Walmart subsidizes the U.S. government's welfare program to a tune of. $15,080 per employee a year

Are you this clueless? When the goods arrive in the country, the cost of the Tariff will be added to the wholesale price, and the retailer will pass that increased cost onto the consumer.

The manufacturer will pay the tax to the US government and then recover it from the wholesaler, who will pass it along to the retailer, who will ultimately pass it along to the consumer.

Since manufacturing clothing, electronics, and low end goods is virtually all done outside of the US now, costs of basic consumer goods will skyrocket with absolutely no benefit to consumers. These jobs are gone. The manufacturing facilities and equipment no longer exists in the US. Support skills such as pattern making, cutting, and other skills have been lost and aren't easy to replace.

My mother used to say you can get more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. Give these companies one-time tax breaks to bring the jobs home, and tax them heavily if they pull jobs out. Tariffs do it in such a way that consumers' end up worse off than they are now, which is not the goal.

I gave you the definition. You tried to skew it to fit your agenda. You are the one who is clueless. No one is forced to buy imported goods from China.

Brain even admitted the only time a tariff affects someone is if they CHOOSE to buy a product on which a tariff is placed.
And if you tariff all Chinese products we will all be paying those tariffs.

ONLY if you choose to buy those products.
Which we all have to do.

Earlier you said it was a choice. Now you're saying it's a have to. You don't know shit.

Why should a skill worth or that only brings in $5/hour be paid $7.25/hour?

In the case of Walmart employees, their skills earned their company $25 billion in profit, so clearly, their skills were worth more than the $7.25 per hour they were being paid at the time. The CEO received over $20 million just in bonuses and incentives, over and above his salary, in a year when profits when down.

McDonald's is also a very profitable company. If your company is making record profits, but your employees are getting government assistance, you're under paying your workers.

Why should a skill worth or that only brings in $5/hour be paid $7.25/hour?

In the case of Walmart employees, their skills earned their company $25 billion in profit, so clearly, their skills were worth more than the $7.25 per hour they were being paid at the time. The CEO received over $20 million just in bonuses and incentives, over and above his salary, in a year when profits when down.

McDonald's is also a very profitable company. If your company is making record profits, but your employees are getting government assistance, you're under paying your workers.

I have a solution. Stop giving the handouts. You either make it on your own or you don't.

A workers worth is not determined by how much profit a company makes. That's how you determine a company owners worth.

A workers worth is determined by how much a company can get anybody else to do the same job for.

Tariffs have been around a very long time, they never work. Give an example where they have worked.

Give an example of where raising the minimum wage worked. Paying someone with little/no skills a higher amount doesn't change their skill level. It simply pays them more for having nothing to offer. If someone is going to be paid more, shouldn't they offer more in return?

Every increase has been fine.

The corporate tax system should be changed entirely. Any company who hires here, pays good wages, and gives good benefits can pay no taxes. Companies who do none of those are taxed heavily.

So companies should be fined by the government for not doing things their way?

When government uses taxes to control people via a penalty, we are right around the corner from tyranny.

And there are lots of essentials.

Are you saying that essentials can only be bought from foreign countries?
I'm saying nobody in the US can make enough socks to support the whole country. Prove me wrong.

Prove what wrong, your unsupported claim? You made the claim, back it up with proof. I know what you said. Your saying it doesn't make it true. Proving it makes it true.

Can't find anyone with the ability to. I win.

Using yourself as a source? That's the sign of a born loser.

You are claiming they can be made here. Show me who can produce enough socks for the entire country.

Tariffs have been around a very long time, they never work. Give an example where they have worked.

Give an example of where raising the minimum wage worked. Paying someone with little/no skills a higher amount doesn't change their skill level. It simply pays them more for having nothing to offer. If someone is going to be paid more, shouldn't they offer more in return?

You sure say a lot to not answer questions.

The corporate tax system should be changed entirely. Any company who hires here, pays good wages, and gives good benefits can pay no taxes. Companies who do none of those are taxed heavily.

So companies should be fined by the government for not doing things their way?

When government uses taxes to control people via a penalty, we are right around the corner from tyranny.

They are taxed now. This would be an opportunity to not be taxed. If employers don't take care of employees, the government does.

Every increase has worked out just fine. It is a fact.

You can't just eliminate the minimum wage law, there is too big a surplus of workers in this country and too few jobs, and yes of course unscrupulous people would offer next to nothing and what choice would people have? $3 an hour would be better than $0 an hour if that was your choice.

You can't even get people to work for our current minimum wage. How do you suppose people would work for less?

They are taxed now. This would be an opportunity to not be taxed. If employers don't take care of employees, the government does.

That's the fault of the government--not the company. The company didn't pass laws and make policy to give people money because they didn't make enough at work.

Saying your plan is an opportunity for a business not to get taxed is like saying the guy that mugged you gave you an opportunity to not get shot by handing over your money to him.

By the nature of what is being done, it can't be fine. Not one increase in minimum wage has ever been because the person offered higher level skills. It was done because they couldn't offer any.

Then why are more and more companies turning to automation?

I wonder if Brain can prove what additional skills anyone working for minimum wage ever offered in return for the increase. I wonder if he realizes that the rest of us, in order to get a pay increase, actually have to do something for it.

You are saying get rid of min wage when wages are stagnant. Out of control inequality has slowed the economy and you wish to make it worse. You are an idiot.

Wait a minute. How is out of control inequity making the economy slower?

If we took half of the money all the rich have, how does that make your paycheck any better?

Are you saying that essentials can only be bought from foreign countries?
I'm saying nobody in the US can make enough socks to support the whole country. Prove me wrong.

Prove what wrong, your unsupported claim? You made the claim, back it up with proof. I know what you said. Your saying it doesn't make it true. Proving it makes it true.

Can't find anyone with the ability to. I win.

Using yourself as a source? That's the sign of a born loser.

You are claiming they can be made here. Show me who can produce enough socks for the entire country.

No, I said you claimed they can't and the only source your provided is your claim.

Forum List

Back