Was this a Good day for Trump or for Comey?

Comey the clown was destroyed.

if you say so... :itsok:

GetFile.aspx

FBI Director James Comey confirms investigation of Trump-Russia ties

Is today a good day for President Trump or James Comey?

Politically, Trump may be damaged by innuendo from Comey's interrogation.

Legally, Trump should not be legally damaged.

Politically, Comey may be damaged because if he felt threatened by losing his job from anything Trump said, he should have gone to a higher up in the Justice Department that was in place at the time. Comey may have a vandetta against Trump because of his firing, but that doesn't end the fact that he didn't report that Trump told him to stop any interrogation if this is indeed what Trump wanted.

Legally, comey should be fine. Even the "leak" is not, by definition a "leak" because it was not a government document that was released by his friend.

In the eyes of the public, Comey is depicted as a timid, cowardly FBI Director because if he felt "queasy" about the discussion with Trump, it was his place to tell him that the President 's comments were not appropriate. If he was intimidated, which clearly he was demonstrated by making precise notes on his conversations with the president, he should have reported that to Jeff Sessions regardless if Sessions was going to recuse himself from a different investigation weeks later. The sea gull defense is silly. BTW, how did he know that Sessions was going to recuse himself on the Russian question weeks later?

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. I think G.W. Bush had about 7 books written about him after department heads left office under his administration.

Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job as FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times--discussing the "russian cloud."

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer in a public hearing is what you have to be concerned about.

B'loney. Former Government Employees do not have carte blanche to leak privileged information.

Comey took notes, put them in his pocket,

who marked them classified
or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

When you are asked to a private meeting with your boss, with only the 2 of you present......confidentiality of the conversation would be the norm.

Most people already know not to blab their mouth off, especially to others of the same or lower level of seniority. IF Comey thought the conversation was of 'national security' importance or a crime, then he could/should have went to the authority that would handle that aspect. Sessions?? But not to his peeps &/or the media

:rolleyes:

no, comey went thru the proper channels under the circumstances, at the time and then after the fact too... that means ALL things considered factual, not just trumpswab fantasy circumstances in full denial of the legal facts and processes.

our dumbo president calls highly regarded FBI director a "nut job" because trump is evidently incapable of comprehending protocol and legal processes and limitations.

FACT is, only after trump fired him and then tweeted threats about possible tapes, did private citizen comey then deliberately and legally, let it be know publicly that he indeed had saved transcripts of their conversations.

only dumbo or dishonest observers can't discern the difference between an illegal leak that compromises national security vs what comey did which was a fully legal exposure of important facts.

It's apparent you didn't see or hear Comey's testimony......or you would have known Comey said himself, that as soon as he left that meeting he was writing notes and told his friends to go to the media. Do you do that when you have an 'uncomfortable' meeting with your boss's boss??????

Reread the whole post that you quoted...do it slowly & carefully so you understand what I said........then get back to me

I never said Comey blabbing his mouth was illegal

there is no denying the FACTS of the matter :itsok:

Comey said that after one particularly odd private meeting with the president, he feared Trump “might lie” about the conversation, prompting him to begin taking careful notes after each encounter.

Comey revealed that after he was fired, he leaked notes on his interactions with Trump to the media, hoping that sharing the information would prompt the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the administration over possible links to Russia.

“It’s my judgment that I was fired because of the Russia investigation,” Comey said. “I was fired, in some way, to change — or the endeavor was to change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted.”

Comey’s testimony threatened to deepen the legal and political crisis engulfing the White House, which has struggled to respond to growing questions about the president’s conduct.

Comey: White House lied about me, FBI

Who is going to beleive one-sided non-certified secret hand-edited "notes" from an incompetent fired wack-job?

I can hand-edit "stories" also? Would you believe my work meeting notes? Or the bosses notes...HR usually goes with the bosses records.

Well......."secret" except for notes he got into the NYslimes.

"the endeavor was to change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted.”

hmmm there's a word for that :eusa_think:

obstruction

Once you're a private citizen--like Comey was after he was fired--you can talk all you want too. I think G.W. Bush had about 7 books written about him after department heads left office under his administration.

Comey did tell Trump the importance of the independence of the Justice Department and his job as FBI director--and Trump didn't get the message obviously, because he phoned him directly 6 different times--discussing the "russian cloud."

Was this a bad day for TRUMP--Oh Hell yeah. It's what he or anyone else is refusing to answer in a public hearing is what you have to be concerned about.

B'loney. Former Government Employees do not have carte blanche to leak privileged information.

or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

When you are asked to a private meeting with your boss, with only the 2 of you present......confidentiality of the conversation would be the norm.

Most people already know not to blab their mouth off, especially to others of the same or lower level of seniority. IF Comey thought the conversation was of 'national security' importance or a crime, then he could/should have went to the authority that would handle that aspect. Sessions?? But not to his peeps &/or the media

no, comey went thru the proper channels under the circumstances, at the time and then after the fact too... that means ALL things considered factual, not just trumpswab fantasy circumstances in full denial of the legal facts and processes.

our dumbo president calls highly regarded FBI director a "nut job" because trump is evidently incapable of comprehending protocol and legal processes and limitations.

FACT is, only after trump fired him and then tweeted threats about possible tapes, did private citizen comey then deliberately and legally, let it be know publicly that he indeed had saved transcripts of their conversations.

only dumbo or dishonest observers can't discern the difference between an illegal leak that compromises national security vs what comey did which was a fully legal exposure of important facts.

It's apparent you didn't see or hear Comey's testimony......or you would have known Comey said himself, that as soon as he left that meeting he was writing notes and told his friends to go to the media. Do you do that when you have an 'uncomfortable' meeting with your boss's boss??????

Reread the whole post that you quoted...do it slowly & carefully so you understand what I said........then get back to me

I read his opening statement. You've got to get over this Trump his Comey's boss--he isn't his boss--Jeff Sessions as attorney general is. You'll also note that Comey only met with Obama twice during his tenure, once to attend a security briefing with others, and the last time for Obama to say goodbye when he left office. There were no phone calls--because it is extremely rare for the FBI Chief to meet with the President in PRIVATE. If it was an innocent meeting Trump would have never told Jeff Sessions to leave the room--because any investigation would have been under his title also--as Attorney General. 3 meetings and 6 phone calls Trump made to Comey in 3 months and--then he fired him.

Trump is a pathological liar
--and that's been well-known since he was on the campaign trail. There hasn't been a comment that has come out of his mouth that he hasn't exagurated the truth, or flat out lied about.
PolitiFact awards Donald Trump its 'Lie of the Year'
Donald Trump wins PolitiFact’s ‘Lie of the Year,’ doesn’t take it lying down

Comey made these memo's after Trump made the comments to him about "letting go of Michael Flynn, a case that he was in charge of, knowing Trump's history of lying. Any prudent person with half a brain would have done the same thing. He also told Jeff Sessions to never leave him in a room alone again with Trump. And I am certain that Jeff Sessions will verify that under oath--as eventually he will be called in or subpoenaed to testify to that account. In fact Sessions has already verified that because he corrected the record--as Comey stated that Sessions did not reply to his comment, and in fact Sessions did reply to that in an email sent to Comey. Session's has probably already verified it to the Special Prosecutor in this case, Robert Mueller. As far as Comey--he told his friend to release the memo to the press (after Trump fired him and attacked him verbally and on tweeter)--in order to promote a special prosecutor--which worked.

And that's exactly what was needed in this investigation, an independent special prosecutor--that could not be influenced or intimidated by threats of losing their job or bought and paid for by anyone.

I imagine right now, Trump regrets the day that he fired Comey. He intended to put in a new FBI chief--that would bow to his will and pledge loyalty to him--and instead he's stuck with Robert Mueller--who has turned what was an congressional probe into a now Criminal Investigation.
Lindsey Graham: Russia probe 'now a criminal investigation'

Last edited:
Comey oozes the calculating slime that he is
Trump is unaccustomed to sorts at this level and most people if you ask if they are loyal to your efforts don't try to make that question their meal ticket

calculating was comey's JOB, dum dum.

FBI loyalty does not belong with individual politicians. :eusa_clap:

there is no denying the FACTS of the matter :itsok:

Comey said that after one particularly odd private meeting with the president, he feared Trump “might lie” about the conversation, prompting him to begin taking careful notes after each encounter.

Comey revealed that after he was fired, he leaked notes on his interactions with Trump to the media, hoping that sharing the information would prompt the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the administration over possible links to Russia.

“It’s my judgment that I was fired because of the Russia investigation,” Comey said. “I was fired, in some way, to change — or the endeavor was to change the way the Russia investigation was being conducted.”

Comey’s testimony threatened to deepen the legal and political crisis engulfing the White House, which has struggled to respond to growing questions about the president’s conduct.

Comey: White House lied about me, FBI

Like I said before.........I never said what Comey did was illegal. But HE didn't go to the media, he gave it to a friend to do so because he & his wife were leaving town. Nor did I mention how or why Comey was fired or anything about the Russian investigation.

You've got to get over this Trump his Comey's boss--he isn't his boss--Jeff Sessions as attorney general is.

yes, Sessions was Comey's immediate supervisor or superior......but who is Sessions superior???? Do YOU understand governmental management levels?

You'll also note that Comey only met with Obama twice during his tenure, once to attend a security briefing with others, and the last time for Obama to say goodbye when he left office. There were no phone calls--because it is extremely rare for the FBI Chief to meet with the President in PRIVATE. If it was an innocent meeting Trump would have never told Jeff Sessions to leave the room--because any investigation would have been under his title also--as Attorney General. 3 meetings and 6 phone calls Trump made to Comey in 3 months and--then he fired him.

Don't really give a shit about this, cause it wasn't part of my argument. Other than I had said it wasn't normal how Trump had not followed chain of command, but he was still within his right to do so.......and I never said it was an innocent meeting

Comey made these memo's after Trump made the comments to him about "letting go of Michael Flynn, a case that he was in charge of, knowing Trump's history of lying. Any prudent person with half a brain would have done the same thing. He also told Jeff Sessions to never leave him in a room alone again with Trump. And I am certain that Jeff Sessions will verify that under oath--as eventually he will be called in or subpoenaed to testify to that account. In fact Sessions has already verified that because he corrected the record--as Comey stated that Sessions did not reply to his comment, and in fact Sessions did reply to that in an email sent to Comey. Session's has probably already verified it to the Special Prosecutor in this case, Robert Mueller. As far as Comey--he told his friend to release the memo to the press (after Trump fired him and attacked him verbally and on tweeter)--in order to promote a special prosecutor--which worked.

No, Comey made those notes after each of their meetings or calls.......because he thought he may need it in the future. And I do agree that anyone in the same situation would have done the same AND yes I agree with the rest of that because it was in the testimony

here watch it for yourself........

You've got to get over this Trump his Comey's boss--he isn't his boss--Jeff Sessions as attorney general is.

yes, Sessions was Comey's immediate supervisor or superior......but who is Sessions superior???? Do YOU understand governmental management levels?

You'll also note that Comey only met with Obama twice during his tenure, once to attend a security briefing with others, and the last time for Obama to say goodbye when he left office. There were no phone calls--because it is extremely rare for the FBI Chief to meet with the President in PRIVATE. If it was an innocent meeting Trump would have never told Jeff Sessions to leave the room--because any investigation would have been under his title also--as Attorney General. 3 meetings and 6 phone calls Trump made to Comey in 3 months and--then he fired him.

Don't really give a shit about this, cause it wasn't part of my argument. Other than I had said it wasn't normal how Trump had not followed chain of command, but he was still within his right to do so.......and I never said it was an innocent meeting

No, Comey made those notes after each of their meetings or calls.......because he thought he may need it in the future. And I do agree that anyone in the same situation would have done the same AND yes I agree with the rest of that because it was in the testimony

here watch it for yourself........

That guy has an evil smugness look

Today was the beginning of the end for DJ Trump.

He will ultimately now be impeached and the whole Nation knows it now.

Whether he squeaks by in the Senate like Clinton did or not is yet to be seen.

The DEM's will all vote to impeach him no doubt.

Whether enough GOP Senators want Pence to replace him or not has yet to be seen.

But Mueller needs to finish his investigations first.

I have to believe Mueller is closer to Comey than to Trump.

So Trump is dog meat however you look at it.

or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

I read his opening statement. You've got to get over this Trump his Comey's boss--he isn't his boss--Jeff Sessions as attorney general is. You'll also note that Comey only met with Obama twice during his tenure, once to attend a security briefing with others, and the last time for Obama to say goodbye when he left office. There were no phone calls--because it is extremely rare for the FBI Chief to meet with the President in PRIVATE. If it was an innocent meeting Trump would have never told Jeff Sessions to leave the room--because any investigation would have been under his title also--as Attorney General. 3 meetings and 6 phone calls Trump made to Comey in 3 months and--then he fired him.

--and that's been well-known since he was on the campaign trail. There hasn't been a comment that has come out of his mouth that he hasn't exagurated the truth, or flat out lied about.

And that's exactly what was needed in this investigation, an independent special prosecutor--that could not be influenced or intimidated by threats of losing their job or bought and paid for by anyone.

I imagine right now, Trump regrets the day that he fired Comey. He intended to put in a new FBI chief--that would bow to his will and pledge loyalty to him--and instead he's stuck with Robert Mueller--who has turned what was an congressional probe into a now Criminal Investigation.
According to Trump The Big Mouth, both Sessions (who was supposed to be recused) and Rosenstein agreed to fire Trump.

That makes all 3 of them guilty of obstruction of justice.

However Rosenstein has pleaded not guilty.

That leaves Trump and Session.

Goodbye Trump and goodbye Sessions !!

Those were two of the shortest terms in office anyone has ever had.

Hello Pence.

Maybe Rosenstein will survive. Maybe he will need to step down.

He (Rosenstein) was a moron for attaching his name to Trump's directive to fire Comey.

Today was the beginning of the end for DJ Trump.

He will ultimately now be impeached and the whole Nation knows it now.

Whether he squeaks by in the Senate like Clinton did or not is yet to be seen.

The DEM's will all vote to impeach him no doubt.

Whether enough GOP Senators want Pence to replace him or not has yet to be seen.

But Mueller needs to finish his investigations first.

I have to believe Mueller is closer to Comey than to Trump.

So Trump is dog meat however you look at it.

^^^^^

Trump is dog meat.

Get used to it.

Sessions is dog meat too.

Maybe Rosenstein as well.

Lots of dog meat was canned today.

yiostheoy, what high school did you graduate if indeed you did?

I want to take this opportunity to thank oreo for not posting that vid of homosexual Shep Smith he always posts.

or
controlled
or
sensitive

WHO?

According to Trump The Big Mouth, both Sessions (who was supposed to be recused) and Rosenstein agreed to fire Trump.

That makes all 3 of them guilty of obstruction of justice.

However Rosenstein has pleaded not guilty.

That leaves Trump and Session.

Goodbye Trump and goodbye Sessions !!

Those were two of the shortest terms in office anyone has ever had.

Hello Pence.

Maybe Rosenstein will survive. Maybe he will need to step down.

He (Rosenstein) was a moron for attaching his name to Trump's directive to fire Comey.

Trump blamed Deputy AG Rosenstein for Comey's firing--but Rosenstein was infuriated over that. Rosenstein's report over Comey's malfeasance was over what Comey did to Hillary Clinton. He felt that Comey overstepped his boundardies and violated long standing DOJ protocol by releasing information within 60 days of an election. That's what his report was based around. (And no one is stupid enough to believe that Trump fired Comey--because he was mean to Hillary Clinton.)

"Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was so upset with the White House for pinning the firing of FBI Director James Comey on him Wednesday that he was on the verge of resigning, an administration source told ABC News. After Comey's firing Tuesday night, White House officials said President Donald Trump acted on the recommendation of Rosenstein. Rosenstein told Sinclair Broadcast Group today, "No, I'm not quitting."
Deputy AG was on the verge of resigning after WH pinned Comey firing on him

Jeff Sessions already offered to resign.

"WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions offered to resign in recent weeks as he told President Trump he needed the freedom to do his job, according to two people who were briefed on the discussion.

The president turned down the offer, but on Tuesday, the White House declined to say whether Mr. Trump still had confidence in his attorney general.

Mr. Spicer’s remarks came after The New York Times reported that Mr. Trump had vented intermittently about Mr. Sessions since the attorney general recused himself from any Russia-related investigations conducted by the Justice Department. Mr. Trump has fumed to allies and advisers ever since, suggesting that Mr. Sessions’s decision was needless."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/us/politics/jeff-sessions-donald-trump.html?_r=0

It's fairly clear, that Trump thought Jeff Sessions was more of a protector, a shield for HIM rather than an Attorney General of the United States.

Clearly Jeff Sessions had to recuse himself from this Russian investigation--after lying under oath to congress about meeting with the Russian ambassador twice. This country wouldn't have tolerated him being in charge of this investigation. He had to recuse himself. Now there is another alleged meeting with Kuzack that Sessions didn't disclose. If that's true, Sessions will be forced to resign.
Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice
Richard Blumenthal speculates on Sessions' Russia meetings - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
ignorant rethuglicans never let facts get in the way of their emotional trumpswab fantasia :itsok:

The precedents are clear: Disclosures like these are constitutionally protected.

Let’s set the record straight. The vast majority of anonymous leaks are fully legal, many serve the public interest, they follow in a tradition widely practiced by our nation’s Founding Fathers, and they are recognized as fully protected speech by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The law is clear...

Analysis | Were James Comey’s leaks lawful?

Last edited:
propaganda prez is counting on his ignorant parrots to carry on with this "leaker" hysteria side show

Trump fires back on Twitter: 'WOW! Comey is a leaker!'
eb7.png

the entire world is laughing at trump's ignorant political circus :laugh2:

Forum List

Back