldn't blame you.

The fact that she is your family's second income rather than the sole income and that you could afford to move also affect the argument "if my wife could do it, anyone can," suggesting it ain't necessarily so.

Seriously, I'm not too worried about that. Lol. Let's not go "over the top" with this stuff now. :D

Lots of violent chit goes down at Walmarts. Seriously, it's true.

I live in a very low crime nice area. We don't usually have such issues.

Sadly, there's no such thing as 'low crime' at Walmarts. It's where most criminals enjoy frequenting.

Okay, well I'm telling you that in my area, we don't see or hear too much about such crimes. The Walmart in my neighborhood is not considered unsafe and is really no less safe than anyplace else. I live in a relatively small city that has a low crime rate overall, so that is not really one of MY main concerns.

Cool. But Walmart is well known for being a favorite hangout of criminals. Careful what time you shop there. The freaks do come out at night.

When I drove wreckers, I shopped at Walmart at 2am many times...I loved it. No lines, no crowds, empty parking lot...I kind of miss being able to do that.

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.

The only losers when Walmart has to raise their prices are the low income folks who shop their for essentials. And there are a lot of them.

My wife was in the job market a couple years ago. (We moved.) Found a good job, took maybe three weeks.

So if your wife could do it, anyone can?

That's not what I posted.

Interesting hypothesis.

Well...it might have been, had I actually posted it.

Some drill-down detail into your wife's education and prior experience would be helpful, along with where you moved to (availability of jobs in an urban vs suburban/rural area, for example), but you won't/can't provide it in this snakepit, and I wouldn't blame you.

The fact that she is your family's second income rather than the sole income and that you could afford to move also affect the argument "if my wife could do it, anyone can," suggesting it ain't necessarily so.

I never actually made that argument. Focus!

Walmart's loss should be Costco's gain.

I do not like the----uhm ??? uhm ------storebrand...... uhm KIRKLAND!!!!! clothing line-----it is
insipid. ----the 1.50 hot dog is a good deal-----and endless coke. I notice that people buy
large numbers of whole pizzas-------must be for teenaged sleep-overs

I bought Kirkland brand baby wipes and found they weren't flushable after I got them home. Walmart took them back and refunded my money even though I had opened the box and used a few. They told me that if I didn't like any Kirkland brand of anything they would give me my money back and no questions asked.

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Well, you Libs say you hate Wal-Mart...

Walmart Employs 1% Of America. Should It Be Forced To Pay Its Employees More?
Walmart employs an astounding 2.1 million people. In the United States alone, the company employs 1.4 million people. This is a staggering 1% of the U.S.'s 140 million working population.

Walmart, in other words, matters. Its payrolls, and its pay, move the needle.

Considering that Big ears Barry's REAL unemployment rate is already around 10%, that should make people vote their pocketbook when it goes up even more, and they have to support deadbeat Democrats on a smaller paycheck!!

Walmart is suffering from online competition.

I bought a car seat for my granddaughter from Walmart online and it was tracked to the store and lost. I belong to Amazon and ordered some shoes for my grandson and they were tracked to the USPS local post office where they were lost. Walmart did nothing, Amazon next day aired replacement shoes.
My 2 cents worth.

I do not like the----uhm ??? uhm ------storebrand...... uhm KIRKLAND!!!!! clothing line-----it is
insipid. ----the 1.50 hot dog is a good deal-----and endless coke. I notice that people buy

I bought Kirkland brand baby wipes and found they weren't flushable after I got them home. Walmart took them back and refunded my money even though I had opened the box and used a few. They told me that if I didn't like any Kirkland brand of anything they would give me my money back and no questions asked.

thanks toodamnedtall good to know. all my love---from your pal------damn-short
However---- tpodamnedtall check your post-----are you sure WALMART refunds for
Costco stuff? (be not abashed------everyone makes mistakes-----your heart has to pump
HARD to get blood to your brain or did I miss something----does Walmart sell Kirkland stuff?)

Costco stuff? (be not abashed------everyone makes mistakes-----your heart has to pump
HARD to get blood to your brain or did I miss something----does Walmart sell Kirkland stuff?)

"Walmart took them back and refunded my money even though I had opened the box and used a few."

I must have had a brain fart. Costco refunded the money for the Kirkland product. Good catch!

"Walmart took them back and refunded my money even though I had opened the box and used a few."

I must have had a brain fart. Costco refunded the money for the Kirkland product. Good catch!

It's a matter of my ever shopping eyeballs. I have shopped a little in Costco------where hubby goes to
get film------or whatever a camera does lately "developed"--------but never in Walmart-------that store
makes me feel uncomfortable

Are you sure your name isn't Scrooge?

I don't shop at Wal-Mart.

You can't buy Canali suits there.

I could live on $10 per hour-------that's 400 per week-------
1600 per month------ I'll pull it down to 1300 after taxes.
----cheap apartment ------1000 per month with the roomates----
-----if married both working it is 2600 per month------easily livable
for two. I have managed on far far less-------not all that long ago----
but I am an odd character-------I have never had a cell phone in my life

And what if I had children to pay for too? Who is going to watch my children for me all those hours? How am I expected to be a good mom if I can't be with my kids ever because I have to work all the time just to survive? You see? These things cause problems in the REAL world. You are an owner of a bar. When was the last time you held a job where you had to answer to an employer and he or she made all the decisions? No, this is America, and we are not slaves of the corporate world because they are TOO cheap to pay their employees enough to live on. These people are going to be eligible to collect social services. That is the bottom line. Time to get realistic.

I could live on $10 per hour-------that's 400 per week-------
1600 per month------ I'll pull it down to 1300 after taxes.
----cheap apartment ------1000 per month with the roomates----
-----if married both working it is 2600 per month------easily livable
for two. I have managed on far far less-------not all that long ago----
but I am an odd character-------I have never had a cell phone in my life

My rent is 1100 a month. That is the going rate for a 2 bedroom apartment in my area. Even more in a lot of places in Massachusetts.

Greed . . . it's a terrible thing. I think greed is the root of all evil.

Lots of violent chit goes down at Walmarts. Seriously, it's true.

I live in a very low crime nice area. We don't usually have such issues.

Sadly, there's no such thing as 'low crime' at Walmarts. It's where most criminals enjoy frequenting.

Okay, well I'm telling you that in my area, we don't see or hear too much about such crimes. The Walmart in my neighborhood is not considered unsafe and is really no less safe than anyplace else. I live in a relatively small city that has a low crime rate overall, so that is not really one of MY main concerns.

Cool. But Walmart is well known for being a favorite hangout of criminals. Careful what time you shop there. The freaks do come out at night.

When I drove wreckers, I shopped at Walmart at 2am many times...I loved it. No lines, no crowds, empty parking lot...I kind of miss being able to do that.
I own a bar. I still get that perk.

Forum List

Back