Watch Online: The Million people march in Paris

Lisbon, Portugal:

PORTUGAL%20FRANCIA%20ATENTADO

My wife makes a point.... What better place for a terrorist? to which I replied, "If I even remotely looked Middle Eastern, I would be in hiding today."

Perhaps. And yet, many Jews look very "middle-eastern".

There have been a number of Islamic groups that have participated in the rallies throughout Europe. I am not going to make a value judgement about it, just recognize it as fact.
No doubt....

And I would hope that Muslims speak out against terrorist acts. In my opinion, that has happened way to seldom.

I guess another God just got killed. Yet the children killed in Palestine, so what. Life amazes me.

These protests are meaningless until we see physical action being taken against Muslims in Western nations. That means cancelling their citizenships and forcibly removing them.

France24 is reporting that the rally is the most peaceful rally in recorded history in France and that people do not want to leave the Place de la Nation. This may go way into the night. The crowd went WILD with applause when the police helicopters did a pass-in-review over the Place de la nation. In fact, although the rally has officially ended, the crowd continues to grow.

The Jewish community of Paris is just about to start a memorial service, not only for the 4 French Jewish citizens, but for all 17 who died, including the French policeman who was a muslim. Most all of the dignitaries who were at the rally are also at the memorial service. The Service is taking place at the Grand Synagogue of Paris, which was closed on Friday (Shabbat) by the police as a precaution in the wake of the sieges on Friday.

On French TV, I now see a sea of Kippahs! :D

CNN just reported Eric Holder did not attend #ParisMarch because he was attending high level meetings. With whom? Everyone was at rally.

— Dana French (@DanaBordeaux) January 11, 2015

I am being told that spontaneous "je suis charlie" events have happened all over Europe and I bet, also within our United States - some so spontaneous that they have not even been reported yet. Surely, more iconic photos are to follow. But I would say that the breadth and depth of this outpouring of support for FREEDOM AGAINST TERRORISM is something that those islamic terrorists did not reckon with. We saw far more than 1,000,000 people of all stripes, peacefully gathering together today in Paris, France, with similar "rallies" across France, the Benelux countries, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, the Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, just to name some.

So, and with this graphic, I complete my participation on this fine thread for toda, with many thanks to Lipush for having started it.

I think that this graphic kind of says it all:

150107204800-je-suis-charlie-cartoon-tom-foreman-super-169.jpg

Last edited:
Merkel and Hollande dont really support the rallies but they have to be there or they are done. Fact I think they've both made comments alrdy about islam not being the problem...I know Hollande has

Forum List

Back