Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
No sir. They can wait to start a family until they can afford one. I'm tired of paying for the irresponsibility of others.

Get ready to pay more. Like i said, half the people in your country will be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. And if the Businesses refuse to pay them a living wage, you the Taxpayer will have to pick up the slack.

What's next? A degree in cart pushing?

Smart business practices:

costco-vs-walmart-2012.jpg
What YOUR chart SAYS is if a starting kid goes to Walmart and does GOOD he then can get a better job at Costco.

On the other hand IF both jobs paid the same which you DEMAND then there is NO reward for improvement is there idiot?

Treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And Walmart has clearly mastered that one. Most of its workers are miserable under-paid over-worked poor souls. They're certainly not happy employees. They're often not helpful at all. Costco is likely onto something.
Shitty workers earn shitty wages. Be a shitty worker, work for Walmart but don't bitch at Walmart for your lack of education and work ethic.
If you leave a shitty job, there will be another shitty worker doing it tomorrow for the same shitty salary.

Still doesn't change the fact, you treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And no one treats its workers shittier than Walmart. Yet so many of its customers still wonder why they can't get decent service there.

Costco likely has happier and more productive workers. The service is probably very good. I haven't shopped there yet, but i hear good things.

Come on people, Walmart just got busted for lying on some of its 'Made in America' labeling. If there is such thing as an 'Evil Corporation', Walmart is the Devil.

What YOUR chart SAYS is if a starting kid goes to Walmart and does GOOD he then can get a better job at Costco.

On the other hand IF both jobs paid the same which you DEMAND then there is NO reward for improvement is there idiot?

Treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And Walmart has clearly mastered that one. Most of its workers are miserable under-paid over-worked poor souls. They're certainly not happy employees. They're often not helpful at all. Costco is likely onto something.

funny how the market works......

Incentives really do something for people.

Last time i was in a Walmart, i could feel the misery in the air. Its workers were clearly under-paid over-worked poor souls. They didn't want anything to do with the customers. The service is awful at Walmart. So i think Costco is onto something.

Last time i was in a Walmart, i could feel the misery in the air. Its workers were clearly under-paid over-worked poor souls. They didn't want anything to do with the customers. The service is awful at Walmart. So i think Costco is onto something.

If they don't want to work at Walmart then can find another job.

Costco is owned and run by China. Go ahead and support em.

If they don't want to work at Walmart then can find another job.

Costco is owned and run by China. Go ahead and support em.

Walmart workers are miserable. And that's reflected in the awful service you get there. I haven't shopped at Costco yet, but i'm willing to wager the service is much better. Happy prosperous workers make for better workers.

But hey, you wanna continue being a Walmart shopper, so be it. But don't complain about the shitty service & goods. You're supporting that.

Haven't had shitty service yet and I'd rather support an American Company than a Chinese company.

Have at it and support those Chinese.

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

Only ever shop for groceries at Walmart. Reason's simple enough, at Walmart a big 'party bag' of Reese's Peanutbutter Cup minis is like $9.99. At Walgreens it's almost $12 for the same sized bag.

Haven't had shitty service yet and I'd rather support an American Company than a Chinese company.

Have at it and support those Chinese.

Ha, you're supporting a Chinese Company. And at least Costco doesn't get busted for lying about its 'Made in America' labeling. Like i said, you go ahead and continue funding your shitty service and goods. That's your call. I'll pass though.

Their profits were ONLY 3.34 BILLION DOLLARS.

They're doing ok.

More than Okay.

For a company Paulitician thinks is on the down turn that is. LOL
The controlling shareholders? Oh, they'll do fine. They'll "downsize" a few thousand employees, board up a few hundred stores, and go buy themselves some more private planes. It's the Carly Fiorina school of management.

What will be interesting is that Walmart stores, having pushed out all the Mom & Pop stores in certain markets, became the only game in town. People will still need groceries and hardware and pharmaceuticals. And guns and ammo, of course, probably more important to some people than groceries and hardware and pharmaceuticals.

Another retailer will have to fill that market, eating into Walmart's profit margin further. As others have mentioned, Sears and KMart overstayed their welcome. Walmart will, too.

Only ever shop for groceries at Walmart. Reason's simple enough, at Walmart a big 'party bag' of Reese's Peanutbutter Cup minis is like $9.99. At Walgreens it's almost $12 for the same sized bag.

I hear ya, but i can't shop for groceries in a dirty stinky environment. It's just wrong. I enjoy shopping at nice clean grocery stores. And the service is so much better. I pay a little more, but it's worth it.

Their profits were ONLY 3.34 BILLION DOLLARS.

They're doing ok.

More than Okay.

For a company Paulitician thinks is on the down turn that is. LOL
The controlling shareholders? Oh, they'll do fine. They'll "downsize" a few thousand employees, board up a few hundred stores, and go buy themselves some more private planes. It's the Carly Fiorina school of management.

What will be interesting is that Walmart stores, having pushed out all the Mom & Pop stores in certain markets, became the only game in town. People will still need groceries and hardware and pharmaceuticals. And guns and ammo, of course, probably more important to some people than groceries and hardware and pharmaceuticals.

Another retailer will have to fill that market, eating into Walmart's profit margin further. As others have mentioned, Sears and KMart overstayed their welcome. Walmart will, too.

Yeah, obviously the Waltons and a few select others will always do fine. They could shut the whole thing down tomorrow and parachute out with $Millions. But it's clear the company will be in decline for the foreseeable future. It peaked out. There's nowhere to go but down. It'll be Kmart eventually.

I hear ya, but i can't shop for groceries in a dirty stinky environment. It's just wrong. I enjoy shopping at nice clean grocery stores. And the service is so much better. I pay a little more, but it's worth it.

When I lived back in California in Alamo we had a grocery store with gold-plated (mighta been brass hehe) shopping carts. Very upscale gated community type town. Immaculate store, everything on the shelves neat and not crooked or all akimbo, but I only went in there once and it wasn't to shop so much as gawk. :) I don't care if a place is messy with vomit on the floors, long as the vomit isn't on the things I"m buying if they have the lowest prices, that's where I'm shopping. :)

When I lived back in California in Alamo we had a grocery store with gold-plated (mighta been brass hehe) shopping carts. Very upscale gated community type town. Immaculate store, everything on the shelves neat and not crooked or all akimbo, but I only went in there once and it wasn't to shop so much as gawk. :) I don't care if a place is messy with vomit on the floors, long as the vomit isn't on the things I"m buying if they have the lowest prices, that's where I'm shopping. :)

Ha, that's the Walmart Customer spirit. :laugh:

I enjoy shopping in nice clean grocery stores. And i enjoy the friendly service too. Two things you're definitely not gonna get at Walmart. But hey, that's just me.

Maybe they should pay their employees enough to actually shop there.
WTF does that have to do with anything? Labor is a commodity. You pay what it is worth to you.
When you shop for gasoline, does the salary of the girl who takes your money effect your choice?
NO. You go to the station with the best price and convenience to you, right?
Why is labor different at Walmart? Or is it just a ploy by politicians to get the votes of people who are barely worth minimum wage?

Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
No sir. They can wait to start a family until they can afford one. I'm tired of paying for the irresponsibility of others.

Get ready to pay more. Like i said, half the people in your country will be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. And if the Businesses refuse to pay them a living wage, you the Taxpayer will have to pick up the slack.
Why is it business's fault that some people are worth no more than a wage they couldn't support a family on?
Would you pay top dollar for a TV that only got half the channels?
Why should Walmart pay employees based on the emotions of liberals?

Shitty workers earn shitty wages. Be a shitty worker, work for Walmart but don't bitch at Walmart for your lack of education and work ethic.
If you leave a shitty job, there will be another shitty worker doing it tomorrow for the same shitty salary.

Still doesn't change the fact, you treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And no one treats its workers shittier than Walmart. Yet so many of its customers still wonder why they can't get decent service there.

Costco likely has happier and more productive workers. The service is probably very good. I haven't shopped there yet, but i hear good things.
So, you refuse to shop at Walmart and you haven't shopped at Costco but feel qualified to discuss Walmart's payroll?:ahole-1::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back