Want to enact more gun control? Convince me.

There so many 30 round mags out there they could never get them all. They would be passed down from generation to generation.. The confiscation idea is cost prohibitive

-Geaux

There so many 30 round mags out there they could never get them all. They would be passed down from generation to generation.. The confiscation idea is cost prohibitive

-Geaux

They would become more and more hard to get. Just like a machine gun is now. I don't put a price on saving lives.

Sherriff's demo of how magazine size makes very little difference
2- 15 round magazines 20 seconds
3- 10 round magazines 18 seconds
5 -6 round magazines 21 seconds

Sherriff's demo of how magazine size makes very little difference - YouTube

Yes that seems like a high stress realistic situation. I see he is only shooting straight forward at a target. I also notice that he has a nice barrel in front of him with all the magazines easy to grab. I guess a mass shooter would carry a barrel with him? :cuckoo:

Anybody else notice he only fired 5 shots from the first 6 round clip? :clap2: Fail.

you are a fool you think it would take any longer to wave the firearm around

Yes and you think a mass shooter will bring a barrel and have all the magazines set out nicely in front of him no doubt. :cuckoo:

How many takes do you think they did? Something tells me we saw the best ones only. And that's with the magazines set out nicely in front of them shooting straight ahead. Not worried about someone throwing stuff at them or coming up and tackling them. Cause if a real shooter just looks forward like that somebody would do something. I don't doubt under the perfect situation with several takes you can fire multiple rounds fairly fast. That's just not a realistic situation however.

Last edited:
So now it has gone from anyone can easily make one to you have to be a metalworker? Go figure. Want to repeat yourself a 4th time? Seeing dumb repeated makes me laugh.

Is that why you print out your own posts and plaster them everywhere, then?

Anyone with a home metal shop can make them...my uncle can (and did) make one in his garage. I do not have the required tools in my shop (mostly, I do not have a metal brake or a press) to do so...though a high school metal shop usually will! (Mine did.)

Anyone with a home metal shop can make them..

dont need anything that fancy a few hand tools and presto

Ok then your welcome to prove it. Make one and document each step with the tools used. Lots of pictures. Make sure it is for one of your more expensive guns. Then after documenting making it you can shoot it in a movie proving how great it is. Since it's so easy this shouldn't take you long.

Even easier (which I have seen done, usually for competitions that limit magazine lengths) would be to get two (or more) smaller magazines and simply graft them together.

Even easier (which I have seen done, usually for competitions that limit magazine lengths) would be to get two (or more) smaller magazines and simply graft them together.

Even easier again meaning that you still couldn't do it I suppose? You've lost your credibility on something being easy.

The most prolific spree shooter in America, Cho at Virginia Tech, killed 32 and injured 17 with a .22 pistol (10 round magazine) and a 9mm pistol (15 round magazine).

He fired 174 rounds of ammunition.

That's, AT A MINIMUM, 15 reloads.

Mr. Brain, I'm sure you have the best of intentions, but this idea just isn't going to work.

It's just like anything else...there's always a workaround.

Cho found it.

With two guns, one is always loaded.

There is no reloading window.

So, you just wasted a shitload of money (had your proposal been implemented) for zero return.

Cho reloaded 15 times.

The only way anyone was going to stop him, or slow him down was with another firearm.

Those are the facts.

Last edited:

Even easier again meaning that you still couldn't do it I suppose? You've lost your credibility on something being easy.

I could...but have no reason to, since (yet again) I do not own any firearm that uses a detachable magazine! God and goddess, THINK!!

I could...but have no reason to, since (yet again) I do not own any firearm that uses a detachable magazine! God and goddess, THINK!!

the simplest method is to use the feeding lips from another magazine

Ah, ingenuity which Adolf Obama frowns upon

-Geaux

The most prolific spree shooter in America, Cho at Virginia Tech, killed 32 and injured 17 with a .22 pistol (10 round magazine) and a 9mm pistol (15 round magazine).

Mr. Brain, I'm sure you have the best of intentions, but this idea just isn't going to work.

Cho found it.

So, you just wasted a shitload of money (had your proposal been implemented) for zero return.

Cho reloaded 15 times.

The only way anyone was going to stop him, or slow him down was with another firearm.

Those are the facts.

That is certainly a terrible story. But a hi cap magazine was used. If anything it supports a limit lower than 10 rounds.

Now lets look at the Tucson shooting. The shooter was stopped while he tried to reload:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/u...on-shooting-case-gabrielle-giffords.html?_r=0

If his first magazine had been smaller lives would have been saved.

Ok so you don't have a firearm that uses magazines. So you've never grafted two magazines together? Then how can you say it is easier? You should try to only comment on things you know about.

Ok so you don't have a firearm that uses magazines. So you've never grafted two magazines together? Then how can you say it is easier? You should try to only comment on things you know about.

Guess what Brian?. Your opinion means as much as whether Obama use a 3 or 5 iron

-Geaux

Cho found it.

Cho reloaded 15 times.

Those are the facts.

That is certainly a terrible story. But a hi cap magazine was used. If anything it supports a limit lower than 10 rounds.

Now lets look at the Tucson shooting. The shooter was stopped while he tried to reload:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/u...on-shooting-case-gabrielle-giffords.html?_r=0

However ONE life was too many. The problem isn't the instrument, but it IS defective people regardless if they have a total armory.

INTENT...Sanity...NOT Government CONTROL over the instrument(s).

Guess what Brian?. Your opinion means as much as whether Obama use a 3 or 5 iron

-Geaux

Clearly you take your advice from people like Jarlaxle who don't know what they are talking about. It explains a lot.

Cho found it.

Cho reloaded 15 times.

Those are the facts.

I don't think so, the guy reloaded 15 times at a minimum.

The size of the magazine is inconsequential.

Loughner was stopped, but almost every spree shooting ends in the shooter committing suicide.

If one event makes an argument, Vice Principal Joel Myrick ended the spree of the Pearl High School shooter with a Colt .45, never firing a shot.

How an Assistant Principal With a Gun Stopped a School Shooter | FrontPage Magazine

This bickering is pointless.

The fact remains some gun control laws lack a rational basis and objective evidence to justify their existence.

For example: limiting the magazine capacity of semi-automatic rifles isn’t rational because so few gun crimes are committed by long guns.

This bickering is pointless.

The fact remains some gun control laws lack a rational basis and objective evidence to justify their existence.

For example: limiting the magazine capacity of semi-automatic rifles isn’t rational because so few gun crimes are committed by long guns.

Clearly it needs to be a limit on the magazine of all semi-auto including handguns.

Cho found it.

Cho reloaded 15 times.

Those are the facts.

Loughner was stopped, but almost every spree shooting ends in the shooter committing suicide.

If one event makes an argument, Vice Principal Joel Myrick ended the spree of the Pearl High School shooter with a Colt .45, never firing a shot.

How an Assistant Principal With a Gun Stopped a School Shooter | FrontPage Magazine

That was actually the second example of a shooter being stopped that I have posted. I am certain I could find more. But they make my point that lives could be saved. And I would hope you would want to save lives. The only argument I have heard for hi cap magazines is because target shooters are lazy and don't want to reload. That is a good reason to not save lives? How sad.

That was actually the second example of a shooter being stopped that I have posted. I am certain I could find more. But they make my point that lives could be saved. And I would hope you would want to save lives. The only argument I have heard for hi cap magazines is because target shooters are lazy and don't want to reload. That is a good reason to not save lives? How sad.

Banning alcohol would save lives.

Installing breathalyzers on car ignitions would save lives.

Radio controlled speed limiters would save lives.

Reducing the speed limit to 32.5 miles an hour would save lives.

Cutting to hours alcohol can be sold would save lives.

A lot of things would save lives.

It's a terrible argument...but like I said, I think your heart is in the right place.

It's not a good argument that "these people don't need this" so we should get rid of it to "save lives".

Spree shootings are tragic...but, there are millions and millions of highcap magazines...and one spree shooting every three years...and they are going down...fewer and fewer...

Forum List

Back