Was this a Good day for Trump or for Comey?

Lets remember Comey was allowed to run his mouth without president Trump present and Trump not afforded the opportunity to defend himself in real time before the committee. How many of you would think that's fair if some guy was dumping on you? My guess is zero.
The president has an army of lawyers and commentators to speak to the people. Remember, Trump still uses his F^%$#ing twitter to get his message out!
And it's a shitload more accurate than anything you read elsewhere.

What I've seen transpire in the Senate and news today doesn't militate for my considering it as a day meriting, with regard to either man, overly simplistic qualitative assessments on the order of "good" and "bad." Comey said answered questions he was asked and shared, to the extent he could, discussed the nature of his interactions and thinking about various matters pertaining to the FBI, the "Russia"/Flynn investigation, the POTUS and assorted members of his staff.

Legally, Trump should not be legally damaged.

I'd have been shocked were anything that legally damaging disclosed in the public Senate briefing. Were that to have happened, it'd have required that Comey in open Congressional testimony "leak" information about an ongoing investigation.

You'll surely have noted that Comey did tell Trump that Trump was not the subject of an investigation. If you listened carefully and are somewhat aware of how the law works, you'll also have noted that Comey did not attest to whether, as a consequence of his actions to squelch or end the Flynn and "Russia" investigation, he may, as part of the special counsel's examination, now be the subject of an or a part of an investigation. He clearly cannot comment on that because he is unemployed.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

Are you referring to Comey's notes? The notes are government property -- he wrote them pursuant to government-business interactions he, as FBI Director, had with the POTUS -- but not exclusively so. Moreover, they almost certainly (given that Comey provided them to a law school professor) don't contain classified information. To the extent the notes do not contain classified information, they surely sooner or later will be released via a FOIA request. Thus, as Comey authored them, he certainly has the right to share descriptive information about them as he sees fit.

If you would take the time to read and comprehend all of their posts, you'll see that is not true. Matter of fact, KosherGirl has backed her statement with 12, count them.. twelve links. Now who's in a bubble?

What I've seen transpire in the Senate and news today doesn't militate for my considering it as a day meriting, with regard to either man, overly simplistic qualitative assessments on the order of "good" and "bad." Comey said answered questions he was asked and shared, to the extent he could, discussed the nature of his interactions and thinking about various matters pertaining to the FBI, the "Russia"/Flynn investigation, the POTUS and assorted members of his staff.

I'd have been shocked were anything that legally damaging disclosed in the public Senate briefing. Were that to have happened, it'd have required that Comey in open Congressional testimony "leak" information about an ongoing investigation.

You'll surely have noted that Comey did tell Trump that Trump was not the subject of an investigation. If you listened carefully and are somewhat aware of how the law works, you'll also have noted that Comey did not attest to whether, as a consequence of his actions to squelch or end the Flynn and "Russia" investigation, he may, as part of the special counsel's examination, now be the subject of an or a part of an investigation. He clearly cannot comment on that because he is unemployed.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

Are you referring to Comey's notes? The notes are government property -- he wrote them pursuant to government-business interactions he, as FBI Director, had with the POTUS -- but not exclusively so. Moreover, they almost certainly (given that Comey provided them to a law school professor) don't contain classified information. To the extent the notes do not contain classified information, they surely sooner or later will be released via a FOIA request. Thus, as Comey authored them, he certainly has the right to share descriptive information about them as he sees fit.

That was a SHITLOAD of blithering nonsense lol.

Bad, bad day to be a dem or anybody who has been hysterically attacking the mainstream voters of this country, or the president.

McCain loses . He looked like a senile old coot.

Trump was outed as a mob boss type liar . And we know that Russia really did fuck wh our election .

BTW, I told you all that Comey would do exactly what he's doing.

The people who are surprised by what they are hearing and seeing are patent idiots.

TV news is so bad they cannot even correctly and factually report what Comey said. Instead they try to project what is the meaning of what he didn't say and then spin it into a fact

Lets remember Comey was allowed to run his mouth without president Trump present and Trump not afforded the opportunity to defend himself in real time before the committee. How many of you would think that's fair if some guy was dumping on you? My guess is zero.
The president has an army of lawyers and commentators to speak to the people. Remember, Trump still uses his F^%$#ing twitter to get his message out!

Your deflection is noted. Was Trump allowed to dispute Comey's recollection of events today before the committee? No, case closed.
That's true. He did not go before the committee after Comey testified. But I would guess the supporters will be out in earnest on/in media that allow them to speak.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

too hard to answer ?

then STFU

Your deflection is noted. Was Trump allowed to dispute Comey's recollection of events today before the committee? No, case closed.
That's true. He did not go before the committee after Comey testified. But I would guess the supporters will be out in earnest on/in media that allow them to speak.

Well Comey got his 15 minutes of fame on national TV, he voiced his opinions and had the opportunity to cry about being fired. President Trump should just move on and forward with his initiatives, Comey will be forgotten in a month.

Trump was outed as a mob boss type liar . And we know that Russia really did fuck wh our election .
You still continue to amuse me. Please add links.

Bad day for Trump.

If a robber holds a gun to your head and says, "I hope you will give me your wallet" - what is your interpretation of that? That is basically what Trump did to Comey. I am paraphrasing what Senator Kamala Harris said in her opening questions to former FBI Director James Comey on the morning of June 8, 2017 during the Senate hearing when he was questioned under oath.

Democrats really came away with. Nothing. They counted on his testimony to be the smoking gun and it was not even a slingshot. You got Democrats saying well it was okay but maybe if! So they are showing they are just deluded enough to think maybe if's replace facts. So the Democrat is no more educated today on the subject then he was a week ago.

or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

too hard to answer ?

then STFU
Any communication with the president in the capacity of being the FBI director is automatically controlled and sensitive.its not like someone has to stamp your notes.

Trying to Prove that feelings, suspicions and innuendo are facts is tough

Don't know about Comey, but overall it was a good day for Trump, not so good for Dims.
The question remains are the citizens going to listen to this and say, Trump was intimidating? In reality, the President is always intimidating. But one of the last comments made about the Russian investigation was that he was looking forward to the results because he wanted to know if any of his associates were involved. That demonstrates he was not looking forward to Comey stopping the investigation.

But how will the media spin this?
I don't care really about dems or gopers winning, but the funny thing about that hearing was Trump was LOT better off with Comey running that investigation than Mueller. LOL
Could be. But who in the hell cares. Russians hack us and we hack them. Even steven. Get back to working for the people!
This is a story for the media to play with. We have to tell our representatives to get back to work for this country! Too much politics here.

Yeah man, Who cares? Lets just call it a wash and move on because this troubles Trump too much and when it comes to protecting our nation or protecting Trump, you know who I choose! :banana:
The Dems may be working overtime on this so it takes Trump away from his agenda. I'm beginning to think that this is really what it is all about. Why can't we work all together to help Americans prosper and be safe. But that is just me.

Sure it's the dems fault...no matter they don't run any branch of got that doesn't matter. It's the dems fault.

You must go home, see dirty dishes and blame the dems for trying to undermine your reputation.

Is today a good day for President Trump or James Comey?

Politically, Trump may be damaged by innuendo from Comey's interrogation.

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?
I have not watched the evening news yet.

Normally I wait for PBS News Hour. It does not come on for another 3 hours.

You still continue to amuse me. Please add links.

Links to what ? I heard the testimony .

What do links do? "Here's a link to some hack that agrees with me! It's now fact!"

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless ...

:rolleyes:

no, mr comey is primarily seen by the vast majority of observers as rational, forthright, and credible...

after trump's oval office intimidation attempt, mr comey proceeded just as he should have, by leaving sessions out of the loop. after all, he watched mr sessions leave the room, effectively permitting POTUS to intimidate the FBI director. ;)

3 senior FBI officials can vouch for Comey’s story about Trump

or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

too hard to answer ?

then STFU
Any communication with the president in the capacity of being the FBI director is automatically controlled and sensitive.its not like someone has to stamp your notes.
Honestly, that isn't what the news, (Fox said). If it was controlled or privileged, it had to be a government document and subject to being considered a "leak."

Forum List

Back