🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Watching the Super Bowl.

This is a very scary society. It's almost like people are under some kind of a spell.

You would think if the armed services were so upset over this kneeling the AFN wouldn't air the Super Bowl or the playoff games. And yet...

They do not care, they just want the entertainment. While stationed in Japan the best part of the Super Bowl was that it was on Monday morning! And most COs would let you come in after it was over or they would set up TVs in the hangar and we all would watch...but sadly no beer.

I find the NFL boring and I do not care about either team in the SB so I will not be watching. Maybe there will be some reruns of Forged in Fire on!

Forged in Fire is a great show. It's amazing how the contestant bladesmiths can take all types of raw materials and forge them into lethal weapons. I won't watch the Super Bowl either. I will be content to find out the final score.

This is a very scary society. It's almost like people are under some kind of a spell.

That's right. A lot plays into it, including:

24/7 gadgets
Gadgets replacing basic thought patterns required for survival
Loss of touch with basic animal functions because of a virtual world
24/7 propaganda & thought police
Pampered public
Lazy public, both physically and mentally
Responsibility displacement (personal to govt.)
Creativity displaced by high tech (music & entertainment)
PC (builds dishonesty and fragility)
Over-population
Poor leadership and role models
Too many followers and too few leaders. Lack of originality and independent thought.
Contrary thought
Assault on basic principles, history, culture and tradition
Emphasizing and promoting division

Sure sounds pessimistic, but I tag it realistic.

Last edited:
AFL! AFL! Screw all this noise.... I don't mind blacks taking a knee to protest police brutality against them which I'm sure exists. The right-wing should shut the hell up. It's not a protest against the flag or the anthem or the military or the police as a whole....

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. I’ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europe’s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that “all men are created equal”. It’s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term “men” in an all-embracing sense; they didn’t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasn’t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates America’s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Who’s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.
I'm not watching it and I am done with THE NFL. The people playing that game, and the owners, and executives DO NOT REPRESENT my beliefs, and in fact go out of their way to insult my beliefs.

Life Long NFL FAN now on a LIFE LONG BAN of THE NFL.
Good. We didn't want you anyway. So there. :tongue-44:

You would think if the armed services were so upset over this kneeling the AFN wouldn't air the Super Bowl or the playoff games. And yet...

They do not care, they just want the entertainment. While stationed in Japan the best part of the Super Bowl was that it was on Monday morning! And most COs would let you come in after it was over or they would set up TVs in the hangar and we all would watch...but sadly no beer.
If they watch Fox or listen to Rush etc etc, they are probably outraged and full of hate. LOL and arrrggghhh.

If they watch Fox or listen to Rush etc etc, they are probably outraged and full of hate. LOL and arrrggghhh.
And yes CNN and MSNBC are a gabfest disgrace to but at least not bulshit hate propaganda. Our media sucks, misses the point, refuses to discuss policy in depth or who's right or what's going on in the world, just sit around and talk about Trump and the horse race with ridiculous headlines to get clicks and ratings... Al Jazeera has many more foreign offices and reporters and Camera Crews than our entire media.

You can see the same thing in the hype about the Patriots cheating. Probably no more than others it doesn't make any difference anyway LOL

There is something people can do to counter the Alinsky-effect of Knee taking at the Super bowl. Advertisers need as many eyeballs on their products as possible. Viewers can have a profound impact on political statements at sporting events by not watching any coverage leading up to the actual broadcast especially same day coverage.

In addition people can time the start of the game when real play begins and not turn on the game until then. Millions in advertising revenue will be wasted because fewer eyes will be on it.

Once the game begins hit the mute button on your remote every time a commercial comes on.

Write down the products that are advertised and then boycott those products.

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. I’ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europe’s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that “all men are created equal”. It’s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term “men” in an all-embracing sense; they didn’t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasn’t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates America’s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Who’s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

Being from the Philly I have only one thing to say E A G L E S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not watching it and I am done with THE NFL. The people playing that game, and the owners, and executives DO NOT REPRESENT my beliefs, and in fact go out of their way to insult my beliefs.

Hate to break this to ya but sports has never been there to "represent your beliefs". That's what Congress is for.

It has since I was growing up. RICK Monday 1976...the bicentennial year..

40-years-ago-today-cubs-centerfielder-rick-monday-saved-an-20845323.png

There is something people can do to counter the Alinsky-effect of Knee taking at the Super bowl. Advertisers need as many eyeballs on their products as possible. Viewers can have a profound impact on political statements at sporting events by not watching any coverage leading up to the actual broadcast especially same day coverage.

In addition people can time the start of the game when real play begins and not turn on the game until then. Millions in advertising revenue will be wasted because fewer eyes will be on it.

Once the game begins hit the mute button on your remote every time a commercial comes on.

Write down the products that are advertised and then boycott those products.
I haven't seen any attention paid to who is kneeling since Trump made a big deal out of it... But by all means carry on with the outrage LOL... Dupe.

I don't like the kneeling...but I don't find it much of an issue when only a handful of idiots choose to do this. If I ignore it then it goes away. It does not affect me nor does it hurt the nation and I don't look blindly through red white and blue glasses understanding full well that while it's people today are what make it great there are also numerous faults. Needless to say I respect it but do not follow blindly because some talk show host on either side tells me to for they do far more damage than a few misguided kneelers. While all this occurs the uber wealthy laugh at the rest of us all the way to the bank.

Taking a knee is a political statement.

What in the wide world of fuck does the Stupor Bowl have to do with "Politics"?

Get some air dood. Them paint fumes are gettin' to ya.

Taking a Knee is a political statement in front of a huge crowd that is there for sports.

Is it.

And what "political statement" is that? What "statement" does it make?

Curious, concern about a 'political statement' in a game between the Patriots and the Eagles.
Not to mention what's supposed to be a sports event taking an immediate diversion to a national anthem before it even starts.

Good to know you're so plugged into current events.

Rush used to be on AFN radio as last as the early 90s, not sure if that is the case anymore, not even sure if AFN radio exist anymore.

I will probably go see Darkest Hour on superbowl Sunday the taking a knee stuff is part of the reason but also because I don't care for either team and because IMO the quality of play in the NFL has been going down for a few years now. You still get some high quality games but more and more it's two medicore teams playing sloppy football.

Hate to break this to ya but sports has never been there to "represent your beliefs". That's what Congress is for.

It has since I was growing up. RICK Monday 1976...the bicentennial year..

View attachment 173275

Yes, but we didn't have so many idiots back then.

You''re right. And it's been that way so long it almost appears as if it's the way it should be.

Not unlike the spell people were under a hundred years ago when the national anthem started getting trotted out at sports events, people were getting deported and thrown in jail for refusing to kiss a flag, and dachshunds would be ripped from thier owners' arms and stoned to death in the street simply because "Dachshund" is a German word.

The price of mob mentality and group coercion.

That's right. A lot plays into it, including:

Contrary thought.....

I think that says it all right there.

Forum List

Back