Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

What's next? A degree in cart pushing?

Smart business practices:

costco-vs-walmart-2012.jpg
What YOUR chart SAYS is if a starting kid goes to Walmart and does GOOD he then can get a better job at Costco.

On the other hand IF both jobs paid the same which you DEMAND then there is NO reward for improvement is there idiot?

What YOUR chart SAYS is if a starting kid goes to Walmart and does GOOD he then can get a better job at Costco.

On the other hand IF both jobs paid the same which you DEMAND then there is NO reward for improvement is there idiot?

Treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And Walmart has clearly mastered that one. Most of its workers are miserable under-paid over-worked poor souls. They're certainly not happy employees. They're often not helpful at all. Costco is likely onto something.

When my wife and I go shopping we ask cashiers how they're doing and we do our best to lighten their mood and get them through the drudgery of their day. It's rather easy to treat people with respect but I tell you, Wal-Mart is one tough room to play, their folks seem most disheartened. I recall when Sear was on top, then K-Mart became king of the hill for awhile. We'd shop more at Wal-Mart if it wasn't such a downer.

Their profits were ONLY 3.34 BILLION DOLLARS.

They're doing ok.

True. Pretty sure the Walton Family won't be needing food stamps anytime soon.

Not just the fam but the millions who invested millions in Walmart. Since buying the stock in 1995 (@ $11.50/share) it has paid over 3% annually in dividends and shares have appreciated 500%. One need not be a Walton to have benefitted greatly.
Thanks, Walmart!

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

I am not a Walmart shopper. I hate shit made in China and it's to hard to look through giant Walmart stores to locate the stuff made in the USA. I do understand why many shop there. It's cheap and people are hurting for money these days. Of course, they will shop where their money goes farther and you can't blame them.

I doubt if Walmart will fail. I also know they have raises to employees, so that is good.

It's their product mix that is hurting them, specifically in their grocery section. There's not enough name brands and too much of their "Great Value" store brand,which in most cases is crap.
Maybe they can get by with their store brand stuff in other departments but not in the grocery area and Walmart seems clueless about that. The last time I was in a Walmat grocery department, the name brands where either sold out or close to it, while their "Great Value" had dust on the packaging I many cases.

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Well, you Libs say you hate Wal-Mart...

Walmart Employs 1% Of America. Should It Be Forced To Pay Its Employees More?
Walmart employs an astounding 2.1 million people. In the United States alone, the company employs 1.4 million people. This is a staggering 1% of the U.S.'s 140 million working population.

Walmart, in other words, matters. Its payrolls, and its pay, move the needle.

Considering that Big ears Barry's REAL unemployment rate is already around 10%, that should make people vote their pocketbook when it goes up even more, and they have to support deadbeat Democrats on a smaller paycheck!!

Walmart is suffering from online competition.

Walmart employs an astounding 2.1 million people. In the United States alone, the company employs 1.4 million people. This is a staggering 1% of the U.S.'s 140 million working population.

And people like Obiwan pay for the Walton family's tax breaks, as well as the SNAP benefits for their employees.

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
No sir. They can wait to start a family until they can afford one. I'm tired of paying for the irresponsibility of others.

Treat a worker shitty, you get a shitty worker. And Walmart has clearly mastered that one. Most of its workers are miserable under-paid over-worked poor souls. They're certainly not happy employees. They're often not helpful at all. Costco is likely onto something.
Shitty workers earn shitty wages. Be a shitty worker, work for Walmart but don't bitch at Walmart for your lack of education and work ethic.
If you leave a shitty job, there will be another shitty worker doing it tomorrow for the same shitty salary.

funny how the market works......

Incentives really do something for people.

Most Val-de-Mart workers are no less miserable than Target workers...or most any other workers I've met.

I, obviously, don't like Val-de-Mart. But keep it real.

As it is.......nope.

But it's OK for Hilton hotel (Obama's SecCom's Company) to pay their people minimum wage. right?

Their profits were ONLY 3.34 BILLION DOLLARS.

They're doing ok.

True. Pretty sure the Walton Family won't be needing food stamps anytime soon.

Not just the fam but the millions who invested millions in Walmart. Since buying the stock in 1995 (@ $11.50/share) it has paid over 3% annually in dividends and shares have appreciated 500%. One need not be a Walton to have benefitted greatly.
Thanks, Walmart!

Some have done very well, others have been destroyed.

Some are sad, others are rejoicing over Walmart's decline. Where do you stand?

I am not a Walmart shopper. I hate shit made in China and it's to hard to look through giant Walmart stores to locate the stuff made in the USA. I do understand why many shop there. It's cheap and people are hurting for money these days. Of course, they will shop where their money goes farther and you can't blame them.

I doubt if Walmart will fail. I also know they have raises to employees, so that is good.

It just got busted for lying about some of its 'Made in America' labeling. But i hear ya. I'm not a Walmart shopper either. Shopping at Walmart is by far the worst shopping experience possible. As soon as you enter, the assault on your senses begins. It all goes downhill fast. I haven't shopped there in a long time.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

How much? OBVIOUSLY Walmart should be paying $30 an hour living wage in exchange for pushing carts and restocking the Corn Flakes.

Forum List

Back