Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

^And as the Christians like to say "the wages of sin is death." Walmart's bad business practices could be Costco's advantage.

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

In my area, we will do just fine without Walmart. But up north in small towns, Walmart is all they got. Up north I appreciate Walmart.

Walmart is all they've got because Walmart has driven every other retailer out of the area. If Walmart shuts down, another retailer will fill the void.

I could live without Walmart. Their stuff is el cheapo. If you want something that's only going to last like 2 years, then Walmart is good. :D

No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
No sir. They can wait to start a family until they can afford one. I'm tired of paying for the irresponsibility of others.

Get ready to pay more. Like i said, half the people in your country will be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. And if the Businesses refuse to pay them a living wage, you the Taxpayer will have to pick up the slack.
Why is it business's fault that some people are worth no more than a wage they couldn't support a family on?
Would you pay top dollar for a TV that only got half the channels?
Why should Walmart pay employees based on the emotions of liberals?

They don't pay, you will.
And if they don't earn some of their money at Walmart, I have to pay for ALL of their upkeep. Be thankful that there are companies like Walmart that will employ unskilled workers and provide a part of their maintenance.
I will pay an employee at or slightly above the prevailing rate for that skill set. What it costs you to support your life style is irrelevant.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
No sir. They can wait to start a family until they can afford one. I'm tired of paying for the irresponsibility of others.

Get ready to pay more. Like i said, half the people in your country will be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. And if the Businesses refuse to pay them a living wage, you the Taxpayer will have to pick up the slack.
Why is it business's fault that some people are worth no more than a wage they couldn't support a family on?

And if they don't earn some of their money at Walmart, I have to pay for ALL of their upkeep. Be thankful that there are companies like Walmart that will employ unskilled workers and provide a part of their maintenance.
I will pay an employee at or slightly above the prevailing rate for that skill set. What it costs you to support your life style is irrelevant.
Apparently it's time to post this again:

costco-vs-walmart-2012.jpg

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is one of the more significant beneficiaries of public assistance – Medicaid in particular.

^And as the Christians like to say "the wages of sin is death." Walmart's bad business practices could be Costco's advantage.

Costco does seem to be doing it right. Fact is, a happy prosperous worker makes for a better worker. Walmart workers are miserable. They don't want anything to do with the customers. The last time i went to a Walmart, i only saw misery on the faces of its workers. They looked like tired under-paid over-worked slaves. I actually felt for em.

In my area, we will do just fine without Walmart. But up north in small towns, Walmart is all they got. Up north I appreciate Walmart.

They got by without it in the past. They'll make it. But Walmart will still be around for awhile. It's gonna be a slow painful death.

They got by without it in the past. They'll make it. But Walmart will still be around for awhile. It's gonna be a slow painful death.

Meh, I don't think Walmart has anything to worry about. Plenty of people are shopping at Walmart. I went there the other day and couldn't even find a spot in which to park.

People can't survive on $7-9 an hr. That's the reality. They'll have to look to Government assistance. So if Businesses don't wanna pay, you'll make up the difference. Evil Corps like Walmart are very happy with you doing that.

Meh, I don't think Walmart has anything to worry about. Plenty of people are shopping at Walmart. I went there the other day and couldn't even find a spot in which to park.

True. It's not going away anytime soon. It's gonna be a slow painful death. It'll be Kmart eventually.

True. It's not going away anytime soon. It's gonna be a slow painful death. It'll be Kmart eventually.

We actually have a K-Mart here too. Lol. I think Walmart killed K-Mart, but who do you think is killing Walmart? Who is their competitor? People aren't going to stop shopping Walmart because it is cheaper than most other stores. There's Target, but they aren't as popular in my area.

Looks like Costco is gonna continue growing. Walmart on the other hand, is done growing. If anything, it's over-expanded. There's no more potential for growth. It's peaked out. And that's just about a death sentence for a company.

Looks like Costco is gonna continue growing. Walmart on the other hand, is done growing. If anything, it's over-expanded. There's no more potential for growth. It's peaked out. And that's just about a death sentence for a company.

Hmm. Seems like you really dislike Walmart. :D Seriously, a lot of low-income people shop at Walmart, so I don't think it's going anywhere. People also like the fact that they do all of their shopping at one store instead of traveling around. It's convenient and it's cheap. I agree that they aren't the most "employee friendly" place to work, but if they raised wages, then they would have to raise prices and that probably would hurt them. The reason why they are so popular is because they are so cheap! :)

People can't survive on $7-9 an hr. That's the reality. They'll have to look to Government assistance. So if Businesses don't wanna pay, you'll make up the difference. Evil Corps like Walmart are very happy with you doing that.
It's not WalMart's problem.

They just need to get a second job. ....... :cool:

We actually have a K-Mart here too. Lol. I think Walmart killed K-Mart, but who do you think is killing Walmart? Who is their competitor? People aren't going to stop shopping Walmart because it is cheaper than most other stores. There's Target, but they aren't as popular in my area.

Another company will step in. And who knows, maybe the small businesses Walmart crushed, will come back?

Forum List

Back