Walmart subsidizes the U.S. government's welfare program to a tune of. $15,080 per employee a year

$7;25×40×52=15,080

According to MSNBC the US government then kicks in another $5,800
None

So if walmart didn't exists the us welfare system would be paying 20 grand per person instead of 6 grand per person.

what a backward conclusion.

how about...if walmart paid people a living wage, we wouldn't be subsidizing them at all....dumbass.

and they're not subsidizing the US government, the government is subsidizing four of the top ten richest people in the world.

So you dont favor raising the min wage?
It is a much better idea than trumps tariffs. Trump guarantees increased prices and hopes it somehow leads to increased wages. Why not just increase min wage?

Think about this for a moment. Let's suppose a company's products are subject to a tarrif , and let's assume they decide that it's just cheaper on produce their products IN this country, creating JOBS here, or at least giving companies that are already here incentive to stay.

When has tariffs ever worked? Again it guarantees increased pricing and hopes for jobs and increased wages. Why not just guarantee increased wages?

guarantee increased wages? You mean pay someone more than their skills are worth because they breath?

Tariffs guarantee we will all pay more for goods. The hope is that this will create jobs and increase wages. That never happens so why not just increase min wage?

An increase in the minimum wage ALSO guarantees we pay more for goods and services, AND I will once again point out that Wal Mart does not pay minimum wage. I live in a poor part of the country and they start at $9.50 an hour. That's like 22% higher than the minimum wage.

$7;25×40×52=15,080

None

So if walmart didn't exists the us welfare system would be paying 20 grand per person instead of 6 grand per person.

how about...if walmart paid people a living wage, we wouldn't be subsidizing them at all....dumbass.

and they're not subsidizing the US government, the government is subsidizing four of the top ten richest people in the world.

Talk about a dumbass, can yall not read?

Clearly the OP was satire and was saying that if not for WM all their employees would be collecting $15K a year MORE in welfare instead of working.

I mean that's insanely clear.

It is a much better idea than trumps tariffs. Trump guarantees increased prices and hopes it somehow leads to increased wages. Why not just increase min wage?

Think about this for a moment. Let's suppose a company's products are subject to a tarrif , and let's assume they decide that it's just cheaper on produce their products IN this country, creating JOBS here, or at least giving companies that are already here incentive to stay.

When has tariffs ever worked? Again it guarantees increased pricing and hopes for jobs and increased wages. Why not just guarantee increased wages?

guarantee increased wages? You mean pay someone more than their skills are worth because they breath?

Tariffs guarantee we will all pay more for goods. The hope is that this will create jobs and increase wages. That never happens so why not just increase min wage?

An increase in the minimum wage ALSO guarantees we pay more for goods and services, AND I will once again point out that Wal Mart does not pay minimum wage. I live in a poor part of the country and they start at $9.50 an hour. That's like 22% higher than the minimum wage.

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.

$7;25×40×52=15,080

None

Talk about a dumbass, can yall not read?

Clearly the OP was satire and was saying that if not for WM all their employees would be collecting $15K a year MORE in welfare instead of working.

I mean that's insanely clear.

The OP is clearly really stupid.

So guarantees higher wages vs only guarantees we pay more and you pick guaranteeing we pay more? Show me where tariffs have ever worked. He will make us all poorer.
So you dont favor raising the min wage?

There's an easy way for those on minimum wage to make more. Offer skills that are worth more. Your response falls under simply handing them more. What are they going to do to earn it?

There's an easy way for those on minimum wage to make more. Offer skills that are worth more. Your response falls under simply handing them more. What are they going to do to earn it?

Repubs are voting for a guy who wants to try and increase wages with tariffs. I'm explaining why a min wage increase would obviously be better. Tariffs will just make us all poorer.

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

I've said this in a number of posts. At the end of last year, Walmart announced that in 2016, it would be giving all of their employees a raise. It is only recently that Walmart has stopped the practice of paying low wages and supplementing wages with government programs, in large part due to the negative publicity they've received for these practices.

A minimum wage increase would increase the cost of a hamburger $0.10 cents. Isn't it worth it to pay a bit more for your goods and services - and note that the companies that are heavily reliant upon minimum wage labour are some of the most profitable in the US, and pay $4,000 less in federal taxes which are then processed and paid out to minimum wage workers.

Reducing the number of citizens receiving government aid and the number of government workers can be reduced, and all of the minimum wage workers will be out shopping and buying more goods and services, thus helping to increase employment.

When Bill Clinton raised the minimum wage, unemployment FELL.

Min wage increase guarantees increased wages.

Tariffs guarantee an increase in prices hoping for an increase in wages. History has shown the increase does not happen.

Why would anyone think tariffs are a better idea?

Repubs are voting for a guy who wants to try and increase wages with tariffs. I'm explaining why a min wage increase would obviously be better. Tariffs will just make us all poorer.

So paying someone a wage above what their skills are worth is good?

I have a better idea....how about corporations stop giving golden parachutes to failed CEO's like Carly Fiorina and then turning around and saying they have no money for wages, while paying out dividends on the stock market.

Listen fool. I actually support raising the minimum wage, but WAL MART CURRENTLY PAYS WHAT THE MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE RAISED TO.

Moron if you raise it any higher than that, then prices will raise accordingly, actually putting LESS money in the pockets of the very people you want to help.

some of yall need to go enroll in a junior college economics class. Also English Comp. Also critical thinking for dummies.

So you think tariffs are better than a min wage increase? Explain why.

Tariffs guarantee an increase in prices hoping for an increase in wages. History has shown the increase does not happen.

All a minimum wage increase does it pay someone a higher wage they what they offer in return. I say do away with the minimum wage.

I have a better idea....how about corporations stop giving golden parachutes to failed CEO's like Carly Fiorina and then turning around and saying they have no money for wages, while paying out dividends on the stock market.

I have an even better idea. How about those who aren't doing the paying STFU about how much someone else that is doing the paying chooses to use his/her own money. If you think what you say is such a good idea, put it into practice.

You don't think stock owners should receive dividends? How stupid.

So paying someone a wage above what their skills are worth is good?

It sure beats a tax on all of us hoping for increased wages that never come.

So you think tariffs are better than a min wage increase? Explain why.

If you can answer this question correctly, you'll have the answer to yours. When is the only time a tariff affects someone?

All a minimum wage increase does it pay someone a higher wage they what they offer in return. I say do away with the minimum wage.
We have stagnant wages. You are an idiot.

Forum List

Back