Want universal background checks? A question....

Not with the facts as you present them. Of course I dealt with the issue above when I wrote about those who think they are smarter than everyone else. I'll post a scenario which you won't consider, but others will:

TD brings the gun home and hides it from his SO, who is afraid of guns and doesn't want one in their home. Two weeks later she finds the gun hidden in TD's closet and has a fit.

One thing leads to another and the argument is loud enough to alarm the neighbor who calls the police. When the police arrive and see the gun on the bed where it had been placed, they immediately cuff both TD and his SO and secure the weapon.

The officer asked the SO what happened and she reported how she found the gun and when she showed it to him he grabbed her arm, causing a red mark and a scratch.

The officers then arrested TD for domestic Violence. The gun was checked into evidence and the tech routinely ran the serial number; it came back as stolen. TD was then charged with Possession of Stolen Property as well as DV, and when interviewed by the investigators told them he had recently purchased the gun from M14.

Yep, and here's the description: "Bought it from a guy on Craigslist...name's Thomas, went by TJ. Never got his last name. He's stocky white guy with glasses; we met in a BJ's parking lot in Portland. Dude had dark hair, wore a red Patriots hat, gray T-shirt, glasses, jeans, and boots. Had a faint Southern drawl. Drove a black minivan...don't recall the plate. Didn't look local, though." Good luck making anything of THAT.

LOL, you've never been on either side of an interview, which moved with precision to an interrogation, have you?

One more time for the slow kid: he doesn't know my name. He doesn't know where I live. He doesn't know what I drive. How, EXACTLY are you going to figure out that I sold a gun to him?!

And I don't talk to police. Period, end of discussion.

Of course new gun laws won’t stop all violence, says Michael Tomasky. But they’re still a good idea.

The Gun Lobby's Dumbest Argument - The Daily Beast

Universal background checks would only be a minor inconvenience to gun nutters. Speed limits don't stop all speeders, but they sure help to make our roads safer than they would be without them - especially when backed up by enforcement (radar/cameras/cops/courts/DMV).
It wont stop any gun violence. That's the point.
It will make it worse.
WHat is so fucking hard to understand about "criminals dont obey the law"?

Of course new gun laws won’t stop all violence, says Michael Tomasky. But they’re still a good idea.

Universal background checks would only be a minor inconvenience to gun nutters. Speed limits don't stop all speeders, but they sure help to make our roads safer than they would be without them - especially when backed up by enforcement (radar/cameras/cops/courts/DMV).
It will make it worse.

Look, sparky, you are full of shit. Speed limits don't stop all speeders - but they sure help make roads safer. Can you deny that?

It will make it worse.

Look, sparky, you are full of shit. Speed limits don't stop all speeders - but they sure help make roads safer. Can you deny that?
Of course not.
But it is a flawed analogy for all kinds of reasons.
You understand that, right?

It will make it worse.

You don't have a right to speed you retarded indian.

It's an intrusion on my privacy for no purpose.

And just because the right is not absolute does not mean that any infringement is also OK. It has to serve some purpose. And registration serves no purpose.

and registration laws cannot be enforced on criminals. why do liberals want to pass laws that DON'T EVEN APPLY TO CRIMINALS?

registration is the wet dream orgasm of every gun banning asshole in America

If you support imposing universal background checks on all gun sales, whether through a dealer or not, I have a question for you.

Say I meet up with Turtledude; he and I buy a gun off each other, get a beer, and go home.

How does the government prove that background checks were not run before we sold the guns?

private guns sales should be illegal for exactly that reason.

If you sell a gun without a background check, you go to the big house.

Problem solved.

making criminals out of people is the goal of the anti gun scum

not stopping real crime

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

No, I don't understand that! I'm an avid hunter and gun enthusiast - and you're full of shit. It has already been more than sufficiently proven that background checks help keep us safer.

Johns Hopkins Gun-Control Study - Background Checks Really Work - New Republic

FBI Gun Checks NICS

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

Universal Background Checks Coalition to Stop Gun Violence

Register the serial number of the gun and provide a title, just like an automobile.

We're told by gun lovers that cars are just as dangerous, just as lethal as cars. If we accept this premise, then guns should be registered and titled.

that's stupid for two reasons

the use of cars properly, costs the government money. registration is designed to obtain money to pay for roads

secondly, no one is suggesting that cars be banned or that registration is a needed tool for confiscation

and another thing

the constitution. The federal government doesn't have any power to demand registration since forcing people to register guns they bought years ago is not a sufficient nexus with interstate commerce-not even under the idiotic dishonest Democrap interpretation

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

No, I don't understand that! I'm an avid hunter and gun enthusiast - and you're full of shit. It has already been more than sufficiently proven that background checks help keep us safer.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

you are a moron if you believe that. you quoted a bunch of anti gun propaganda

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

Since when is the FBI and NICS a "bunch of anti-gun propaganda"?

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

they merely claim x amount of people were turned down

you cited them but all they say is how many people were turned down. that means NOTHING

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

The very first link doesnt prove what you think it does. The article itself notes the study is flawed for a variety of reasons, and uses limited data.
You seem to be the one ful of shit here. And the only thng youv'e ever hunted is in the men's room.

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

The link doesnt even show the checks prevent or reduce crime.
Try reading before posting rather than just cutting from a Google search. You'll start to look smarter.

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

they merely claim x amount of people were turned down

you cited them but all they say is how many people were turned down. that means NOTHING
From my own experience, about 80% of denials are subsequently overturned. The original denial stemming from bad data. Because honestly, a person who is prohibited generally knows he's prohibited so wont bother to go through the background check.

Well, it sure sounds like these anti-background checks so-called experts are saying nothing will help - so why bother. Why is it they think they know so much more than those who say background checks help keep us safer?

It will make it worse.

Of course not.

FBI Gun Checks NICS

The link doesnt even show the checks prevent or reduce crime.
Try reading before posting rather than just cutting from a Google search. You'll start to look smarter.

You try reading. The 4th link states the following:

To date, the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) has prevented more than two million convicted felons and other prohibited purchasers from buying guns. The law also has a deterrent effect—prohibited purchasers are less likely to try to buy guns when they know comprehensive background check requirements are in place.

Well, it sure sounds like these anti-background checks so-called experts are saying nothing will help - so why bother. Why is it they think they know so much more than those who say background checks help keep us safer?

none of the experts backed you up. most of those denied properly were people who had age old felonies such as dope convictions, bar fights or draft evasions denying someone who was once a criminal but has no intent to be one now means nothing . and denying a stupid thug and not jailing him for perjury so he can go out and get a black market firearm doesn't do anything either

that is why pro clinton organizations tried to find positive proof that the brady bill decreased crime and they could not

Forum List

Back