Walmart subsidizes the U.S. government's welfare program to a tune of. $15,080 per employee a year

An increase in the minimum wage ALSO guarantees we pay more for goods and services, AND I will once again point out that Wal Mart does not pay minimum wage. I live in a poor part of the country and they start at $9.50 an hour. That's like 22% higher than the minimum wage.

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.
guarantee increased wages? You mean pay someone more than their skills are worth because they breath?

Tariffs guarantee we will all pay more for goods. The hope is that this will create jobs and increase wages. That never happens so why not just increase min wage?

There's an easy way for those on minimum wage to make more. Offer skills that are worth more. Your response falls under simply handing them more. What are they going to do to earn it?

Repubs are voting for a guy who wants to try and increase wages with tariffs. I'm explaining why a min wage increase would obviously be better. Tariffs will just make us all poorer.

So paying someone a wage above what their skills are worth is good?

It sure beats a tax on all of us hoping for increased wages that never come.

I told you how someone that offers low level skills can increase his/her wages.

Min wage increase guarantees increased wages.

Tariffs guarantee an increase in prices hoping for an increase in wages. History has shown the increase does not happen.

Why would anyone think tariffs are a better idea?

All a minimum wage increase does it pay someone a higher wage they what they offer in return. I say do away with the minimum wage.
We have stagnant wages. You are an idiot.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not the one saying someone offering skills one step above what a monkey could be trained to do should get paid more for it.

Tariffs guarantee we will all pay more for goods. The hope is that this will create jobs and increase wages. That never happens so why not just increase min wage?

An increase in the minimum wage ALSO guarantees we pay more for goods and services, AND I will once again point out that Wal Mart does not pay minimum wage. I live in a poor part of the country and they start at $9.50 an hour. That's like 22% higher than the minimum wage.

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

So you think tariffs are better than a min wage increase? Explain why.

If you can answer this question correctly, you'll have the answer to yours. When is the only time a tariff affects someone?

When they buy something. We all buy chinese goods, so it will make us all poorer.

Tariffs guarantee an increase in prices hoping for an increase in wages. History has shown the increase does not happen.

All a minimum wage increase does it pay someone a higher wage they what they offer in return. I say do away with the minimum wage.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not the one saying someone offering skills one step above what a monkey could be trained to do should get paid more for it.

You are saying get rid of min wage when wages are stagnant. Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and you wish to make it worse. You are an idiot.

I've said this in a number of posts. At the end of last year, Walmart announced that in 2016, it would be giving all of their employees a raise. It is only recently that Walmart has stopped the practice of paying low wages and supplementing wages with government programs, in large part due to the negative publicity they've received for these practices.

A minimum wage increase would increase the cost of a hamburger $0.10 cents. Isn't it worth it to pay a bit more for your goods and services - and note that the companies that are heavily reliant upon minimum wage labour are some of the most profitable in the US, and pay $4,000 less in federal taxes which are then processed and paid out to minimum wage workers.

Reducing the number of citizens receiving government aid and the number of government workers can be reduced, and all of the minimum wage workers will be out shopping and buying more goods and services, thus helping to increase employment.

When Bill Clinton raised the minimum wage, unemployment FELL.

As I have said several times. I support raising the minimum wage. The issue for me is it should be raised to $10 an hour and tied directly to inflation, and this bullshit of "living wage" is just ridiculous. $10 an hour for a full time employee is $20K a year. A single person can make it on that, they won't be living the high life, but they can survive. If you want to do more than survive, increase your value via your own hard work, not via government fiat. IF you have kids and such, I don't give a shit, it isn't wal mart's responsibility to make sure you can raise your children on a minimum wage job.

There is ZERO give and take on this issue from the left or the right. The right just wants to say "fuck you better yourself" and the left wants to scream "give them a "living" wage, whatever the hell that is, and very few people are like me and saying "wait, we can raise the minimum a LITTLE , but god damned you people have to be reasonable"

And if you don't think adding 1/3 to cost of labor at Wal Mart would dramatically increase prices you are just ignorant about economics.

I've said this in a number of posts. At the end of last year, Walmart announced that in 2016, it would be giving all of their employees a raise. It is only recently that Walmart has stopped the practice of paying low wages and supplementing wages with government programs, in large part due to the negative publicity they've received for these practices.

A minimum wage increase would increase the cost of a hamburger $0.10 cents. Isn't it worth it to pay a bit more for your goods and services - and note that the companies that are heavily reliant upon minimum wage labour are some of the most profitable in the US, and pay $4,000 less in federal taxes which are then processed and paid out to minimum wage workers.

Reducing the number of citizens receiving government aid and the number of government workers can be reduced, and all of the minimum wage workers will be out shopping and buying more goods and services, thus helping to increase employment.

As I have said several times. I support raising the minimum wage. The issue for me is it should be raised to $10 an hour and tied directly to inflation, and this bullshit of "living wage" is just ridiculous. $10 an hour for a full time employee is $20K a year. A single person can make it on that, they won't be living the high life, but they can survive. If you want to do more than survive, increase your value via your own hard work, not via government fiat. IF you have kids and such, I don't give a shit, it isn't wal mart's responsibility to make sure you can raise your children on a minimum wage job.

There is ZERO give and take on this issue from the left or the right. The right just wants to say "fuck you better yourself" and the left wants to scream "give them a "living" wage, whatever the hell that is, and very few people are like me and saying "wait, we can raise the minimum a LITTLE , but god damned you people have to be reasonable"

And if you don't think adding 1/3 to cost of labor at Wal Mart would dramatically increase prices you are just ignorant about economics.

Do you support trump and his tariffs? I don't understand how a party can support that silliness, but be against a min wage increase. Both are against the free market, both the gov is trying to dictate wages. But one guarantees higher wages and the other guarantees higher prices.

Do you support trump and his tariffs? I don't understand how a party can support that silliness, but be against a min wage increase. Both are against the free market, both the gov is trying to dictate wages. But one guarantees higher wages and the other guarantees higher prices.

I support using whatever tools we need to use to guarantee fair and equal trade deals. AND minimumm wage increases guarantee price increases at a certain point as well.

And once again, WAL MART PAYS at least 22% higher than the current minimum wage, so what do they have to do with the argument about raising the minimum wage anyway?

I support using whatever tools we need to use to guarantee fair and equal trade deals. AND minimumm wage increases guarantee price increases at a certain point as well.

And once again, WAL MART PAYS at least 22% higher than the current minimum wage, so what do they have to do with the argument about raising the minimum wage anyway?

Why would you think tariffs will make trade fair and equal? It's a new tax on us. Economists and history say they don't work.

Do you disagree we would all be better if Walmart employees were paid enough to not be on welfare? The economy would flourish. A min wage increase would increase prices far less than tariffs. History shows us this.

Speak for yourself.

You are saying get rid of min wage when wages are stagnant. Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and you wish to make it worse. You are an idiot.

I'm saying get rid of minimum wage because it's not the government's place to dictate how much someone should pay a worker.

If those unequal to what I make want to be more equal, do what I've done to get ahead of them. Try raising the minimum wage and see what happens to the economy. You Liberals have only one answer and that is to GIVE people something they didn't earn.

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

If you can answer this question correctly, you'll have the answer to yours. When is the only time a tariff affects someone?

When they buy something. We all buy chinese goods, so it will make us all poorer.

Exactly, so it's based on a choice not an automatic thing like you made it out to be.

Speak for yourself.

I'm saying get rid of minimum wage because it's not the government's place to dictate how much someone should pay a worker.

If those unequal to what I make want to be more equal, do what I've done to get ahead of them. Try raising the minimum wage and see what happens to the economy. You Liberals have only one answer and that is to GIVE people something they didn't earn.

So you are strongly against trump I assume? His tariffs are the government trying to dictate wages. It is like min wage increase without actually increasing wages, just the increased prices.

Exactly, so it's based on a choice not an automatic thing like you made it out to be.

There are a lot of essentials that would be effected. It would hurt the poor far more than the rich.

Speak for yourself.

You can't just eliminate the minimum wage law, there is too big a surplus of workers in this country and too few jobs, and yes of course unscrupulous people would offer next to nothing and what choice would people have? $3 an hour would be better than $0 an hour if that was your choice.

Trump is blowing smoke....

It is his big plan to make America great again. Tax us more.

You have no clue is to what a tariff is! Why don't you stop posting on an adult forum and learn how things work when you get to high school. They can do great things with the mentally challenged these days.

Clearly you do not. Here is Dr Paul again since you are very slow:
Trump, as president, would have no power to tax the Chinese. But he can tax Americans, and that's what a tariff is. American consumers would be forced to pay higher prices for Chinese goods. The tariff would also raise revenues for the U.S. government. In other words, money out of your pocket and into the largest government pockets on earth. Trump, instead of shrinking the gargantuan U.S. government would, with tariffs, bloat it further.

In keeping with government tradition, Trump is essentially promising us "Always Higher Prices". Perhaps he can trademark that along with "Make America Great Again".

Protectionism is very dangerous. When governments get started in trade wars, they all too often lead to actual hot wars.

My God you are one stupid child.

I'm quoting Ron Paul. You think he doesn't understand tariffs? Wow you are stupid. Please explain tariffs.

Ron Paul is an obstetrician-gynecologist. He has been wrong on so many issues, so many times, and his son is learning to be just like him. Forever failure.

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. They do not tax people as was stated. The red text is wrong. The green text is correct.

Speak for yourself.

So you are strongly against trump I assume? His tariffs are the government trying to dictate wages. It is like min wage increase without actually increasing wages, just the increased prices.

I would assume you're voting for someone other than Trump. Do you agree with everything that person believes or supports?

I've told you how to increase your wages. It worked for me. I make almost 100% more than I made less than 10 years ago.

Speak for yourself.

You can't just eliminate the minimum wage law, there is too big a surplus of workers in this country and too few jobs, and yes of course unscrupulous people would offer next to nothing and what choice would people have? $3 an hour would be better than $0 an hour if that was your choice.

To get rid of it in our economic environment would be a disaster.

Speak for yourself.

Almost as disastrous as doubling it would be, so don't act so smug.

It is his big plan to make America great again. Tax us more.

You have no clue is to what a tariff is! Why don't you stop posting on an adult forum and learn how things work when you get to high school. They can do great things with the mentally challenged these days.

Clearly you do not. Here is Dr Paul again since you are very slow:
Trump, as president, would have no power to tax the Chinese. But he can tax Americans, and that's what a tariff is. American consumers would be forced to pay higher prices for Chinese goods. The tariff would also raise revenues for the U.S. government. In other words, money out of your pocket and into the largest government pockets on earth. Trump, instead of shrinking the gargantuan U.S. government would, with tariffs, bloat it further.

In keeping with government tradition, Trump is essentially promising us "Always Higher Prices". Perhaps he can trademark that along with "Make America Great Again".

Protectionism is very dangerous. When governments get started in trade wars, they all too often lead to actual hot wars.

My God you are one stupid child.

I'm quoting Ron Paul. You think he doesn't understand tariffs? Wow you are stupid. Please explain tariffs.

Ron Paul is an obstetrician-gynecologist. He has been wrong on so many issues, so many times, and his son is learning to be just like him. Forever failure.

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. They do not tax people as was stated. The red text is wrong. The green text is correct.

Given we all buy Chinese goods it is a tax on all of us. And it is worse for the poor than rich.

Speak for yourself.

Almost as disastrous as doubling it would be, so don't act so smug.

It has happened in many cities without disaster.

Speak for yourself.

If the skills someone has are only worth minimum wage, the problem is with the unskilled person not the one paying them. Why should an employer be required to pay the current $7.25/hour if the job a person is doing, simply by the nature of the job, brings in less revenue than the employer is required to pay?

Forum List

Back