Want to enact more gun control? Convince me.

Exactly, and so do 30 round magazines

I rest my case

-Geaux

Yes so you can be lazy and not reload while your shooting milk cans. That's more important to you than saving lives. Now that is pathetic. Where have all the real men gone in this country?

Lower magazine capacity does not have any positive effect on crime

Like I said, we can't let the crimes of the few impact the freedoms of lawful gun owners. Your plan makes you feel good, that's about it.

Here is some reading to my point

-Geaux

Another Ban on “High-Capacity” Magazines?

The evidence shows it would not reduce crime rates

http://www.nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/HighCapMag.pdf

Magazines for firearms in common
use on America’s shooting ranges,
kept at home, or lawfully carried
by millions of citizens today vary in
their ammunition-carrying capacity.
Depending on the make and model
of firearm, magazines provided by
manufacturers as standard equipment
for handguns and rifles often
accommodate 15 to 30 rounds of
ammunition.
These magazines offer recreational and
competitive shooters, as well as those
citizens exercising their right to carry
a firearm or keep one at home for selfdefense, the choice of magazine that
should be theirs to make.

It would effect a mass shooter. I am certain everyone here would much prefer someone shooting at them has to reload often. I don't think it would have any real effect on crime rates. But the numbers given in that article make it clear that hi cap magazine aren't needed for defense. It's really just for lazy gun owners who don't want to have to reload. It's pathetic that laziness would keep us from saving lives.

Yes so you can be lazy and not reload while your shooting milk cans. That's more important to you than saving lives. Now that is pathetic. Where have all the real men gone in this country?

Lower magazine capacity does not have any positive effect on crime

Like I said, we can't let the crimes of the few impact the freedoms of lawful gun owners. Your plan makes you feel good, that's about it.

Here is some reading to my point

-Geaux

Another Ban on “High-Capacity” Magazines?

The evidence shows it would not reduce crime rates

http://www.nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/HighCapMag.pdf

Magazines for firearms in common
use on America’s shooting ranges,
kept at home, or lawfully carried
by millions of citizens today vary in
their ammunition-carrying capacity.
Depending on the make and model
of firearm, magazines provided by
manufacturers as standard equipment
for handguns and rifles often
accommodate 15 to 30 rounds of
ammunition.
These magazines offer recreational and
competitive shooters, as well as those
citizens exercising their right to carry
a firearm or keep one at home for selfdefense, the choice of magazine that
should be theirs to make.

It would effect a mass shooter. I am certain everyone here would much prefer someone shooting at them has to reload often. I don't think it would have any real effect on crime rates. But the numbers given in that article make it clear that hi cap magazine aren't needed for defense. It's really just for lazy gun owners who don't want to have to reload. It's pathetic that laziness would keep us from saving lives.

It wont save lives, your plan is a 'feel good' plan. That's it

But hey, good luck with that

-Geaux

This is correct.
All of the mass shootings w/ rifles using hi-cap mags show that people so not try to stop the shooter during a reload, and so "He'll have to reload more" during an impossibly rare event is not a rational basis for banning and confiscating millions of magazines that will never be so used.

This is correct.
All of the mass shootings w/ rifles using hi-cap mags show that people so not try to stop the shooter during a reload, and so "He'll have to reload more" during an impossibly rare event is not a rational basis for banning and confiscating millions of magazines that will never be so used.

You sound like your arguing for magazine limits. Of course people don't wait around to stop a shooter with hi cap magazines, that's the point. If they didn't have hi cap magazines then people would and lives would be saved.

No, not all military would defect. Keep in mind, there will be plenty veterans who will respond to the drum beat.

-Geaux

Unless they are ALL very recent veterans they would just get in the way. And since they wouldn't ALL be very recent veterans then they would hurt the military.

Not a true statement. I would take a warm body on my fire team even if they are only hitting 2 out of 30 rounds on target.

However, if they can't shoot at all then they cook.

-Geaux

To the guy that can't shoot, you say: "Here, take these ammo belts! Javier and Chuck have the machine gun; follow them, when they run low, give 'em the belts, then come back for more!"

Magazines are EASY to make....I'm talking high-school metal shop easy! ANY decent fab shop can make them, plenty of home shops could. (My uncle could, just from stuff in his garage!) They are shaped metal and a spring...very, very simple to make!

Magazines are EASY to make....I'm talking high-school metal shop easy! ANY decent fab shop can make them, plenty of home shops could. (My uncle could, just from stuff in his garage!) They are shaped metal and a spring...very, very simple to make!

I've seen ones that people have made. If someone is shooting at me I MUCH prefer they are using one of those to a real one.

Never mind the millions in circulation, the location of which are unknown to the government.

I have seen one my uncle made for a 1911...other than the finish, it was identical and works perfectly.

I'm sure it does. :cuckoo:

I love the solution from the gun nuts.

"We have too many weapons to do anything about it".

And

"The only responsible thing to do is arm yourself from shortly after you stop being a fetus and never let the piece out of your sight"

Last edited:
I have seen one my uncle made for a 1911...other than the finish, it was identical and works perfectly.

And

"The only responsible thing to do is arm yourself from shortly after you stop being a fetus and never let the piece out of your site"

Yes it is very entertaining. They are all just drones for the gun companies. More guns is the answer no matter what. They fail to realize that with so many guns in the country nobody is safe. Look at Chris Kyle probably the most dangerous person with a gun and well, he got shot and died. Nobody is safe the way it is.

Again: Magazines are NOT brain surgery! Any fab shop can make them easily--they are bent metal & a spring. With modern CAD-CAM, you can literally scan the parts into a computer & the shop's computerized machines do the rest!

Pmags are made of polymer...works great.

3-D printers are already making working magazines...3D-Printing Toys & Weapons - cunicode

AR15magazine-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
any buddy get a chance to see this

--LOL

Anti-Gun Rally Quickly Turns Into A Pro-Gun Rally

“As a gun owner, I’m a responsible person and I think it’s responsible to ask to have all gun owners have a background check,” said Blanche Luczyk [event organizer]. “It’s just common sense. Any responsible person who is willing to take the ownership of a gun should be willing to have that background check.”

Luczyk’s message was quickly drowned out by chants from the pro-gun crowd and she eventually gave up the floor to a pro-gun speaker.

Rally For Gun Background Checks Quickly Becomes Pro-Gun Event | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

Again: Magazines are NOT brain surgery! Any fab shop can make them easily--they are bent metal & a spring. With modern CAD-CAM, you can literally scan the parts into a computer & the shop's computerized machines do the rest!

And if they were illegal some shop would risk huge fines, jail time, and being connected to a mass shooter? I don't think so.

any buddy get a chance to see this

--LOL

Anti-Gun Rally Quickly Turns Into A Pro-Gun Rally

“As a gun owner, I’m a responsible person and I think it’s responsible to ask to have all gun owners have a background check,” said Blanche Luczyk [event organizer]. “It’s just common sense. Any responsible person who is willing to take the ownership of a gun should be willing to have that background check.”

Luczyk’s message was quickly drowned out by chants from the pro-gun crowd and she eventually gave up the floor to a pro-gun speaker.

Rally For Gun Background Checks Quickly Becomes Pro-Gun Event | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

I'm sure there are some future mass shooters smiling at that news.

And

"The only responsible thing to do is arm yourself from shortly after you stop being a fetus and never let the piece out of your site"

Yes it is very entertaining. They are all just drones for the gun companies. More guns is the answer no matter what. They fail to realize that with so many guns in the country nobody is safe. Look at Chris Kyle probably the most dangerous person with a gun and well, he got shot and died. Nobody is safe the way it is.

Acceptable risk

-Geaux

Forum List

Back