Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
Entry level jobs are NOT life building or family building jobs and never were intended to be.

Well they are now.

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

Amazon has kicked their ass. I paid $79 for the Prime account and anything I order arrives in 1-2 days, seven days a week at no shipping cost. Beats driving anywhere and wandering the aisles only to find they don't have what I am looking for. And no standing at the self check out only to have the damn machine beep and request an attendant

Last edited:
I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
Entry level jobs are NOT life building or family building jobs and never were intended to be.

folding shirts and skirts in a department store is not ENTRY LEVEL any more than Saturday nite baby sitting
for the neighbors at 50cents per hour is "entry level" into motherhood--------it is kids' dues to the nation

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

Amazon has kicked their ass. I paid $79 for the Prime account and anything I order arrives in 1-2 days, seven days a week at no shipping cost.

Yeah, it's trying to take on Amazon. But it can't compete. However, it was successful at buying some Politicians and getting Amazon taxed more. Pretty dirty move, but hey it is Walmart. Amazon's having the last laugh though.

As it is.......nope.

No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

I must MOVE-------and run to Walmart------thus far------I have never shopped there.------I did a walk
thru-------(had to use the facilities------so I checked the place out) I did not like the grocery department---
and the clothes and linens looked like----------flea market knockoff stuff---------flea markets are
better------more SURPRISES ----sorry Martha. Your story is BORING

As it is.......nope.

in my sordid past------I did that kind of job for $1.25 per hour-------10 dollars per hour? ya think they would hire
me?

I did too in 1969

yeah----then------It took me thru college ------sorta-----along with a NATIONAL DEFENSE scholarship
and loan-----------(not a military thing) the GOOD ole'days--------

What you could buy for $100.00 in 1969 would cost you $655.56 now
The Cost of Living Calculator | AIER

As it is.......nope.

No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.

As it is.......nope.

in my sordid past------I did that kind of job for $1.25 per hour-------10 dollars per hour? ya think they would hire
me?

I did too in 1969

yeah----then------It took me thru college ------sorta-----along with a NATIONAL DEFENSE scholarship

still not bad------six times 1.25 is 7.25---plus the half-----~ 65 cents ----6.90------times
are better now

As it is.......nope.

me?

I did too in 1969

e02ab9852458553305228423ede3-betty%20white.jpg

me?

I did too in 1969

still not bad------six times 1.25 is 7.25---plus the half-----~ 65 cents ----6.90------times
are better now

America's Minimum Wage is an embarrassment. Most of the world is shocked that such a wealthy nation treats its workers so poorly. It's so bad, even Walmart finally got shamed into paying its workers more.

ten hour day------`$ 70 350 per five day week-------about 1300 per month-----about 15000
per year----------two workder 30,000 per year. not great but it beats the JOBES-----stars of
Steinbeck's GRAPES OF WRATH

As it is.......nope.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
YOU and YOUR kind will transform this nation into a collection of retards if you keep demanding high wages for low skill. What's next? A degree in cart pushing?

As it is.......nope.

YOU and YOUR kind will transform this nation into a collection of retards if you keep demanding high wages for low skill. What's next? A degree in cart pushing?

Half of your nation's citizens will be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. What are you gonna do with those people? If the Businesses won't pay, you will.

me?

I did too in 1969

e02ab9852458553305228423ede3-betty%20white.jpg

Shut up you lying troll.

Walmart's loss should be Costco's gain.

I do not like the----uhm ??? uhm ------storebrand...... uhm KIRKLAND!!!!! clothing line-----it is
insipid. ----the 1.50 hot dog is a good deal-----and endless coke. I notice that people buy
large numbers of whole pizzas-------must be for teenaged sleep-overs

Forum List

Back