Watch Online: The Million people march in Paris

Estimates are not at well over 1,500,000 in Paris and another 1.5 millions in cities and towns outside of Paris.

There have also been demonstrations elsewhere:

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 32.jpg

This has been seen a lot today in Germany. The text you see is Article 5 of the German Constitution, the German equivalent of our 1st Amendment: Jeder hat das Recht, seine Meinung in Wort, Schrift und Bild frei zu äußern und zu verbreiten. Each person has the right to express and disseminate his opinion in speech, writing and images.

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 33.jpg

This is outside of the French Embassy in Berlin. "We are all Charlie".

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 34.jpg

Three men in Berlin, in solidarity at a large demo at the Pariser Platz, running simultaneously with the DEMO in Paris.

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 35.jpg

That is Pariser Platz. In the background: the Brandenburg Gate.

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 36.jpg

A supporter in Moscow.

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 37 Erlangen.jpg

'Back to Germany: that pic is from a smaller East German town called Erlangen. Bill Clinton visited Erlangen in the late 1990s as President.
Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 38.jpg

I am not sure where this is from. Anyone recognize this school?

Terror grips france - Sunday DEMO 39.jpg

Expression of sorrow in Germany. The city is not indicated, but I think it is Berlin.

My wife makes a point.... What better place for a terrorist? to which I replied, "If I even remotely looked Middle Eastern, I would be in hiding today."

My wife makes a point.... What better place for a terrorist? to which I replied, "If I even remotely looked Middle Eastern, I would be in hiding today."

Perhaps. And yet, many Jews look very "middle-eastern".

There have been a number of Islamic groups that have participated in the rallies throughout Europe. I am not going to make a value judgement about it, just recognize it as fact.

Yes, what better place for a terrorist attack, where are those radical Muslims now?

...a peaceful demonstration indeed. Our USA protesters should be so well mannered.

Forum List

Back