Washington Redskins trademark cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a Washington Redskin's fan my entire life. I'm 62 - soon to be 63. If the Redskin's change their name to anything else besides the Washington Redskins I will never watch another football game ever. Those that claim the term "Redskin" is some sort of racist slur need to be slapped silly.

People can debate the name until they're blue in the face.:D However, the government has no fucking business interfering in property rights in such a manner.:mad:

People can debate the name until they're blue in the face.:D However, the government has no fucking business interfering in property rights in such a manner.:mad:

Agreed. Personally I don't like the name, but it's not the government's decision to step in.

I searched first. Saw none. You're free to kiss my ass while you piss and moan

Fuck 'im. The other threads have all gone to hell.

I even scrolled the first page in sports and saw nothing. This ruling just came down today.

There are a couple but at this point they're 3 or 4 people calling each other names. It's all emotion at this point and none of them know what they're talking about. I'm glad you started a new one because I couldn't find a place to chime in in the others.

BTW, has anybody here ever actually MET someone who was "offended" by the name, Washington Redskins?

Aside from liberal whiners who lie as easily as they breathe?

Since polling data has shown that 4 out of 5 people polled support the use of the name, and since only 11% think it should be changed, I doubt this has much to do with liberal whiners. It's funny how right wing nut jobs will use any topic to throw out something they can't stand about those liberal communists, even this. You crack me up. :badgrin:

Fuck 'im. The other threads have all gone to hell.

I even scrolled the first page in sports and saw nothing. This ruling just came down today.

There are a couple but at this point they're 3 or 4 people calling each other names. It's all emotion at this point and none of them know what they're talking about. I'm glad you started a new one because I couldn't find a place to chime in in the others.

Well apparently I deserve some lashings for not being on usmb all day today to notice threads that have sunk to god knows what page.

BTW, has anybody here ever actually MET someone who was "offended" by the name, Washington Redskins?

Aside from liberal whiners who lie as easily as they breathe?

Since polling data has shown that 4 out of 5 people polled support the use of the name, and since only 11% think it should be changed, I doubt this has much to do with liberal whiners. It's funny how right wing nut jobs will use any topic to throw out something they can't stand about those liberal communists, even this. You crack me up. :badgrin:

Harry Reid might be coming for the Blackhawks next just saying.:D

Well apparently I deserve some lashings for not being on usmb all day today to notice threads that have sunk to god knows what page.

Lol well the Redskins will win the appeal just like last time in 3-4 years (it'll linger in court for practically forever). And the name will not change unless people stop buying the product. Which they WON'T because the name is not racist.

As a fan though... I'm almost tired enough of this bullshit for them to just go ahead and change the name. It's sports... It's supposed to be fun and not have any kind of political or social impacts on anything but these assholes have found a steady stream of revenue by insulting the team and its fans. If the name changes the money train stops and then the Oneida Nation Chief won't be able to dick his way into PGA tournaments and the other of his spoils he has no right to.

Well if this name change is forced where does it end? How many sports teams in this nation are culturally based? Too damn many to count. Then we have a couple states names to change. Then regular everyday commodities.

This is nuts

Well if this name change is forced where does it end? How many sports teams in this nation are culturally based? Too damn many to count. Then we have a couple states names to change. Then regular everyday commodities.

This is nuts

I completely agree. It's complete bullshit just read my siggy for the real reason behind this.

I have friends who use the Redskins name to annoy me now not because they give a shit about the term but just because they're being assholes.

Imagine if an asshole Steelers fan was suddenly given the ammo to call your team racist. He's my friend of almost 30 years but SERIOUSLY HE NEEDS TO STFU!!!!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back