🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Warren and the Divine Right of Capital: Accountable Capitalism Act

George, a serious question:

Have you ever talked anyone into abandoning their political philosophy and adopting yours?
I've never tried.
Until the Internet arrived it was seldom useful to engage in political/economic discussions with people who held opposing beliefs. I think we would have to experience a major upheaval (911 meets the Great Recession) before finding any common ground between left and right in the US would become possible.
So, you keep spouting your Commie drivel -- why?

Are you paid to?

If you are, your employer needs a better quality assurance program. Because he's not getting any return on his investment.
I'm not compensated in any way for posting here.
Are you?
41Rq%2Boj11tL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
So...you say your crap because you believe it?

That's...sad.

Noam Chomsky. If there is any idiot that knows nothing, that's the man. Dude... he's a linguist.
Yeah, sit down. You truly know nothing.
Avram Noam Chomsky is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historian, social critic, and political activist. Sometimes called "the father of modern linguistics", Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science. Wikipedia
My parents had him over for dinner one night, my mom being one of the founders of information science. I was too young so had no idea who he was then but have paid attention since. I've never read or listened to anyone so consistently up to date and thought provoking in regard to important current events worldwide.
He wrote his first article at age 10 on the spread of fascism following the fall of Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War[33] and, from the age of 12 or 13, identified with anarchist politics.[29] He later described his discovery of anarchism as "a lucky accident"[34] that made him critical of Stalinism and other forms of Marxism–Leninism.[35]
"idiot that knows nothing" surprisingly like you. Who knew? Not you. And look, Fake News long before Trump:
In 1988, Chomsky and Herman published Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, in which they outlined their propaganda model for understanding mainstream media. They argued that even in countries without official censorship, the news is censored through five filters that have great impact on what stories are reported and how they are presented.[121] The book was inspired by Alex Carey and adapted into a 1992 film.
Ironically, published the same year The Rush Limbaugh Show entered national syndication on AM and FM radio stations. Careful, fact based scholarship vs. insultingly stupid carnival barking. Being easiest to mimic, even drunk, the carnival barker always wins the popularity contests. Best stick with that, Andy. A man's got to know his limitations.

Last edited:
Noam Chomsky. If there is any idiot that knows nothing, that's the man. Dude... he's a linguist.
Avram Noam Chomsky is an American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, historian, social critic, and political activist. Sometimes called "the father of modern linguistics", Chomsky is also a major figure in analytic philosophy and one of the founders of the field of cognitive science. Wikipedia
My parents had him over for dinner one night, my mom being one of the founders of information science. I was too young so had no idea who he was then but have paid attention since. I've never read or listened to anyone so consistently up to date and thought provoking in regard to important current events worldwide.
He wrote his first article at age 10 on the spread of fascism following the fall of Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War[33] and, from the age of 12 or 13, identified with anarchist politics.[29] He later described his discovery of anarchism as "a lucky accident"[34] that made him critical of Stalinism and other forms of Marxism–Leninism.[35]
"idiot that knows nothing" surprisingly like you. Who knew? Not you. And look, Fake News long before Trump:
In 1988, Chomsky and Herman published Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, in which they outlined their propaganda model for understanding mainstream media. They argued that even in countries without official censorship, the news is censored through five filters that have great impact on what stories are reported and how they are presented.[121] The book was inspired by Alex Carey and adapted into a 1992 film.
Ironically, published the same year The Rush Limbaugh Show entered national syndication on AM and FM radio stations. Careful, fact based scholarship vs. insultingly stupid carnival barking. Being easiest to mimic, even drunk, the carnival barker always wins the popularity contests. Best stick with that, Andy. A man's got to know his limitations.

If you have nothing to say..... do everyone a favor, and shut up. Stupid people should stop being a burden on society, and keep their mouths closed.

"idiot that knows nothing" surprisingly like you.

Thanks, but if I gave you any indication your opinion of me, mattered to me.... I am truly sorry for deceiving you. Noam Chomsky is an idiot. If you support him, that make you an idiot supporter.

Honestly, if Chomsky is where you get your info, then you really are waste of forum server space. Save the forum host from having to buy more hard drive space, and remove yourself from forum.... since you clearly have nothing of value to add.

"Bill Gates says he’s happy to pay $20 billion in taxes, but Warren’s plan will make him ‘do a little math on what I have left over"
I know Bill Gates. Bill Gates is a friend of mine. He's also the biggest liar among them by far. However, I must credit him with always being exceptionally manipulative, greedy, control freakish, narcissistic, and stubborn. Also, no one in history has benefited more personally from simply being in the right place at the right time. For someone so average to accomplish so little of actual note other than destroying public education and extracting massive wealth from Microsoft for decades while always pretending to be giving it away, he's certainly snowed the general public.
“Bill Gates is a Parasite”

"'Bill Gates is a Parasite'"

"Noam Chomsky, interviewed by the BBC:

"'My success comes from my ability to embrace and expand the ideas of others.' — Bill Gates. He is a parasite. All he has to add to that is that he’s a parasite off the public sector.

"Because, in fact, almost everything that he does, whether it’s computers or the internet or anything else, are things that the ordinary person paid for.

"Think of the internet.

"That’s thirty years of development, inside the public sector, mostly out of the pentagon.

"All of the ideas, the technology, the hardware, the software, everything. Finally, just two or three years ago it’s given over to Bill Gates. And that’s called a victory of the market."

Bill has certainly made the most of an accident of birth.

Never quote Noam Chomsky. If there is any idiot that knows nothing, that's the man. Dude... he's a linguist. You are quoting a linguist, on an economics topic. Do you quote the mechanic at your oil change place, on his opinion of orthopedic surgeon topics? Do you go ask an accountant his opinion on quantum physics?

He has no economics training. He has never worked a full day in the real world. Never quote him. To me, someone quoting Noam Chomsky about economics, is like asking the Soviets the best options for Nuclear power in 1986.

If you have a question about languages, then go read what Noam Chomsky has to say. Otherwise, it's one ignorant person, quoting another ignorant person.
Never quote Noam Chomsky. If there is any idiot that knows nothing, that's the man. Dude... he's a linguist. You are quoting a linguist, on an economics topic. Do you quote the mechanic at your oil change place, on his opinion of orthopedic surgeon topics? Do you go ask an accountant his opinion on quantum physics?
Convince me you know more about economics than Chomsky does.
noam-chomsky-neoliberalism.jpg

Profit over People - Wikipedia

Have you ever talked anyone into abandoning their political philosophy and adopting yours?
I've never tried.
Until the Internet arrived it was seldom useful to engage in political/economic discussions with people who held opposing beliefs. I think we would have to experience a major upheaval (911 meets the Great Recession) before finding any common ground between left and right in the US would become possible.

Are you paid to?

If you are, your employer needs a better quality assurance program. Because he's not getting any return on his investment.
Are you?

That's...sad.

That's...sad.
What do you believe in?
190305190954-trump-hugs-flag-large-169.jpg

1*IgMrOf4gjSurcueCsHoV6Q.jpeg

How do you square this circle: The structure and legal basis of the modern MAGA corporation bears a great deal of resemblance to feudal estates, and this reality is at odds in an era that claims to value democracy over the Divine Right of Kings?

Warren has a plan:

Accountable Capitalism Act - Wikipedia

"The Accountable Capitalism Act, 115th Congress (2017-2018) S. 3348 is a proposed federal bill introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren in August 2018.

"It would require that employees elect 40% of a board of directors of any corporation with over $1 billion in tax receipts, and that 75% of shareholders and directors must approve any political spending.

"Corporations with revenue over $1 billion would be required to obtain a federal corporate charter.

"The Act contains a 'constituency statute' that would give directors a duty of 'creating a general public benefit' with regard to a corporation's stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, and the environment, and the interests of the enterprise in the long-term.[1]"

The US is among a minority of OECD countries that gives no representation to the workforce (majority) in corporate governance.

For years Warren has claimed "corporations are not people."

Now her Accountable Capitalism Act demands that corporations that claim the legal rights of personhood should be legally required to accept the moral obligations of personhood.
I owned a business once and decided who did what. If I had to share decision making,I would sell the business. Being boss is one reason you risk your money AND do extra for your workers.
/----/ Pochantas can't draw flies in a honey factory.
WARREN PLAYS TO EMPTY HALL
EI48ptBXUAMJP3j

Love that idea of those working being allowed to elect the heads of companies. We all like George, he can't add two plus two but he would be great management though because he always let's us take time off to golf.

/----/ Why not just outright give the share's of the shareholders to the employees?
Because the plan os to give the shares to the Gubmint.

At dinner, did he deny the atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge?

I've never tried.

Are you paid to?

Are you?

That's...sad.

That's...sad.
What do you believe in?
190305190954-trump-hugs-flag-large-169.jpg
I believe in America and her Constitution.

You and other leftists? That seems to make you angry...well, angrier.

did he deny the atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge?
That took place much later. However,
Chomsky and Herman have continued to argue that their analysis of the situation in Cambodia was reasonable, based on the information available to them at the time, and a legitimate critique of the disparities in reporting atrocities committed by communist regimes relative to the atrocities committed by the U.S. and its allies.
Remember Agent Orange? No, not Trump. Napalm? Probably well before your time. Suffice it to say, in addition to guns, don't play with matches and gasoline, son.

Last edited:
did he deny the atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge?
That took place much later. However,
Chomsky and Herman have continued to argue that their analysis of the situation in Cambodia was reasonable, based on the information available to them at the time, and a legitimate critique of the disparities in reporting atrocities committed by communist regimes relative to the atrocities committed by the U.S. and its allies.
Remember Agent Orange? No, not Trump. Probably well before your time. Suffice it to say, in addition to guns, don't play with matches and gasoline, son.
I remember watching the Vietnam War on the news every night. Go be condescending elsewhere; you're no good at it.

Meanwhile, you believe Chomsky was right about Cambodia because he said he was right.

That makes you as big an idiot as Chomsky.

How do you square this circle: The structure and legal basis of the modern MAGA corporation bears a great deal of resemblance to feudal estates, and this reality is at odds in an era that claims to value democracy over the Divine Right of Kings?

Warren has a plan:

"The Accountable Capitalism Act, 115th Congress (2017-2018) S. 3348 is a proposed federal bill introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren in August 2018.

"It would require that employees elect 40% of a board of directors of any corporation with over $1 billion in tax receipts, and that 75% of shareholders and directors must approve any political spending.

"Corporations with revenue over $1 billion would be required to obtain a federal corporate charter.

"The Act contains a 'constituency statute' that would give directors a duty of 'creating a general public benefit' with regard to a corporation's stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, and the environment, and the interests of the enterprise in the long-term.[1]"

The US is among a minority of OECD countries that gives no representation to the workforce (majority) in corporate governance.

Now her Accountable Capitalism Act demands that corporations that claim the legal rights of personhood should be legally required to accept the moral obligations of personhood.
I owned a business once and decided who did what. If I had to share decision making,I would sell the business. Being boss is one reason you risk your money AND do extra for your workers.
EI48ptBXUAMJP3j
MW-HS960_trump__20191009114653_ZH.jpg

What at Trump vs. Warren 2020 showdown would mean for the U.S. dollar

"A potential 2020 election showdown between President Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Elizabeth Warren would undoubtedly be touted as a clash of ideological extremes, but when it comes to economic policy, there is one area where there’s little daylight between the candidates."

"Bill Gates says he’s happy to pay $20 billion in taxes, but Warren’s plan will make him ‘do a little math on what I have left over"
I know Bill Gates. Bill Gates is a friend of mine. He's also the biggest liar among them by far. However, I must credit him with always being exceptionally manipulative, greedy, control freakish, narcissistic, and stubborn. Also, no one in history has benefited more personally from simply being in the right place at the right time. For someone so average to accomplish so little of actual note other than destroying public education and extracting massive wealth from Microsoft for decades while always pretending to be giving it away, he's certainly snowed the general public.

"'My success comes from my ability to embrace and expand the ideas of others.' — Bill Gates. He is a parasite. All he has to add to that is that he’s a parasite off the public sector.

"Because, in fact, almost everything that he does, whether it’s computers or the internet or anything else, are things that the ordinary person paid for.

"Think of the internet.

"That’s thirty years of development, inside the public sector, mostly out of the pentagon.

"All of the ideas, the technology, the hardware, the software, everything. Finally, just two or three years ago it’s given over to Bill Gates. And that’s called a victory of the market."

He has no economics training. He has never worked a full day in the real world. Never quote him. To me, someone quoting Noam Chomsky about economics, is like asking the Soviets the best options for Nuclear power in 1986.

If you have a question about languages, then go read what Noam Chomsky has to say. Otherwise, it's one ignorant person, quoting another ignorant person.

I'll just cite your posts. That's my proof. That one you just posted...... that right there I would cite as evidence he's an idiot.

Look sir, I have no problem with discussing anything with you..... just Noam Chomsky is not source I'm going to respect. If you want to keep citing him, that's your choice, and I'll keep calling him an idiot, because he is.

Just pick another source, and I'll debate you on it. I have no problem with you personally, just Chomsky is a moron. I'm not going to debate the ramblings of a deranged lunatic.

He is a linguist. He's even a brilliant linguist. But he's a linguist. Chomsky, makes Ralph Nader, look like a thought leader, and moderate. Even Nader had to call out Chomsky.

Nader’s critical introduction to the subject begins at 46:34, and it’s worth hearing because it provides some contrast to Chomsky’s defense of the Bolivarian regime. Nader acknowledges the Trump administration’s regime change agenda and the inglorious history of America’s involvement in Latin America during the Cold War. However, he goes on to observe that “the cronyism, the corruption, the colossal mismanagement of Chavez and Maduro have been so deep that you can’t simply write it off as a consequence of foreign intervention.” Nader then reads a leftwing critic’s lengthy indictment of the regime’s mismanagement, including “[a] ten[fold increase in] the murder rate, total stagnation, abrupt decline in hospital infrastructure, before and especially during [the period] 2000 to the present.” This corruption and incompetence has left the country at the mercy of what the critic called the “neoliberal elite,” “foreign oil, mining, and timber companies,” and “IMF-style austerity measures that will seem like a picnic next to Maduro’s madness.”
Venezuela and the Half-Truths of Noam Chomsky - Quillette

He's an idiot. Defending Chavez and Maduro, while blaming capitalists, is ridiculous, and even Nader can't deny it.

Warren has a plan:

EI48ptBXUAMJP3j
MW-HS960_trump__20191009114653_ZH.jpg

What at Trump vs. Warren 2020 showdown would mean for the U.S. dollar

"A potential 2020 election showdown between President Donald Trump and Democratic candidate Elizabeth Warren would undoubtedly be touted as a clash of ideological extremes, but when it comes to economic policy, there is one area where there’s little daylight between the candidates."

Possibly true, but doubtful.

The real damage to the US dollar, is the damage to capitalism and productivity.

The reality with all exchange mediums... is all mediums only have value for what you can exchange them for. That's why we call them a medium of exchange.

Gold has no inherent value. The value of gold, is in what you can exchange it for.

Same is true of any other exchange medium.

As long as there is a massive amount of goods and services that you can exchange the US Dollar for, the dollar will have value.

Efforts by the government to weaken the dollar, will only be effective in one of two ways. Either they drastically reduce the productivity of the US, resulting in fewer goods and services being available, which results in the value of the dollar going down..... or they print money and cause inflation.

I don't see either of them doing that, but I do see Warren wiping out the economy.

"Think of the internet.

I'll just cite your posts. That's my proof. That one you just posted...... that right there I would cite as evidence he's an idiot.

Look sir, I have no problem with discussing anything with you..... just Noam Chomsky is not source I'm going to respect. If you want to keep citing him, that's your choice, and I'll keep calling him an idiot, because he is.

Just pick another source, and I'll debate you on it. I have no problem with you personally, just Chomsky is a moron. I'm not going to debate the ramblings of a deranged lunatic.

He is a linguist. He's even a brilliant linguist. But he's a linguist. Chomsky, makes Ralph Nader, look like a thought leader, and moderate. Even Nader had to call out Chomsky.

Nader’s critical introduction to the subject begins at 46:34, and it’s worth hearing because it provides some contrast to Chomsky’s defense of the Bolivarian regime. Nader acknowledges the Trump administration’s regime change agenda and the inglorious history of America’s involvement in Latin America during the Cold War. However, he goes on to observe that “the cronyism, the corruption, the colossal mismanagement of Chavez and Maduro have been so deep that you can’t simply write it off as a consequence of foreign intervention.” Nader then reads a leftwing critic’s lengthy indictment of the regime’s mismanagement, including “[a] ten[fold increase in] the murder rate, total stagnation, abrupt decline in hospital infrastructure, before and especially during [the period] 2000 to the present.” This corruption and incompetence has left the country at the mercy of what the critic called the “neoliberal elite,” “foreign oil, mining, and timber companies,” and “IMF-style austerity measures that will seem like a picnic next to Maduro’s madness.”

He's an idiot. Defending Chavez and Maduro, while blaming capitalists, is ridiculous, and even Nader can't deny it.
What has Chomsky ever said or done to convince you he is an idiot?

Noam Chomsky - Wikipedia

"One of the most cited scholars alive,[18] Chomsky has influenced a broad array of academic fields.

"He is widely recognized as having helped to spark the cognitive revolution in the human sciences, contributing to the development of a new cognitivistic framework for the study of language and the mind.

"In addition to his continued scholarship, he remains a leading critic of U.S. foreign policy, neoliberalism and contemporary state capitalism, the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and mainstream news media.

"His ideas have proven highly influential in the anti-capitalist and anti-imperialist movements, but have also drawn criticism, with some accusing Chomsky of anti-Americanism."

"Think of the internet.

that will seem like a picnic next to Maduro’s madness.”

Your link:

"As a young socialist, The Washington Connection and Third World Fascism by Noam Chomsky and his late collaborator Edward S. Herman helped to convert me to the worldview of the anti-Imperialist Left.

"I remained a member of this political tendency, for whom Chomsky has become an unrivaled intellectual hero, for most of my adult life.

"That is, until I was confronted by the gap between its doctrines and an unfolding reality I really knew something about.

"I continue to respect some of Chomsky’s writing on topics such as the devastation of East Timor by Indonesia. But the more one knows about a subject, the more apparent the selectivity of Chomsky’s analysis becomes."

Like every other human being on the planet Chomsky is wrong about some of his opinions; why would any rational person equate that to idiocy?

Like every other human being on the planet Chomsky is wrong about some of his opinions; why would any rational person equate that to idiocy?
Because they were never really rational to begin with. I know, rhetorical ;)
Easily triggered by critiques of capitalism? Yes.
Rational? No.

Just imagine the crow eating it took, the suffering involved, to actually laud and quote Nader in one's crazed attempt to put Chomsky in his place? LOL

I heard that show. The Ralph Nader radio hour is the best podcast bar none.
(Though Jimmy Dore is a close second. :) )

Last edited:

Forum List

Back