Was this a Good day for Trump or for Comey?

Don't know about Comey, but overall it was a good day for Trump, not so good for Dims.
The question remains are the citizens going to listen to this and say, Trump was intimidating? In reality, the President is always intimidating. But one of the last comments made about the Russian investigation was that he was looking forward to the results because he wanted to know if any of his associates were involved. That demonstrates he was not looking forward to Comey stopping the investigation.

But how will the media spin this?
I don't care really about dems or gopers winning, but the funny thing about that hearing was Trump was LOT better off with Comey running that investigation than Mueller. LOL
Could be. But who in the hell cares. Russians hack us and we hack them. Even steven. Get back to working for the people!
This is a story for the media to play with. We have to tell our representatives to get back to work for this country! Too much politics here.

Being outed as a liar qualifies as a "bad day" for Trump. Comey did well.

But the Trumpettes can just simply ask a question like "What is a lie really?" or take my signature and just go "maybe he didn't think he was lying therefore its not a lie".

That's a crafty one

Don't know about Comey, but overall it was a good day for Trump, not so good for Dims.
The question remains are the citizens going to listen to this and say, Trump was intimidating? In reality, the President is always intimidating. But one of the last comments made about the Russian investigation was that he was looking forward to the results because he wanted to know if any of his associates were involved. That demonstrates he was not looking forward to Comey stopping the investigation.

I don't care really about dems or gopers winning, but the funny thing about that hearing was Trump was LOT better off with Comey running that investigation than Mueller. LOL
Could be. But who in the hell cares. Russians hack us and we hack them. Even steven. Get back to working for the people!
This is a story for the media to play with. We have to tell our representatives to get back to work for this country! Too much politics here.

Yeah man, Who cares? Lets just call it a wash and move on because this troubles Trump too much and when it comes to protecting our nation or protecting Trump, you know who I choose! :banana:

Is today a good day for President Trump or James Comey?

Politically, Trump may be damaged by innuendo from Comey's interrogation.

Legally, Trump should not be legally damaged.

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. I think G.W. Bush had about 7 books written about him after department heads left office under his administration.

Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job as FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times--discussing the "russian cloud."

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer in a public hearing is what you have to be concerned about.

B'loney. Former Government Employees do not have carte blanche to leak privileged information.

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. I think G.W. Bush had about 7 books written about him after department heads left office under his administration.

Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job as FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times--discussing the "russian cloud."

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer in a public hearing is what you have to be concerned about.

B'loney. Former Government Employees do not have carte blanche to leak privileged information.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

Bad day for Swamp Rat "The Leaker" Comey. He should be charged just for being one of the leakers.

Bad day for the innuendo, anonymous source, make speculation into fact, gonna sink Trump crowd
Comey comes off as a make pretend confused sleeze ball who could not decide whether to sink Hillary or Trump so took shots at both.

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job of FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times.

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer is what you have to be concerned about.
That was an interesting comment. I do not believe anything can be talked about publically just because you are no longer working for the government.
I don't recall the fact that Comey reminded him about the independence of the FBI and Trump "not getting" it. In fact, One of Trump's last comments was that we was looking forward to the conclusion of their investigation to see of any of Trump's associates were involved.

For those who are adamantly against Trump will probably stand by him and those who are adamantly against Trump will continue to be. It's those who are not biased are the best prognosticators.

Bad day for the innuendo, anonymous source, make speculation into fact, gonna sink Trump crowd
Comey comes off as a make pretend confused sleeze ball who could not decide whether to sink Hillary or Trump so took shots at both.
Looks like he hates to give up his favorite habit: to seat on two chairs.

Yeah man, Who cares? Lets just call it a wash and move on because this troubles Trump too much and when it comes to protecting our nation or protecting Trump, you know who I choose! :banana:
The Dems may be working overtime on this so it takes Trump away from his agenda. I'm beginning to think that this is really what it is all about. Why can't we work all together to help Americans prosper and be safe. But that is just me.

Lets remember Comey was allowed to run his mouth without president Trump present and Trump not afforded the opportunity to defend himself in real time before the committee. How many of you would think that's fair if some guy was dumping on you? My guess is zero.

The Dems may be working overtime on this so it takes Trump away from his agenda. I'm beginning to think that this is really what it is all about. Why can't we work all together to help Americans prosper and be safe. But that is just me.
Trump pretty much ignores them, except to troll them via twitter.
I'd say he's distracting THEM.

Lets remember Comey was allowed to run his mouth without president Trump present and Trump not afforded the opportunity to defend himself in real time before the committee. How many of you would think that's fair if some guy was dumping on you? My guess is zero.
The president has an army of lawyers and commentators to speak to the people. Remember, Trump still uses his F^%$#ing twitter to get his message out!

The president has an army of lawyers and commentators to speak to the people. Remember, Trump still uses his F^%$#ing twitter to get his message out!

Your deflection is noted. Was Trump allowed to dispute Comey's recollection of events today before the committee? No, case closed.

Forum List

Back