Was it really necessary to gun down the Capitol Hill chase driver?

I doubt it was necessary to fill the pretty black woman full of holes.

It reminds me of this movie, where the government also killed two notorious criminals in a hail of bullets (@1:30). I wonder if it will become a trend now. :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6egrQZ9w_2c]Bonnie and Clyde-1967-death scene - YouTube[/ame]

This woman had not robbed any banks. She was driving erratically. It is clear in the vid I posted she didn't intend to hit the barricade, but thought she could use that street to flee the police.

It reminds me of this movie, where the government also killed two notorious criminals in a hail of bullets (@1:30). I wonder if it will become a trend now. :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6egrQZ9w_2c]Bonnie and Clyde-1967-death scene - YouTube[/ame]

I wish it were the "trend" when Saudi Nationals hijacked 4 planes and rammed them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Yeah, I think it would be nice for the TSA to shake down a few middle eastern men when I fly, but the don't. They are too busy shaking down us little old white grannies with joint replacements. I have NEVER seen them shake down a middle eastern man or woman in muslim garb.

Bonnie and Clyde-1967-death scene - YouTube

I wish it were the "trend" when Saudi Nationals hijacked 4 planes and rammed them into the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Why? Do you have a fear of flying?

He wants entire planes of Americans shot down because a few middle eastern men are on them. Me, I'd just like to see the middle easterners shaken down in the airports. That would be a welcome change. I have never seen even one stopped. I get stopped every time I fly.

Last edited:

This woman had not robbed any banks. She was driving erratically. It is clear in the vid I posted she didn't intend to hit the barricade, but thought she could use that street to flee the police.

The clip was a graphic example of exactly what happened to Miriam Carey.

Bonnie and Clyde-1967-death scene - YouTube

I have seen the Bonnie and Clyde car. I don't recall where it was, though. Their blood was still on the seats. What you posted was a movie clip. It did not portray what happened to this woman. She had gotten out of the car, unarmed, and they shot her. Bonnie and Clyde were always armed.

BonnieClydecar-1.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...%2Fmedia%2FBonnieClydecar-1.jpg.html;1024;768

Post Partum Psychosis

Could Postpartum Psychosis Symptoms Explain The Capitol Hill Shooting?

Veering from the topic being discussed but this seems relevant.

I don't know what can be done about the many variations of mental illness.

As far as driving a car erratically around the WH and Capitol--I would expect that the highest levels of security/defense are applied. Hypervigiliance--that is part of life today.

Someone with expertise commented last night that this woman had received adequate/good care for her issues but with the types of medication prescribed there were risks inherent. I believe she was taking rispodral?--used with schizophrenia and bi polar disorder--mood stabilizer and lexapro--antidepressant. Either or both of these drugs 'might' have the capability of increasing, agitating other issues. I just don't think we have advanced far enough to know all that is necessary.

That's about all I have to say. There may be 'someone' to blame or something--at this point I can only feel sadness that anyone suffers from such an affliction. If you are hearing voices ==I don't suppose it would be possible to think coherently--pick up the phone and notify a doctor or family member.

Post Partum Psychosis

As far as driving a car erratically around the WH and Capitol--I would expect that the highest levels of security/defense are applied. Hypervigiliance--that is part of life today.

Someone with expertise commented last night that this woman had received adequate/good care for her issues but with the types of medication prescribed there were risks inherent. I believe she was taking rispodral?--used with schizophrenia and bi polar disorder--mood stabilizer and lexapro--antidepressant. Either or both of these drugs 'might' have the capability of increasing, agitating other issues. I just don't think we have advanced far enough to know all that is necessary.

That's about all I have to say. There may be 'someone' to blame or something--at this point I can only feel sadness that anyone suffers from such an affliction. If you are hearing voices ==I don't suppose it would be possible to think coherently--pick up the phone and notify a doctor or family member.

I have treated many cases of psychosis and mania. There are only a few instances in which the meds exacerbate a problem. If a person is in the manic phase of bipolar disorder, an SSRI like Lexapro without a concomitant mood stabilizer, which Risperdal is not, the person will become psychotic within 6 months of starting the drug. Too many OBGYNs treat mental illness. They simply don't have the expertise to treat major mental illnesses. Most of them do not know that an SSRI without a mood stabilizer in a manic is a dangerous drug to give. If she had true post partum psychosis, the Risperdal was appropriate, but likely not high enough. We don't really know if she was manic or not, but if she was a mood stabilizer like Depakote or Lithium would should have been given BEFORE an SSRI was started.

I practiced in psychiatry for 25 years, 17 or so years of that as an NP. I took Advanced Psychopharmacology at Vanderbilt and Advanced General Pharmacology at UAH. Most doctors do not get an advanced course in psychopharmacology, they only get general pharm and learn in practice. I was very successful in the treatment of patients, it was the Advanced Psychopharm that made the difference.

Post Partum Psychosis

I have treated many cases of psychosis and mania. There are only a few instances in which the meds exacerbate a problem. If a person is in the manic phase of bipolar disorder, an SSRI like Lexapro without a concomitant mood stabilizer, which Risperdal is not, the person will become psychotic within 6 months of starting the drug. Too many OBGYNs treat mental illness. They simply don't have the expertise to treat major mental illnesses. Most of them do not know that an SSRI without a mood stabilizer in a manic is a dangerous drug to give. If she had true post partum psychosis, the Risperdal was appropriate, but likely not high enough. We don't really know if she was manic or not, but if she was a mood stabilizer like Depakote or Lithium would should have been given BEFORE an SSRI was started.

I practiced in psychiatry for 25 years, 17 or so years of that as an NP. I took Advanced Psychopharmacology at Vanderbilt and Advanced General Pharmacology at UAH. Most doctors do not get an advanced course in psychopharmacology, they only get general pharm and learn in practice. I was very successful in the treatment of patients, it was the Advanced Psychopharm that made the difference.

I thought she had been hospitalized--several times and assumed that psychiatrists prescribed these meds. But, yes--as you explained--there are factors to consider.

Did this woman provide correct feedback to the healthcare providers? Was she capable of accurately describing symptoms--and so on--as I am certain that you know.

It might have been Dr. Drew--someone mentioned that some patients ? while experiencing mania?/hearing voices--are aware that 'something is wrong' and then become reluctant to tell others the exact nature of the problem.

What would it take to diagnose more precisely--some sort of brain scans--I am asking because I do not know. Whatever it would take--it would involve $$$$$$$$$ and that will always be a problem.

eta: another article reports that she sustained a significant head injury from a fall down some steps. So there's that, too.

Last edited:
Post Partum Psychosis

I thought she had been hospitalized--several times and assumed that psychiatrists prescribed these meds. But, yes--as you explained--there are factors to consider.

Did this woman provide correct feedback to the healthcare providers? Was she capable of accurately describing symptoms--and so on--as I am certain that you know.

It might have been Dr. Drew--someone mentioned that some patients ? while experiencing mania?/hearing voices--are aware that 'something is wrong' and then become reluctant to tell others the exact nature of the problem.

What would it take to diagnose more precisely--some sort of brain scans--I am asking because I do not know. Whatever it would take--it would involve $$$$$$$$$ and that will always be a problem.

eta: another article reports that she sustained a significant head injury from a fall down some steps. So there's that, too.

The only time brain scans are appropriate are when you suspect 'organicity', dementia, mini strokes, damage, tumor, etc. I also never gave an initial diagnosis of schizophrenia without a scan just in case it was a tumor or something. It takes a seasoned doctor, even a seasoned psychiatrist to know the finer points of the psychiatric medications. Many are foreign, particularly if they are working in state or federal clinics or hospitals. And many of those are psychiatrists ONLY because when they came here they could not obtain a residency in their foreign field of practice. Some get into the psychiatry and become good at it, others just don't give a rat's ass about it and are only there to get the money.

Last edited:

I have seen the Bonnie and Clyde car. I don't recall where it was, though. Their blood was still on the seats. What you posted was a movie clip. It did not portray what happened to this woman. She had gotten out of the car, unarmed, and they shot her. Bonnie and Clyde were always armed.

BonnieClydecar-1.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?safe=...%2Fmedia%2FBonnieClydecar-1.jpg.html;1024;768

I understand you are used to the standard application of the term "graphic example." Just because it is "standard" doesn't mean the term can't be applied elsewhere (like to movies). If I'm wrong I must be living on the wrong planet. :eusa_hand:

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] - The lesson to be learned here is...use your imagination, ok?

BonnieClydecar-1.jpg

I understand you are used to the standard application of the term "graphic example." Just because it is "standard" doesn't mean the term can't be applied elsewhere (like to movies). If I'm wrong I must be living on the wrong planet. :eusa_hand:

[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION] - The lesson to be learned here is...use your imagination, ok?

Whatever. Hollywood's fake bullets don't compare to real life bullets.

Bonnie and Clyde were always armed.

BTW That Bonnie and Clyde were always armed is irrelevant. They were ambushed.

Yahoo!

On the morning of May 23, 1934, a posse of six police officers opened fire on Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow's 1934 Ford V8 on a rural country road in Bienville Parish, Louisiana, pumping approximately 130 rounds into the car...

No, it is extremely important that people understand every aspect of the violent death Carey received. That way there is a greater chance for realization and that the police will get the message from those outraged. Your ho-hum indifference is exactly the attitude which allows police to get away scot free with hacking up our citizens.

Last edited:

No, it is extremely important that people understand every aspect of the violent death Carey received. That way there is a greater chance for realization and that the police will get the message from those outraged. Your ho-hum indifference is exactly the attitude which allows police to get away scot free with hacking up our citizens.

I learned a long time ago not to use fiction to make a point about real life, and the movies are fiction.

My 'ho-hum indifference.' LOL You need to go back and read a little. I find this incident to be abhorrent, but I have an education and I would not use a movie portrayal of armed outlaws getting shot to make my point. If you are going for equivalency, you have to use equivalent examples. Movies DO NOT equate with real life. Armed outlaws DO NOT equate with an unarmed woman who stepped out of her car to give herself up. Bonnie and Clyde were armed criminals, not an unarmed mentally ill woman with a child in the car. The two things do not compare and they do not make your point.

Last edited:
She was a threat, they dealt with the known threat. The investigation will decide if they acted outside procedures established to deal with situations like this.

As to "this administration" nice try, we have all kind of things to complain about with Obama, but if you honestly think he had anything to do with the DC police or secret service in this instance you are beyond help.

Making crap up from whole cloth to lump on Obama just makes it easier for his defenders to dismiss the real complaints by pointing out all the ignorant rants that have been put out there.

In order to preserve my equal-opportunity hatred of both sides, I may have to move on to MoveOn.org in order to find Liberals as disgusting as the Conservatives are here.

Post Partum Psychosis

The explanation I heard a long time ago when we had freedom of speech still holds: "You can take them out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of them."

Post Partum Psychosis

Well all be damned. Can I lay on your couch and talk about my feelings?

Just kidding, LOL.

BonnieClydecar-1.jpg

The only time they made me flashback to Vietnam was that scene from the Deerhunter when they first get into combat and are POWs in the next scene. They must have used real bullets from AK-47s for that.

Forum List

Back