War on Men continues - Thousands of men in Michigan alone forced to pay for kids they didn't father

Women love to falsely accuse a man of fathering their kids figuring he has more money than the real father. Happens every day and feminists encourage it.

Refreshing News State tells Detroit man Pay for child that isn t yours or go to jail

jan 24 2015
Carnell Alexander is a wanted man. The reason? He refuses to pay child support for a child that is proven to not be his. As a result, a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Alexander says he learned about the paternity case against him during a traffic stop in Detroit in the early 90s. The officer told him he is a deadbeat dad, there was a warrant out for his arrest.
“I knew I didn’t have a child, so I was kind of blown back,” said Alexander during an interview in October.
He would later learn this happened because his ex needed help caring for her kids.
“I put him down as father to get assistance,” she told 7 Action News.
She didn’t realize that would start a paternity case. The state would want to get reimbursement for welfare benefits from the child’s dad.

By the time Carnell learned about the paternity case, judges told him it was too late. Legally he owes the state more than $30 thousand for assistance paid to care for a child.

Carnell refuses to pay. As a result, the warrant was issued for his arrest. He plans to turn himself in on Friday.
“I will go to jail if I have to because I am tired of the mishandling of the case,” said Carnell.
“It’s not right,” said Murray Davis of the National Family Justice Association.

Davis says there are thousands of men in Carnell Alexander’s shoes because Michigan doesn’t have paternity fraud laws that protect men.

When there is evidence a woman mistakenly or purposefully declares the wrong man as husband, it doesn’t necessarily impact paternity obligations.
Davis did a study a few years back that looked at how many of the men who are declared fathers by default in Wayne County are indeed the father. He says DNA tests found 79% of the time they are not.

problem is. you gotta prove yourself innocent

buddy of mine went through that

Wouldn't a simple DNA test prove that? they have to prove paternity before they can issue child support anyways, they can't just go off the word of the woman, if that were the case anyone could say Michael Jordan is the father of their child.

You'd think so but even if you date the girl while shes pregnant she can hit you up for support. Which is fair somehow except no one is able to verbalize how it is.

Who here said that was fair?

Women love to falsely accuse a man of fathering their kids figuring he has more money than the real father. Happens every day and feminists encourage it.

Refreshing News State tells Detroit man Pay for child that isn t yours or go to jail

jan 24 2015
Carnell Alexander is a wanted man. The reason? He refuses to pay child support for a child that is proven to not be his. As a result, a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Alexander says he learned about the paternity case against him during a traffic stop in Detroit in the early 90s. The officer told him he is a deadbeat dad, there was a warrant out for his arrest.
“I knew I didn’t have a child, so I was kind of blown back,” said Alexander during an interview in October.
He would later learn this happened because his ex needed help caring for her kids.
She didn’t realize that would start a paternity case. The state would want to get reimbursement for welfare benefits from the child’s dad.

By the time Carnell learned about the paternity case, judges told him it was too late. Legally he owes the state more than $30 thousand for assistance paid to care for a child.

Carnell refuses to pay. As a result, the warrant was issued for his arrest. He plans to turn himself in on Friday.
“I will go to jail if I have to because I am tired of the mishandling of the case,” said Carnell.

Davis says there are thousands of men in Carnell Alexander’s shoes because Michigan doesn’t have paternity fraud laws that protect men.

When there is evidence a woman mistakenly or purposefully declares the wrong man as husband, it doesn’t necessarily impact paternity obligations.
Davis did a study a few years back that looked at how many of the men who are declared fathers by default in Wayne County are indeed the father. He says DNA tests found 79% of the time they are not.

Wouldn't a simple DNA test prove that? they have to prove paternity before they can issue child support anyways, they can't just go off the word of the woman, if that were the case anyone could say Michael Jordan is the father of their child.

You'd think so but even if you date the girl while shes pregnant she can hit you up for support. Which is fair somehow except no one is able to verbalize how it is.

I thought people here were defending the OP article....no?

I thought people here were defending the OP article....no?

No. Nobody has thought what happened to this man was ok.

But it derailed from there into other side topics.

Imagine if women kept their legs closed, Bodecea.
There's that too....no doubt. But the complaint was about how unfair it was for men. It would be so much better if both men and women chose their sexual partners wisely. But no man should be surprised if he has sex without protection that a baby might result, eh? A little late to complain after the fact.

It would be so much better if both men and women chose their sexual partners wisely.

LMAO....

Anywho, its not fair for the men and women, since they have integrity amnesia, change as their emotions do.

So "picking a good partner" is hard when "its a womans prerogative to change her mind" is a reality.

It would be so much better if both men and women chose their sexual partners wisely.

LMAO....

Anywho, its not fair for the men and women, since they have integrity amnesia, change as their emotions do.

So "picking a good partner" is hard when "its a womans prerogative to change her mind" is a reality.

The point that is made is that men go into sex without knowing their partner well and later complain when they get the shaft.

Instead men should wonder why laws are the way they are when men are the majority in congress, men have the ability to organize and changes laws.

Men also have the ability to not have sex with women they aren't knowing well.

While it can be also said that women shouldn't open their legs, the difference is women can make a choice later to abort or to have the baby.

Since men, don't have that choice you would think they would be wiser in deciding whether they want to risk pregnancy knowing how much that choice could potentially effect them later.

jan 24 2015

She can file for support but wouldn't a DNA test be mandatory? I find it hard to believe they will just go off the womans word here.

jan 24 2015

She can file for support but wouldn't a DNA test be mandatory? I find it hard to believe they will just go off the womans word here.

It seems like in the article the dna test said he is not the father.I am not sure why he is being held accountable, it seems absurd and wrong.

jan 24 2015

"War on men" Cry me a fucking river.

jan 24 2015

Let's say you met her at 3 months....Stuck it out with her for another 1.5 years. YOU ARE NOW THE DADDY! CONGRATS! Because baby needs a new pair of shoes and you were "raising" the child before that

jan 24 2015

Wow that's fucked up!

Let's say you met her at 3 months....Stuck it out with her for another 1.5 years. YOU ARE NOW THE DADDY! CONGRATS! Because baby needs a new pair of shoes and you were "raising" the child before that

Which seems absurd.

Why aren't men changing that law, the majority of congress is men. what's going on here?

I would guess that one of four children are attributed to the wrong man as father.

Be nice to your women, guys, and if they cross you, crush them.

Same same for you women, be nice to your guys.

If someone can't play nice, move to a different sand box.

And if children are involved, always ask the judge to restrict the domicile of the children to the District until age 18.

And let's all paint roses and run in circles! What world are you living in? Just because a women is scorned doesn't give her or the state the right to child support for a child that isn't yours!

jan 24 2015

Yep prove yourself innocent to the tune of $1000s of dollars in legal bills, when a good test would solve it!

jan 24 2015

nowadays yes

my buddy's incident was in 1980 before DNA testing..Court ordered to take a bools test and pay for it..it turned out negative

but she pointed the finger at him b/c he had a good job

jan 24 2015

Shit,

They don't even want the father in the childs life. They'd rather suck him dry this way and promote single parent families where the child is raised on the street.

Evil.

If you read the case she didn't go after him, the state did, because the mother was on welfare.

See a woman technically can't waive child support. Once the state gets in involved (which they always do when the mother requests public aid) then the woman cannot call off the government dogs.

I would guess that one of four children are attributed to the wrong man as father.

Be nice to your women, guys, and if they cross you, crush them.

Same same for you women, be nice to your guys.

If someone can't play nice, move to a different sand box.

And if children are involved, always ask the judge to restrict the domicile of the children to the District until age 18.

And let's all paint roses and run in circles! What world are you living in? Just because a women is scorned doesn't give her or the state the right to child support for a child that isn't yours!

Quit acting like a Yurt. I never said it did. I am giving some good advice.

If you read the case she didn't go after him, the state did, because the mother was on welfare.

See a woman technically can't waive child support. Once the state gets in involved (which they always do when the mother requests public aid) then the woman cannot call off the government dogs.

Don't absolve mommy. She deliberately fingered the wrong man,

The issue of paternity is much more complex than it might seem it should be, because the state prioritizes the best interests of the child over the squabbling of adults - for very good reason. This is an evolving area of the law, but generally speaking, courts will uphold a man's obligation to his children whether they are his biologically or not, out of concern for the child's well-being.

Here is a good article that explores the issue in some depth - warning, requires critical thinking and a greater than 5 minute attention span: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/magazine/22Paternity-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Forum List

Back