šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Watching the Super Bowl.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. Iā€™ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europeā€™s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that ā€œall men are created equalā€. Itā€™s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term ā€œmenā€ in an all-embracing sense; they didnā€™t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasnā€™t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates Americaā€™s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinskyā€™s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Whoā€™s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

Last edited:
I cancelled my Sunday ticket. Iā€™ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Not sure what a sunday ticket is, but I'll be watching the SB because I enjoy the event and am curious to see how it goes, but in a way that can't be registered with the NFL as a viewer, so my watching will not affect / improve their ratings. Football is great. The NFL / Roger Goodell suck donkey dick.

Iā€™m one game away from a perfect season. Iā€™m 0 for however many games are on over a season. Not screwing it up now.

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. Iā€™ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europeā€™s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that ā€œall men are created equalā€. Itā€™s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term ā€œmenā€ in an all-embracing sense; they didnā€™t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasnā€™t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates Americaā€™s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinskyā€™s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Whoā€™s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

What in the wide world of fuck does the Stupor Bowl have to do with "Politics"?

Get some air dood. Them paint fumes are gettin' to ya.

aking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

WOW dood :cuckoo:

I don't like taking a knee either. I think it's a cheap way to run out the clock. But what the fuck it has to do with any civil war or Abraham Lincoln baffles the fuck outta me.

later on, you should set yourself on fire and wait for roger goodell to die of smoke inhalation.

it's just as effective, and the rest of us won't have to listen to you whine while we're trying to watch the game

• Banned

Taking a knee is a political statement.

I cancelled my Sunday ticket. Iā€™ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Not sure what a sunday ticket is, but I'll be watching the SB because I enjoy the event and am curious to see how it goes, but in a way that can't be registered with the NFL as a viewer, so my watching will not affect / improve their ratings. Football is great. The NFL / Roger Goodell suck donkey dick.

I suspect it's their internet subscription like other sports have where you pay-per-view, or buy a package and stream it.

I'll need to find some avenue to watch it since I don't have TV. Normally I wouldn't but my Iggles are in it. :eusa_dance: Might have to end up at the local sports bar.

I really don't give a FF what shows up in anybody's ratings though. I'm far more concerned with tuning out the commercials.

• Banned

Taking a Knee is a political statement in front of a huge crowd that is there for sports.

Sunday Ticket is a package by Direct TV that allows the viewer to watch all of the games.

Taking a Knee is a political statement in front of a huge crowd that is there for sports.

Is it.

And what "political statement" is that? What "statement" does it make?

Curious, concern about a 'political statement' in a game between the Patriots and the Eagles.
Not to mention what's supposed to be a sports event taking an immediate diversion to a national anthem before it even starts.

Last edited:
I find the NFL boring and I do not care about either team in the SB so I will not be watching. Maybe there will be some reruns of Forged in Fire on!

I'm not watching it and I am done with THE NFL. The people playing that game, and the owners, and executives DO NOT REPRESENT my beliefs, and in fact go out of their way to insult my beliefs.

Life Long NFL FAN now on a LIFE LONG BAN of THE NFL.

I'm not watching it and I am done with THE NFL. The people playing that game, and the owners, and executives DO NOT REPRESENT my beliefs, and in fact go out of their way to insult my beliefs.

Life Long NFL FAN now on a LIFE LONG BAN of THE NFL.

Hate to break this to ya but sports has never been there to "represent your beliefs". That's what Congress is for.

I find the NFL boring and I do not care about either team in the SB so I will not be watching. Maybe there will be some reruns of Forged in Fire on!

That would be my attitude in a normal year. I can't stand all the overhype, it's just not worth the aggravation. But this year I have a dog in the hunt, literally ;)

Last time I watched the SB it was the Saints, since I was connected with that city. Absent that link, I don't care. Same with the Whirled Series.

I have to explain the post? That's sad.

I have to explain the post? That's sad.

Oh I suspect I already know what the explanation is.

I just want to see you try to articulate it. In other words you're not getting off the hook that easy--- you have to make your case.

LOL poor Ray9 or is that Eric Hoffer. It is hard to sum up how dumb much of this sounds, I'm gonna cut off my nose to spite those who exercise their constitutional right to knee at a game. And they're all spoiled too. Ray that was one mumble jumble of thoughts.

"The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without." Eric Hoffer

LOL poor Ray9 or is that Eric Hoffer. It is hard to sum up how dumb much of this sounds, I'm gonna cut off my nose to spite those who exercise their constitutional right to knee at a game. And they're all spoiled too. Ray that was one mumble jumble of thoughts.

"The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without." Eric Hoffer

Gang Green, Midcan! :eusa_dance:
"Out with the old, in with the new; get used to the green 'cause it's the new blue".

You would think if the armed services were so upset over this kneeling the AFN wouldn't air the Super Bowl or the playoff games. And yet...

Forum List

Back