Washington Redskins trademark cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, has anybody here ever actually MET someone who was "offended" by the name, Washington Redskins?

Aside from liberal whiners who lie as easily as they breathe?

Since polling data has shown that 4 out of 5 people polled support the use of the name, and since only 11% think it should be changed, I doubt this has much to do with liberal whiners. It's funny how right wing nut jobs will use any topic to throw out something they can't stand about those liberal communists, even this. You crack me up. :badgrin:

Harry Reid might be coming for the Blackhawks next just saying.:D

My money is on the Los Angeles Angels.

is the term redneck trademarked? no

common law trademark? you might want to look into that.

or maybe people should stop going out of their way to be offensive. I don't think anyone would want to see a team called the san diego white trash.

"white trash" and "redskin" are not analagous.

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you. :lol:

:)

peace...

Please tell me what is stupid about that statement, oh wise one?

I don't find trying to stop people from profitting off a racial slur (which it is) is such a bad thing or the death of America.

Fighting Irish isn't a racial slur. Redskins is.

Many disagree, but many have no clue what the common usage of the word has been.

Which is exactly the problem. It doesn't matter what it meant in a different context decades ago. It has meant "a football team" for decades and there was no intent to offend anyone when it was named that. Is this supposed to be some reparations gesture ? Liberals need to quit fucking with our language.

I don't find trying to stop people from profitting off a racial slur (which it is) is such a bad thing or the death of America.

Many disagree, but many have no clue what the common usage of the word has been.

Really?
How many times in your entire life have you or anyone you know referenced a Native American to a Redskin?

He was guilty, the stupid a-hole. And what Pubs and Fox tell you is total bs. The Redskins are a disgrace- this happened before- the TRADEMARK Office says their trademark is offensive. DUH
The Redskins are a disgrace? No...no they are not..
Before this happened...90% of the people talking about this didn't give a shit about this...you didn't either.

It's an ObamaNation you ain't seen nothing yet

the middle east and Iraq is blowing up all around us and this is what OUR GOVERNMENT THINKS important

you people who voted for him should hang your heads in shame
Link to where Obama called this down..I'll wait.

I wouldnt give a shit if the polling data showed 99% of people wanted the owner jailed on charges of hate speech. It is simply an infringement of property rights for the government to strip someone of his property because they deem it offensive.

The Left might need to stop and think about it. What if a future Right to Life supporting President felt that the name "Planned Parenthood" was offensive and his Patent and Trademark Office stripped away its trademark protections?

Red Mesa High school is located on the Navajo Indian Reservation.
Guess what the mascot and logo is? Yep, you guessed it.
REDSKINS
Nearly all the student at the school are Native American.
Has anyone told them that they're being racists using that "slur"?

Red Mesa High School (Teec Nos Pos, AZ) Basketball Home - MaxPreps.com
RMUSD #27 / Red Mesa High School

Last edited:
So what's the new name for redskin potatoes?

Shit

Exactly

th

The "Redskin" name was a tribute to head coach William Henry "Lone Star" Dietz.

Liberals are thin skinned wimps.

Out of all the people who claim to be offended by the Redskin name what percent do you think are truly, honestly, sincerely offended by the name and how many are just on this because it's the trendy topic of the moment? I think 10 maybe 15 percent truly are the rest are not.

Out of all the people who claim to be offended by the Redskin name what percent do you think are truly, honestly, sincerely offended by the name and how many are just on this because it's the trendy topic of the moment? I think 10 maybe 15 percent truly are the rest are not.

I think that it's more like 1% who are really truly offended.

We have turned into the exact type of government that we fought the Revolutionary war over, where the minority ruled over the majority and that is tyranny.

Last edited:

Oh, I think its the politicians who are offended. They want people to think they are sensitive to the plight of the native american and if that means weirding out at someone using the name Redskins, well, then, do it.

I believe the Washington Redskins is a wonderful name that is a tribute to the Native American. When I lived in NM, I dealt with a number of Indian Reservations...none of the people I spoke with were offended by the name...and being in Dallas country, that is saying a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back