Water of Life

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
This recipe was obtained by a farmer in Falkreath and is said to restore full health. The Nord's cure all.

2 tsp. fennel seeds
2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 TBS. juniper berries
1 sprig dill
4 cups vodka

In a small saute pan or skillet, toast the fennel and caraway seeds until they are lightly browned and smell fragrant. Add the seeds and the remaining ingredients to a jug and seal the top. Let steep for 2-3 days.

I received The Elder Scrolls Official Cookbook Recipes from Skyrim, Morrowind, and across Tamril.

Yay!

This recipe was obtained by a farmer in Falkreath and is said to restore full health. The Nord's cure all.

2 tsp. fennel seeds
2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 TBS. juniper berries
1 sprig dill
4 cups vodka

In a small saute pan or skillet, toast the fennel and caraway seeds until they are lightly browned and smell fragrant. Add the seeds and the remaining ingredients to a jug and seal the top. Let steep for 2-3 days.

I received The Elder Scrolls Official Cookbook Recipes from Skyrim, Morrowind, and across Tamril.

Yay!
Aquavit--the water of life--dunno about restore to full health..but drink too much...and you'll feel like the walking dead!

The word aquavit derives from the Latin aqua vitae, "water of life." Compare the word whiskey, from Gaelic uisce beatha, which has the same meaning. Likewise, clear fruit brandy is called "eau de vie" (French for "water of life").

2 tsp. fennel seeds
2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 TBS. juniper berries
1 sprig dill
4 cups vodka

Yay!
Aquavit--the water of life--dunno about restore to full health..but drink too much...and you'll feel like the walking dead!

The word aquavit derives from the Latin aqua vitae, "water of life." Compare the word whiskey, from Gaelic uisce beatha, which has the same meaning. Likewise, clear fruit brandy is called "eau de vie" (French for "water of life").
That's where it came from? How freaking cool is that?

I don't think you drink all four cups at once. I mean I guess for "medicinal" purposes one could.

I don't think you drink all four cups at once. I mean I guess for "medicinal" purposes one could.
Aquavit is a great cooking ingredient. Also some very different cocktails

1608940639548.png

Norwegian Wood

Ingredients

US|METRIC

1 SERVINGS

• 1 ounce aquavit
  • 1 ounce applejack (Laird's)
  • 0.75 ounces sweet vermouth
  • 0.25 ounces yellow chartreuse
  • 1 dash Angostura bitters
  • lemon twist (Garnish:, optional)

Aquavit is a great cooking ingredient. Also some very different cocktails

View attachment 433402

Norwegian Wood

Ingredients

US|METRIC

1 SERVINGS

• 1 ounce aquavit
  • 1 ounce applejack (Laird's)
  • 0.75 ounces sweet vermouth
  • 0.25 ounces yellow chartreuse
  • 1 dash Angostura bitters
  • lemon twist (Garnish:, optional)
That sounds better than the recipe than the "Water of Life" recipe for Skyrim. I'm just kind of bummed that there was this other drink out there this whole time that was modeled on it. I could have been an alcoholic way before the one I am going to be with the book.

Wasn't their average life expectancy about 39 ?
Orkey (Old Knocker):
God of mortality, Orkey combines aspects of Mauloch and Arkay. He is a "loan-god" for the Nords, who seem to have taken up his worship during Aldmeri rule of Atmora. Nords believe they once lived as long as Elves until Orkey appeared; through heathen trickery, he fooled them into a bargain that "bound them to the count of winters." At one time, legends say, Nords only had a lifespan of six years due to Orkey's foul magic. Then Shor showed up and, through unknown means, removed the curse, throwing most of it onto the nearby Orcs.

Forum List

Back