Wasn't todays Congressional hearing supposed to be about the Russian's involvement in our election?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Maybe I have it wrong, but I was thinking this was going t be about those dirty Russians trying to interfere with our election. Anyone else have that impression? To my knowledge, there were few questions regarding this.

This is what I learned in connection to Russia...
1. Trump was not under investigation in the Russian affair...
2. Trump never asked about the investigation or to end it.
2. However Trump repeatedly asked if he was a subject in the investigation regarding Russian supposed attempts.

All day for that? Where is the bombshell? And that came from Comey's mouth.

Okay, what did we learn other than that? That large part of the hearing was about Comey being a)stunned, b)timid c) maybe wrong on his impressions.

And then we learned he was intimidated by Trump when he asked for Comey's loyalty and he was stunned and wasn't sure how to answer that. So he finally answered that Trump has Comey's "honest loyalty."

Strangely, Trump never asked how the Russian investigation was going...nothing about it at all. Never asked to end it. Nada. But he DID say he looked forward to the conclusion of that investigation to determine if any of his associates were involved. That, my friends is reasonable. He wanted to know if the leaker was in WH administration.

What was on Trump's mind? General Flynn. Several times he mentioned he was a good guy and he hoped that it would be over soon. Note that he said HOPED...never told him to end that investigation as well.

Okay there has to be a bombshell on Trump some where. Ah, yes. He asked Comey if he intended to stay on as FBI Director and this last statement to Comey on the last meeting was, "I Iook forward to working with you." How dare he???!!!!

Oh yes, forgot about the notes made after his meetings with Trump. ALL of them. That is curious. He had six (?) meetings with Trump and started documenting after the first one? He felt the need but never approached the Attorney General that he was being "threatened?" For what? Ending the Russian Investigation? Trump never brought it up! Isn't this about the Russian Connection? What happened with that? Oh, that was put aside since Comey put out his Prepared Speech for the record the day before. What a stroke of luck. He derailed an probable innocent exchange about the Russian Connection.

And he alerted the Democrats the day earlier that this hearing should be that Trump was mean to him as described earlier and intimidated him. Prepare your questions, Democrats, the target is now not the Russian Connection but I was stunned and intimidated and didn't know what to say! He fired me and I want him to pay!

What a brilliant deflection James. Nicely played! But it also made you look like a weak Director who didn't know what to do when he felt intimidated by the president. The FBI didn't know the protocol? C'mon!

And the Director was the leaker??? He didn't have the balls to put it out there himself. What a pathetic speciman for Director of the FBI!

It's true that Trump has made mistakes in protocol but he wasn't a politician and and there is a learning curve for him, just as there is for most presidents.

So what we learned today is nothing about the Russian Connection bjut a lot about the former FBI Director.

What was the real reason for Comey to go through a third person for his leak efforts?

What was the real reason leaked these papers the day before the hearings?

If something was said inappropriate, why didn't he tell that to Trump? I would have loved that answer.

Well, we learned that while Trump was not the subject of the investigations then...he most likely is now.

He was asked and pretty much answered he didn't tell him or any of his administration.
What was the real reason for Comey to go through a third person for his leak efforts?

What was the real reason leaked these papers the day before the hearings?

If something was said inappropriate, why didn't he tell that to Trump? I would have loved that answer.

THEY HAD A CHANCE when Comey admitted the investigation is about both Rep and Dems concerns on Russian interference and not about collusion.
He discussed the importance of finding out how what and why for future protection and yet no-one I know of (might have missed it)
Asked Comey At that point :
"then why aren't you investigating Mexico's interference with the Election?"

Trump Commission on Voter Fraud
Who's falling asleep there, why not ask that serious question, why is there only one country concern except to admit this is a ruse, a giant scam excuse for them to spy on the opponent in the greatest abuse of power illegal spying for political advantage scandal since Watergate.

Witch hunt exposed

New narrative about Trump coming soon

:popcorn:

Today the disgraced ex director of the Federal BI ADMITTED that he was a leaker to the media

:smh:

Here I thought they were supposed to be investigating leakers to find out who they were. Silly me.

Maybe I have it wrong, but I was thinking this was going t be about those dirty Russians trying to interfere with our election. Anyone else have that impression? To my knowledge, there were few questions regarding this.

2. However Trump repeatedly asked if he was a subject in the investigation regarding Russian supposed attempts.

Okay, what did we learn other than that? That large part of the hearing was about Comey being a)stunned, b)timid c) maybe wrong on his impressions.

And then we learned he was intimidated by Trump when he asked for Comey's loyalty and he was stunned and wasn't sure how to answer that. So he finally answered that Trump has Comey's "honest loyalty."

Strangely, Trump never asked how the Russian investigation was going...nothing about it at all. Never asked to end it. Nada. But he DID say he looked forward to the conclusion of that investigation to determine if any of his associates were involved. That, my friends is reasonable. He wanted to know if the leaker was in WH administration.

What was on Trump's mind? General Flynn. Several times he mentioned he was a good guy and he hoped that it would be over soon. Note that he said HOPED...never told him to end that investigation as well.

Okay there has to be a bombshell on Trump some where. Ah, yes. He asked Comey if he intended to stay on as FBI Director and this last statement to Comey on the last meeting was, "I Iook forward to working with you." How dare he???!!!!

Oh yes, forgot about the notes made after his meetings with Trump. ALL of them. That is curious. He had six (?) meetings with Trump and started documenting after the first one? He felt the need but never approached the Attorney General that he was being "threatened?" For what? Ending the Russian Investigation? Trump never brought it up! Isn't this about the Russian Connection? What happened with that? Oh, that was put aside since Comey put out his Prepared Speech for the record the day before. What a stroke of luck. He derailed an probable innocent exchange about the Russian Connection.

And he alerted the Democrats the day earlier that this hearing should be that Trump was mean to him as described earlier and intimidated him. Prepare your questions, Democrats, the target is now not the Russian Connection but I was stunned and intimidated and didn't know what to say! He fired me and I want him to pay!

What a brilliant deflection James. Nicely played! But it also made you look like a weak Director who didn't know what to do when he felt intimidated by the president. The FBI didn't know the protocol? C'mon!

And the Director was the leaker??? He didn't have the balls to put it out there himself. What a pathetic speciman for Director of the FBI!

It's true that Trump has made mistakes in protocol but he wasn't a politician and and there is a learning curve for him, just as there is for most presidents.

So what we learned today is nothing about the Russian Connection bjut a lot about the former FBI Director.

Mistakes in protocol? Ordering someone to end an investigation into Flynn's connections to the Russians isn't a 'matter of protocol'. Firing the FBI director because of the Russia Investigation isn't a 'mistake of protocol'. Demanding personal loyalty from the FBI director isn't a 'mistake of protocol'.

2 of the 3 are the basis of an obstruction of justice investigation. The 3rd is merely deeply disturbing.

Mistakes in protocol? Ordering someone to end an investigation into Flynn's connections to the Russians isn't a 'matter of protocol'. Firing the FBI director because of the Russia Investigation isn't a 'mistake of protocol'. Demanding personal loyalty from the FBI director isn't a 'mistake of protocol'.

2 of the 3 are the basis of an obstruction of justice investigation. The 3rd is merely deeply disturbing.
Perhaps I worded that poorly. What I meant was that if a Director or other authority figure in the government felt threatened, he or she should go up the chain to report it. He did not follow that protocol.

Perhaps I worded that poorly. What I meant was that if a Director or other authority figure in the government felt threatened, he or she should go up the chain to report it. He did not follow that protocol.

Comey reported these conversations to the Department of Justice. They already have records of his notes, as he gave them copies.

Comey did exactly what you're claiming he was supposed to do.

And Trump fired him anyway.

Comey reported these conversations to the Department of Justice. They already have records of his notes, as he gave them copies.

Comey did exactly what you're claiming he was supposed to do.

And Trump fired him anyway.
I saw the hearing and I heard him say he did NOT go to the AJ (Sessions) because he was going to recuse himself in a couple of weeks. He went to other FBI agents, but not a high up .

Forum List

Back