Walmart subsidizes the U.S. government's welfare program to a tune of. $15,080 per employee a year

We have stagnant wages. You are an idiot.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not the one saying someone offering skills one step above what a monkey could be trained to do should get paid more for it.

You are saying get rid of min wage when wages are stagnant. Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and you wish to make it worse. You are an idiot.

I'm saying get rid of minimum wage because it's not the government's place to dictate how much someone should pay a worker.

If those unequal to what I make want to be more equal, do what I've done to get ahead of them. Try raising the minimum wage and see what happens to the economy. You Liberals have only one answer and that is to GIVE people something they didn't earn.

So you are strongly against trump I assume? His tariffs are the government trying to dictate wages. It is like min wage increase without actually increasing wages, just the increased prices.

I would assume you're voting for someone other than Trump. Do you agree with everything that person believes or supports?

I've told you how to increase your wages. It worked for me. I make almost 100% more than I made less than 10 years ago.

The disaster his tariffs would cause should be overpowering.

An increase in the minimum wage ALSO guarantees we pay more for goods and services, AND I will once again point out that Wal Mart does not pay minimum wage. I live in a poor part of the country and they start at $9.50 an hour. That's like 22% higher than the minimum wage.

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

So you think tariffs are better than a min wage increase? Explain why.

If you can answer this question correctly, you'll have the answer to yours. When is the only time a tariff affects someone?

When they buy something. We all buy chinese goods, so it will make us all poorer.

Maybe we should all try not to buy Chinese goods?

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

If you can answer this question correctly, you'll have the answer to yours. When is the only time a tariff affects someone?

When they buy something. We all buy chinese goods, so it will make us all poorer.

Exactly, so it's based on a choice not an automatic thing like you made it out to be.

There are a lot of essentials that would be effected. It would hurt the poor far more than the rich.

Like what?

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.

Maybe we should all try not to buy Chinese goods?

We have few who can afford to pay more for goods.

Exactly, so it's based on a choice not an automatic thing like you made it out to be.

There are a lot of essentials that would be effected. It would hurt the poor far more than the rich.

Like what?

Clothing is pretty essential.

You are saying get rid of min wage when wages are stagnant. Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and you wish to make it worse. You are an idiot.

I'm saying get rid of minimum wage because it's not the government's place to dictate how much someone should pay a worker.

If those unequal to what I make want to be more equal, do what I've done to get ahead of them. Try raising the minimum wage and see what happens to the economy. You Liberals have only one answer and that is to GIVE people something they didn't earn.

You can't just eliminate the minimum wage law, there is too big a surplus of workers in this country and too few jobs, and yes of course unscrupulous people would offer next to nothing and what choice would people have? $3 an hour would be better than $0 an hour if that was your choice.

To get rid of it in our economic environment would be a disaster.

Almost as disastrous as doubling it would be, so don't act so smug.

It has happened in many cities without disaster.

Untrue

You can't just eliminate the minimum wage law, there is too big a surplus of workers in this country and too few jobs, and yes of course unscrupulous people would offer next to nothing and what choice would people have? $3 an hour would be better than $0 an hour if that was your choice.

Untrue

Where has a min wage increase ever ended in disaster?

Like what?

What did we do before China started making our things?

Buy American! When American companies can compete, they will start making clothes again.

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. They do not tax people as was stated. The red text is wrong. The green text is correct.

Are you this clueless? When the goods arrive in the country, the cost of the Tariff will be added to the wholesale price, and the retailer will pass that increased cost onto the consumer.

The manufacturer will pay the tax to the US government and then recover it from the wholesaler, who will pass it along to the retailer, who will ultimately pass it along to the consumer.

Since manufacturing clothing, electronics, and low end goods is virtually all done outside of the US now, costs of basic consumer goods will skyrocket with absolutely no benefit to consumers. These jobs are gone. The manufacturing facilities and equipment no longer exists in the US. Support skills such as pattern making, cutting, and other skills have been lost and aren't easy to replace.

My mother used to say you can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. Give these companies one-time tax breaks to bring the jobs home, and tax them heavily if they pull jobs out. Tariffs do it in such a way that consumers' end up worse off than they are now, which is not the goal.

Like what?

Buy American! When American companies can compete, they will start making clothes again.

Poor people can't afford to pay more. And why should they? Where has tariffs ever worked?

Not going to happen. There are no facilities, and the skilled trades involved have been lost. It's not just sewers, it's pattern makers and cutters - the high end jobs in the garment trade, that are being lost.

A tariff is a tax on imported goods. They do not tax people as was stated. The red text is wrong. The green text is correct.

Are you this clueless? When the goods arrive in the country, the cost of the Tariff will be added to the wholesale price, and the retailer will pass that increased cost onto the consumer.

The manufacturer will pay the tax to the US government and then recover it from the wholesaler, who will pass it along to the retailer, who will ultimately pass it along to the consumer.

Since manufacturing clothing, electronics, and low end goods is virtually all done outside of the US now, costs of basic consumer goods will skyrocket with absolutely no benefit to consumers. These jobs are gone. The manufacturing facilities and equipment no longer exists in the US. Support skills such as pattern making, cutting, and other skills have been lost and aren't easy to replace.

My mother used to say you can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. Give these companies one-time tax breaks to bring the jobs home, and tax them heavily if they pull jobs out. Tariffs do it in such a way that consumers' end up worse off than they are now, which is not the goal.

The corporate tax system should be changed entirely. Any company who hires here, pays good wages, and gives good benefits can pay no taxes. Companies who do none of those are taxed heavily.

I gave you the definition. You tried to skew it to fit your agenda. You are the one who is clueless. No one is forced to buy imported goods from China.

I gave you the definition. You tried to skew it to fit your agenda. You are the one who is clueless. No one is forced to buy imported goods from China.
Sure if they don't need clothes or other essentials for life.

When have tariffs ever worked?

Not going to happen. There are no facilities, and the skilled trades involved have been lost. It's not just sewers, it's pattern makers and cutters - the high end jobs in the garment trade, that are being lost.

Wrong. Americans can do whatever they want. You have no faith.

Why is it that one of the top athletic clothing manufacturers in this country makes clothing in a small town in Alabama? Are you saying that what exists at this moment is impossible?

What essentials for life are produced ONLY in China? Come back later when you realize that you are lying.

You have no clue is to what a tariff is! Why don't you stop posting on an adult forum and learn how things work when you get to high school. They can do great things with the mentally challenged these days.

Clearly you do not. Here is Dr Paul again since you are very slow:
Trump, as president, would have no power to tax the Chinese. But he can tax Americans, and that's what a tariff is. American consumers would be forced to pay higher prices for Chinese goods. The tariff would also raise revenues for the U.S. government. In other words, money out of your pocket and into the largest government pockets on earth. Trump, instead of shrinking the gargantuan U.S. government would, with tariffs, bloat it further.

In keeping with government tradition, Trump is essentially promising us "Always Higher Prices". Perhaps he can trademark that along with "Make America Great Again".

Protectionism is very dangerous. When governments get started in trade wars, they all too often lead to actual hot wars.

My God you are one stupid child.

I'm quoting Ron Paul. You think he doesn't understand tariffs? Wow you are stupid. Please explain tariffs.

Ron Paul is an obstetrician-gynecologist. He has been wrong on so many issues, so many times, and his son is learning to be just like him. Forever failure.

Given we all buy Chinese goods it is a tax on all of us. And it is worse for the poor than rich.

You admitted it only affects people when they choose to do something. Buy American.

Untrue

When it forces a business to pay more for someone's skills than those skills are worth.

What essentials for life are produced ONLY in China? Come back later when you realize that you are lying.

If you think the US can produce all its own clothing you are a moron.

Again, when have tariffs ever worked? You avoid the question because they don't and never have.

Untrue

When it forces a business to pay more for someone's skills than those skills are worth.

Those businesses always keep going.

Forum List

Back