🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Watching the Super Bowl.

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. I’ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europe’s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that “all men are created equal”. It’s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term “men” in an all-embracing sense; they didn’t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasn’t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates America’s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

Taking a knee is a political statement.
The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Who’s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.

What in the wide world of fuck does the Stupor Bowl have to do with "Politics"?

Get some air dood. Them paint fumes are gettin' to ya.

Taking a Knee is a political statement in front of a huge crowd that is there for sports.

Is it.

And what "political statement" is that? What "statement" does it make?

Curious, concern about a 'political statement' in a game between the Patriots and the Eagles.
Not to mention what's supposed to be a sports event taking an immediate diversion to a national anthem before it even starts.

Good to know you're so plugged into current events.

Good to know you're a fan of the "everybody knows" fallacy.

There is something people can do to counter the Alinsky-effect of Knee taking at the Super bowl. Advertisers need as many eyeballs on their products as possible. Viewers can have a profound impact on political statements at sporting events by not watching any coverage leading up to the actual broadcast especially same day coverage.

In addition people can time the start of the game when real play begins and not turn on the game until then. Millions in advertising revenue will be wasted because fewer eyes will be on it.

Once the game begins hit the mute button on your remote every time a commercial comes on.

Write down the products that are advertised and then boycott those products.

Oh flaming bullshit. You didn't even know the NFL played the national anthem before some reporter made a Kaepernick story out of it, and you never heard of Bo Belinsky until Glenn Beck dredged him up out of obscurity. Just come off it with this fake-ass more-patriotic-than-thou horseshit. It ain't fooling ANYBODY.

If you need something to whine about --- whine about the billions of taxpayer dollars the USG has been spending on these fake patriotism displays in sports, apparently all too effectively, selling THAT product. *THERE* is your 'boycott".

SMH

I cancelled my Sunday Ticket. I’ll be watching the Super bowl by not turning it on until the first play.

Baby Boomers have always been schooled to believe that America is a special place unlike any other on the planet. Human history is replete with examples of an intellectual elite rising to a corrupt pinnacle and oppressing the masses. Europe’s bloody wars had been recurring events for millennia before American settlers freed themselves from the yoke of British domination. The founding fathers of the United States realized this and so crafted a Declaration of Independence that included the statement that “all men are created equal”. It’s a broad statement that recognized a basic right of all human beings to self-determination.

When Thomas Jefferson with the assistance of Benjamin Franklin issued this proclamation they used the term “men” in an all-embracing sense; they didn’t mean just males nor did they mean just white males. Though slavery was common in those times it wasn’t a recent manifestation. Slavery of all types had existed for many centuries and African slavery initiated and managed by African royalty was no exception. This in no way mitigates America’s role in the slave trade but it does explain how millions of African Americans made their way to the continent.

The African born-into-slavery blight of America was a direct result of the greed of tobacco and cotton growers almost exclusively in the southern states. The northern states quickly recognized the similarity between slavery and British oppression and moved to abolish slavery early on. This led to a civil war that was nearly catastrophic to a young nation. Millions of Anglo Americans died fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with northern blacks in battles against their southern brethren to free all of the black people from the imposed servitude they themselves had escaped not that long before.

In 1969 at Woodstock Abbey Hoffman, no doubt with a prototype of Saul Alinsky’s Rules for radicals in his pocket, jumped on stage and grabbed a microphone to politicize the event by making use of a ready-made crowd. He was summarily plowed off the stage by the Who’s Pete Townshend with a guitar.

Today America has a factionalized, spoiled population. Taking a knee at the Super Bowl is an affront to all those who died in the Civil War. Such a demonstration is a celebration of Saul Alinsky. Players should proudly stand and celebrate Abraham Lincoln.
I'm not watching it and I am done with THE NFL. The people playing that game, and the owners, and executives DO NOT REPRESENT my beliefs, and in fact go out of their way to insult my beliefs.

Life Long NFL FAN now on a LIFE LONG BAN of THE NFL.

Hate to break this to ya but sports has never been there to "represent your beliefs". That's what Congress is for.

It has since I was growing up. RICK Monday 1976...the bicentennial year..

No idea wtf that means. Rick Monday -- Dodgers. First baseman (?) Decent hitter. Pretty sure he's retired. Doesn't address the post.

There is something people can do to counter the Alinsky-effect of Knee taking at the Super bowl. Advertisers need as many eyeballs on their products as possible. Viewers can have a profound impact on political statements at sporting events by not watching any coverage leading up to the actual broadcast especially same day coverage.

In addition people can time the start of the game when real play begins and not turn on the game until then. Millions in advertising revenue will be wasted because fewer eyes will be on it.

Once the game begins hit the mute button on your remote every time a commercial comes on.

Oh flaming bullshit. You didn't even know the NFL played the national anthem before some reporter made a Kaepernick story out of it, and you never heard of Bo Belinsky until Glenn Beck dredged him up out of obscurity. Just come off it with this fake-ass more-patriotic-than-thou horseshit. It ain't fooling ANYBODY.

If you need something to whine about --- whine about the billions of taxpayer dollars the USG has been spending on these fake patriotism displays in sports, apparently all too effectively, selling THAT product. *THERE* is your 'boycott".

SMH
What did Glenn Beck say about Bo Belinsky? I tried Googling it and there was nothing.

As far as the NFL representing one's political views, I'm sure there's plenty of GOP owners but they couldn't stand a boycott by black players, and this mess is all due to grandstanding by Trump and of course the loud mouth racist GOP propaganda machine...

We got it. You're against the 1st amendment and still sucking Trump's balls.
Loud and clear.
Go Eagles.

What in the wide world of fuck does the Stupor Bowl have to do with "Politics"?

Get some air dood. Them paint fumes are gettin' to ya.

Taking a Knee is a political statement in front of a huge crowd that is there for sports.

Is it.

And what "political statement" is that? What "statement" does it make?

Curious, concern about a 'political statement' in a game between the Patriots and the Eagles.
Not to mention what's supposed to be a sports event taking an immediate diversion to a national anthem before it even starts.

Good to know you're so plugged into current events.

Good to know you're a fan of the "everybody knows" fallacy.

Yup, guess I forgot how little you do know...dumbass.

SMH
What did Glenn Beck say about Bo Belinsky? I tried Googling it and there was nothing.

As far as the NFL representing one's political views, I'm sure there's plenty of GOP owners but they couldn't stand a boycott by black players, and this mess is all due to grandstanding by Trump and of course the loud mouth racist GOP propaganda machine...

I'm just riffing on the obscurity of Alinsky by substituting his name with a more famous one.

Forum List

Back