Wave Goodbye: The list of firearm manufacturers fleeing gun control states

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Amongst the companies that have chosen to relocate is Magpul Industries of Erie, Colo., a manufacturer of AR-15 parts, accessories and magazines.

<SNIP>

Another refugee is Kahr Arms of Rockland County, N.Y. Following New York’s enactment of the so-called S.A.F.E. Act, Kahr announced that it would be moving some of its operations from the Empire State to more gun–friendly Pennsylvania.

<SNIP>

PTR Industries, a maker of semiautomatic rifles in Bristol, Conn., has also chosen to move. In reaction to Connecticut’s recently enacted legislation, the company confirmed in June that it would be moving to Aynor, S.C. Similarly, fellow Connecticut gun maker Stag Arms and the Palmetto State have shown mutual interest.

Other manufacturers, such as Sturm, Ruger & Company and Beretta, have sought out firearm friendly states for their expansion plans, with Ruger opening a new plant in North Carolina. Even Remington, which has built firearms in Ilion, New York, for over 150 years, is reported to be looking to move part or all of that operation to a gun-friendly state.

In light of all these changes, Negri and fellow colleagues started the “Move to Missouri” initiative. The project will offer land, and potentially tax and legislation aid, to firearm manufacturers who make the move. The three pieces of land come with a no-charge lease for 20 years, in parcels of 6, 38 and 100 acres. The Missouri House of Representatives recently gave preliminary approval to a tax credit bill to help ease the financial strain for relocating companies.

Best thread ever.

I know!

So great you had to post in it.

I hope some of the awesome rubs off on you...:D

When Kahr finishes it's move, I'll buy that Parkerized 1911 I've been eyeing.

16100.jpg

Auto Ordnance 1911A1 WWII .45 Parkerized $516.00 SHIPS FREE

Last edited:

Gun Makers: Free land up for grabs in Missouri said:
... But Missouri isn’t the only state vying for gun manufacturers, the biggest contender being Texas.

Missouri. Not quite as stupid as Texas but we're trying.

Stupidty is thinking that banning law abiding citizens from owning firearms will somehow stop that gang banger from shooting up a street corner.

Let these states governments take care of their residents they want to drive businesses out...

the people living there should camp out on their Representatives lawns until they FIND THEM a job

Last edited:

Stupidty is thinking that banning law abiding citizens from owning firearms will somehow stop that gang banger from shooting up a street corner.

I never brought-up the issue of gang-banging but, because you did, I'll have to disagree. Eventually, severe restrictions of the gun market will reduce the number of street corner shoot-ups. It's a economic certainty. As guns become more expensive, gang banger access to them will diminish.

I never brought-up the issue of gang-banging but, because you did, I'll have to disagree. Eventually, severe restrictions of the gun market will reduce the number of street corner shoot-ups. It's a economic certainty. As guns become more expensive, gang banger access to them will diminish.

Or people will start making them, as your ban will do nothing to decrease demand.

Bans have work soooo well for drugs.

/sarcasm.

Or people will start making them, as your ban will do nothing to decrease demand.

/sarcasm.

An illegal market in guns would be much more difficult to operate than an illegal market in drugs. I will admit, however, that illicitly manufactured guns would find their way to purchasers. Just like all crime, we'd have to deal with the traffic.

/sarcasm.

An illegal market in guns would be much more difficult to operate than an illegal market in drugs. I will admit, however, that illicitly manufactured guns would find their way to purchasers. Just like all crime, we'd have to deal with the traffic.

Not true. Look at how many people can create meth labs out of thin air, and making meth is complex chemistry. Machining a weapon requires more up front capital in equipment, but is far safer, and easier to hide.

Forum List

Back