Way to go Harry! Filibuster deal reached.

Be careful what you ask for....you might just get it:

From the USS Forestal Museum web site:

At 10:52 A.M. on July 29, the second launch was being readied when a Zuni rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the flight deck aft of the island. The missile streaked across the deck into a 400 gallon belly fuel tank on a parked A-4D Skyhawk. The ruptured tank spew highly flammable JP-5 fuel onto the deck which ignited spreading flames over the flight deck under other fully loaded aircraft ready for launch. The ensuing fire caused ordinance to explode and other rockets to ignite. Spread by the wind, the flames engulfed the aft end of the stricken ship turning the flight deck into a blazing inferno.. Berthing spaces immediately below the flight deck became death traps for fifty men, while other crewmen were blown overboard by the explosion

From the Rock Creek Free Press:

It is believed by many crewmen and those who have investigated the case that McCain deliberately “wet-started” his A-4E to shake up the guy in the plane behind his A-4. “Wet-starts”, done either deliberately or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft.

In McCain’s case, the “wet-start” apparently “cooked off” and launched the Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that touched off the explosions and massive fire. The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration. “Wet starting” was apparently a common practice among young “hot-dog” pilots.

Yep, John McCain trying to be a maverick then killed 134 crew members and injured 161 others.

Does not constitute proof.

Fact: John McCain was in the A-4 that cooked off the Zuni rocket

Fact: wet starts were common amongst hot shot pilots

Fact: John McCain prides himself in being a hotshot maverick in the senate...please refer to the fact about wet starts as they correlate.

Fact: if McCain was not in that A-4 at that point in time, this incident never would have happened.

I wonder how many of the mentioned crewmen were of the many that tested positive for marijuana :eusa_shhh:

Oh...ok...so it's all the crews faults, yeah. In a previous reply to me you asked for proof which I gave you, then you start off this sentence with "I wonder"..... :eusa_whistle:

At 10:52 A.M. on July 29, the second launch was being readied when a Zuni rocket accidentally fired from an F-4 Phantom parked on the starboard side of the flight deck aft of the island. The missile streaked across the deck into a 400 gallon belly fuel tank on a parked A-4D Skyhawk. The ruptured tank spew highly flammable JP-5 fuel onto the deck which ignited spreading flames over the flight deck under other fully loaded aircraft ready for launch. The ensuing fire caused ordinance to explode and other rockets to ignite. Spread by the wind, the flames engulfed the aft end of the stricken ship turning the flight deck into a blazing inferno.. Berthing spaces immediately below the flight deck became death traps for fifty men, while other crewmen were blown overboard by the explosion

It is believed by many crewmen and those who have investigated the case that McCain deliberately “wet-started” his A-4E to shake up the guy in the plane behind his A-4. “Wet-starts”, done either deliberately or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft.

In McCain’s case, the “wet-start” apparently “cooked off” and launched the Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that touched off the explosions and massive fire. The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration. “Wet starting” was apparently a common practice among young “hot-dog” pilots.

Yep, John McCain trying to be a maverick then killed 134 crew members and injured 161 others.

Fact: John McCain prides himself in being a hotshot maverick in the senate...please refer to the fact about wet starts as they correlate.

Fact: if McCain was not in that A-4 at that point in time, this incident never would have happened.

I wonder how many of the mentioned crewmen were of the many that tested positive for marijuana :eusa_shhh:

Oh...ok...so it's all the crews faults, yeah. In a previous reply to me you asked for proof which I gave you, then you start off this sentence with "I wonder"..... :eusa_whistle:

Fact: John McCain is an American Hero that served his country with distinction, honor and grace.

Fact: The fact that the missiles fired AT ALL while sitting on an Aircraft carrier without any trigger being pulled represents a design flaw, not pilot error.

Difference being, you stated an allegation as fact while I merely pondered a possibility.

Sorry I had to explain that to you

But by threatening to destroy one branch of congress to get it. That's playing with fire. If Reid had been defied, he would have set precedent for filibuster proof simplified 51 vote majorities for years to come. That is an overly heavy handed tactic. And it would come to bite the next Democratic president/majority in the ass. Would you have been angry if Boehner had done the same thing in the House over a proverbial Republican presidential appointment?

That is a lie. He was going to change the rules for filibustering executive appointments, not for judicial nominations or legislation.

And I am fucking pissed off that he didn't change the rules. The Republicans will again abuse the filibuster. Its in their obstructionist nature.

But by threatening to destroy one branch of congress to get it. That's playing with fire. If Reid had been defied, he would have set precedent for filibuster proof simplified 51 vote majorities for years to come. That is an overly heavy handed tactic. And it would come to bite the next Democratic president/majority in the ass. Would you have been angry if Boehner had done the same thing in the House over a proverbial Republican presidential appointment?

That is a lie. He was going to change the rules for filibustering executive appointments, not for judicial nominations or legislation.

And I am fucking pissed off that he didn't change the rules. The Republicans will again abuse the filibuster. Its in their obstructionist nature.

Because "filibuster" is such a new technique that it's only been utilized by Republicans since 1/20/09
:eusa_hand:

Harry is such an inspiration. He like having a garden hose full of gasoline shoved up your ass. What a great American! I think a reach around is in order.

Funny how both parties can find common ground the closer the next election gets.

the Republicans need their power of obstructionism

And in 2005 when the Democrats were the minority party Harry Reid opposed the very thing he was pushing for and that he comprised on of course when it's Democrat obstructionism that's different then it's patriotic not obstructionism.

Funny how both parties can find common ground the closer the next election gets.

the Republicans need their power of obstructionism

And in 2005 when the Democrats were the minority party Harry Reid opposed the very thing he was pushing for and that he comprised on of course when it's Democrat obstructionism that's different then it's patriotic not obstructionism.

:eusa_shhh:
he's just a wonderful guy who evolves, so it's ok he flip flops all over the place..he be a hero

Eyeah..dude.

That's huge.

In what way? Explain yourself.

Sure.

First off Cordray is a very competent executive with respect from both sides of the aisle.

And second, Republicans were trying to kill the Consumer Protection Bureau by leaving it leaderless.

This is actually a big win for everyone.

INCLUDING Republicans.

jesus, you never cease to amaze me.....the gop folded like lawn chairs, obama gets everything he wanted, perez, codray et al...those other 2 from the nlrb were going anyway....Perez especially was completely over the top......McConnell is a moron.

and all after the dems and obama too, spent the 2000's whining that the nuke option is an Un-American, un-democratic attempt to silence the minority you hypocritical hack, if you're going to crow over something, at least get it right....

oh and the Consumer Protection Bureau will be just another politically attuned bureaucracy, and with a budget that is completely outside congressional oversight, aas they are given a chit to draw as of last yea, $ 550 Million bucks,example- the House Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations asked for an accounting of their expenditures they told them to get lost and, and, the house committee simply don't have the power to force them to comply, isn't that great?

And when asked how ( and when) they plan on reporting out on Section 122(b) - to wit- "consider the potential benefits and costs to consumers and covered persons, including the potential reduction of consumers’ access to consumer financial products or services, resulting from such rule"..

they ignored the request....but thats an old story, the EPA has not been following their own rules on reporting out cost benefits analyses for 4 years anyway...

Its just another shadowy federal bureaucracy and with Cordrays fingers on the scales, woe is us. ( oh and "respect from both sides of the aisle":lol: ? where did you get that BS? Think Progress? he was a RECESS appointment, helllloooo)

I know you didn't know any of this, you're just programmed to like and parrot anything that you're told to....so, carry on.

Forum List

Back