Zone1 Was The Garden Of Eden A Real Place?

From about 2050 BC onward, Dilmun seems to have had its heyday. Qal'at al-Bahrain was most likely the capital of Dilmun. From texts found at Isin, it becomes clear that Dilmun became an independent kingdom, free from Mesopotamian rule; royal gifts to Dilmun are mentioned. Contacts with the Amorite state of Mari, in the northern Levant, are attested. At about this time, the largest royal burial mounds were erected.[27] From about 1780 BC came several inscriptions on stone vessels naming two kings of Dilmun, King Yagli-El and his father, Rimum. The inscriptions were found in huge tumuli, evidently the burial places of these kings. Rimum was already known to archaeology from the Durand Stone, discovered in 1879.[28]

The Bahrain National Museum assesses that its "Golden Age" lasted ca. 2200–1600 BC. Discoveries of ruins under the Persian Gulf may be of Dilmun.[34]

From about 2050 BC onward, Dilmun seems to have had its heyday. Qal'at al-Bahrain was most likely the capital of Dilmun. From texts found at Isin, it becomes clear that Dilmun became an independent kingdom, free from Mesopotamian rule; royal gifts to Dilmun are mentioned. Contacts with the Amorite state of Mari, in the northern Levant, are attested. At about this time, the largest royal burial mounds were erected.[27] From about 1780 BC came several inscriptions on stone vessels naming two kings of Dilmun, King Yagli-El and his father, Rimum. The inscriptions were found in huge tumuli, evidently the burial places of these kings. Rimum was already known to archaeology from the Durand Stone, discovered in 1879.[28]

The Bahrain National Museum assesses that its "Golden Age" lasted ca. 2200–1600 BC. Discoveries of ruins under the Persian Gulf may be of Dilmun.[34]
Zzz

Which has fuck all to do with the Garden of Eden.

Zzz

Which has fuck all to do with the Garden of Eden.
Mesopotamia saw Bahrain as the inspiration for Eden because of the freshwater artesian springs.
so, still no actual connection to Eden.

It's said that where the Tigrus and Euphrates meet it is the most fertile soil on the planet.

This is supposed to be originally the area that the Garden of Eden was located.

This is in Iraq.

One of my buddies who spent time in Iraq after Desert Storm said there's a place in Iraq where you can grow anything without fertilizer or water.

The Garden of Eden is itself a fabrication in the Bible. Whether or not a real location was used in a myth is an irrelevant question. If the location fits the bill and exists, it does not prove a Biblical story.

Big Lies are almost always based on, and use kernels of truth.

Thank you. Ignoring the trollish attacks, this is quite the interesting historical fact(s).

The Garden of Eden is itself a fabrication in the Bible. Whether or not a real location was used in a myth is an irrelevant question. If the location fits the bill and exists, it does not prove a Biblical story.

Big Lies are almost always based on, and use kernels of truth.
I guess you never heard of parables before.

Nobody is claiming the stories are history.. They are mythos... But, there is a place called Egypt and there was a fanciful notion that Eden was in Bahrain.
It could have been in New Jersey.

However, a friend of mine told me the place they described in the Bible is in Iraq and he said you can grow anything there.

Sounds like Hawaii.

California can't grow grass like they grow on the Big Island.

It could have been in New Jersey.

However, a friend of mine told me the place they described in the Bible is in Iraq and he said you can grow anything there.

Sounds like Hawaii.

California can't grow grass like they grow on the Big Island.

Look at a map. Notice the Shat Al Arab. Bahrain has sweetwater bubbling up from the ocean floor because the whole peninsula tilts to the East and the aquifers flow towards the East.

However, a friend of mine told me the place they described in the Bible is in Iraq

- the place, pre civilization as portrayed would be either planet earth or as likely disposed to earth from a heavenly garden ...

what did occur is the relevancy whether correctly chronicled or not as all living beings receiving the same fate of self determination w/ the goal of remission to the everlasting or simply perish.

- the place, pre civilization as portrayed would be either planet earth or as likely disposed to earth from a heavenly garden ...

what did occur is the relevancy whether correctly chronicled or not as all living beings receiving the same fate of self determination w/ the goal of remission to the everlasting or simply perish.

I have no idea what you're saying.

Forum List

Back