Was this kid bullied to death?

Many adolescents do silly things and get caught and they do not commit suicide. This has nothing to do with left or right, but mental health/emotional issues.

Christian Adamek: Boy, 15, kills himself after 'facing expulsion and being put on sex offender registry' for STREAKING at high school football game | Mail Online

All those threats made him kill himself apparently. Why do PC school officials call the cops on kids and make them kill themselves? Won't liberals atop bullying kids?

You're an idiot. The school neither bullied him nor made him kill himself. As pointed out already, kids do stupid shit all the time and don't go an kill themselves when facing the consequences. This kid clearly had mental issues already.

It also said he "could" face expulsion or being placed on a sex offender registry, not that he "would." Personally, I doubt him being registered as a sex offender would have happened.

'mental issues'--that term is tossed around very frequently

From the article he sounded pretty normal. Clearly didn't think through the potential consequences of streaking at a football game--not unusual for adolescents.

Why single out a high school prank? Are the education bureaucrats going crazy? Should we put every actress who likes to bare her body on the sex offender list?

From the article he sounded pretty normal. Clearly didn't think through the potential consequences of streaking at a football game--not unusual for adolescents.

I hardly think that anyone who would take their own life is the picture of mental health.

Oh looky here>>>>NIMH · Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem..:eek: who woulda thunk?

who knows--I didn't feel like reading the link--have heard more fyi than I can process on this topic.

he was ashamed, afraid--so many possibilities.

Why would he feel the need to streak? His twitter friends responded enthusiastically. Did he desperately seek approval?

Armchair psychiatrity--I'm not very good at it.

I hardly think that anyone who would take their own life is the picture of mental health.

Oh looky here>>>>NIMH · Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem..:eek: who woulda thunk?

who knows--I didn't feel like reading the link--have heard more fyi than I can process on this topic.

Why would he feel the need to streak? His twitter friends responded enthusiastically. Did he desperately seek approval?

Why would an adolescent boy need to "streak', do something silly, not think a foolish act through. Because he is an adolescent boy. Many men and women for that matter I know have a story of the same silliness they would not do as an adult. I know I do, but I have not committed suicide over it.

If you care to read it: The Teen Brain: Behavior, Problem Solving, and Decision Making

Why would an adolescent boy need to "streak', do something silly, not think a foolish act through. Because he is an adolescent boy. Many men and women for that matter I know have a story of the same silliness they would not do as an adult. I know I do, but I have not committed suicide over it.

If you care to read it: The Teen Brain: Behavior, Problem Solving, and Decision Making

former middle school teacher, fwiw--as I said, I have read and heard more fyi on related topics than I can process.

I guess I can toss out a theory--worth nothing--good kid--apparently active in Scouts--testing his limits, seeking autonomy--seeking approval of peers--so he streaks. Then reality sets in--might have been overcome at the consequences?? I don't know.

If there are follow up stories--maybe some more accurate explanation can be offered. Maybe he had gender identity issues--to just throw out possibilities. Some sort of issues.

I'm just really tired of all the 'exceptional' stories that are reported daily. HLN just finished 30 minutes or more on a 23 yr old woman who gave birth, tossed the child out the window and went on a date--later felt unwell, probably from giving birth. Others were living in the house--heard nothing. Now waiting on the ME to determine if the child was alive at birth--they will test the lungs. I left the room but returned in time to hear the mother may have frequently used drugs. Sadly--nothing new about stories like this.

9yr old boy who went from Michigan to Las Vegas--parents at a loss on how to parent him.

just tired of all of this sort of thing. There are people who have children and find ways to cope with all manner of challenges--physical, mental and emotional. Every day--they are doing it every day.

If the kid was not given a hard time by his fellow classmates, then no, the boy was not bullied to death. He just decided that he couldn't deal with the possible punishments of the wrong that the school authorities thought that he was guilty of.

God bless you and his family and friends always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if you can't deal with the punishment, don't make the wrong move then. Of course what is considered wrong is the big question.

Last edited:
If the kid was not given a hard time by his fellow classmates, then no, the boy was not bullied to death. He just decided that he couldn't deal with the possible punishments of the wrong that the school authorities thought that he was guilty of.

Holly

P.S. To me, if you can't deal with the punishment, don't make the wrong move then. Of course what is considered wrong is the big question.

this occurred in AL--possible that there was some 'extreme guilt'--sometimes that happens in the Bible Belt.

he is described as kind, intelligent, happy sort of kid by those who knew him.

These days who knows what sort of pressures teenagers and adults are dealing with.
People explain Miley Cyrus as seeking to redefine herself. Maybe that is what he was trying to do.

^^^ Your mention of Miley is what brings me to this question, if she doesn't want to be known for her music anymore, what is the point of her continuing to release albums of her singing still?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As an expert in the field, I can tell you there is nothing political about suicide. Adolescents are not the same as adults when it comes to something like this. Adolescents are typically impulsive and they act on their impulses without giving a thought to the permanency of the consequences, be those consequences something like expulsion from school or death.

When you have a kid who does something impulsive like streaking, when streaking went out decades ago, then the typical authoritarian method of dealing with it is likely to just bring on another impulsive act. Of course the philosophy of education is if you can coach a winning ball team you can run a school system, and most teachers and administrators in the system are nothing but bureaucrats who got through college on the football courses, there just to get their next paycheck so they can buy the latest jewelry and designer clothes. They don't have a clue how to deal with most of the social problems that are presented to them each day.

Last edited:

Holly

this occurred in AL--possible that there was some 'extreme guilt'--sometimes that happens in the Bible Belt.

he is described as kind, intelligent, happy sort of kid by those who knew him.

These days who knows what sort of pressures teenagers and adults are dealing with.
People explain Miley Cyrus as seeking to redefine herself. Maybe that is what he was trying to do.

You know nothing about it.

Why single out a high school prank? Are the education bureaucrats going crazy? Should we put every actress who likes to bare her body on the sex offender list?

Good point.

With that said...shame on the school for going overboard. And I am so sorry for the parents of the kid. And I feel sad how horrible the kid felt for being a kid and the only thing he could think to do to escape the horror of THREATENED of being a sexual offender was to off himself. I lay that directly on the authorities for the threat and the school for being idiots.

Authoritarianism is more prevalent from the right, especially where it regards social issues. The school officials in ALABAMA are more likely from the right wing. Damned shame what happened to that poor kid.

Forum List

Back