We Are Not Governed By Christ, Y'all.

This is as it should be.

News from Macon and Warner Robins GA and beyond The Telegraph

This nation is a nation of laws. Laws established by human beings.

We are not a nation of laws, we are a nation of men. If we were a nation of laws, then the men who govern would have to abide by the laws they pass, like illegal immigration. My personal favorite was Obamacare. Here we have legislation that President Obama personally shoved down our throats and then promptly made exemptions for cause it sucked that bad.

This is unsurprisingly ignorant.

To follow the First Amendment is to neither 'hate Jesus' nor 'reject god.'
Talk about ignorance? The 1st guarantees our freedom OF religion not freedom FROM.
At least you're consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits government endorsement of religion, which in fact safeguards the right of citizens to be free from religion, to not be compelled by the state to follow a particular faith, prohibiting government from seeking to codify religious dogma into secular law.

The city government displaying a 'Christian flag' was clearly a potential violation of the Establishment Clause, and officials were wise to remove the 'flag' in accordance with the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate.

Talk about ignorance? The 1st guarantees our freedom OF religion not freedom FROM.

The Establishment Clause of the First Amendment prohibits government endorsement of religion, which in fact safeguards the right of citizens to be free from religion, to not be compelled by the state to follow a particular faith, prohibiting government from seeking to codify religious dogma into secular law.

The city government displaying a 'Christian flag' was clearly a potential violation of the Establishment Clause, and officials were wise to remove the 'flag' in accordance with the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate.

Who cares? If you don't like it don't look at it. You fools just want something to whine about, miserable jackasses

We may not be "governed" by Christ but many of us follow Christ and His word is paramount. I realize Obungles "THINKS" he is God but he's not

Which should the nation turn to for guidance....the Constitution or The Bible?
As a citizen of this country I look for guidance in the BIBLE.........................

If you are an Atheist perhaps you sacrifice a chicken on a make shift altar................

Countries are made up of people you dolt...............and most don't agree with Atheist's views...............

In this case, the flag shouldn't have been flown.............but it was only a problem to a small group of whining little bitches................Whether the flag there flew or not..............it doesn't change the price of rice in China..............

We've become a nation of I'M OFFENDED................If you OFFEND ME I'LL SUE..................which shows just how far down the drain we have come..............Can't offend anyone...............even if the OFFENDED regularily offend others...................

If you are Offended by the duality of this post.......................Then Sue me...............it's the American way.

We may not be "governed" by Christ but many of us follow Christ and His word is paramount. I realize Obungles "THINKS" he is God but he's not

Do you know how much of our Constitution is based on the Bible?

We are founded on Natural Law that forbids our government from prohibiting.

Citizens are at liberty to practice whatever faith they wish, in addition to being free from faith.

Citizens are not at liberty, however, to seek to codify subjective, errant religious dogma into secular law all citizens must obey.

Ridiculous, unnecessary conflicts arise when some on the social and religious right fail to understand this fundamental principle of First Amendment jurisprudence, and as is typical of most on the right, they seek to compel conformity by codifying religious dogma in violation of the First Amendment.

First Amendment jurisprudence has developed to the point where any government official can make a determination as to whether or not government participation in religious expression is Constitutional; the mistake made by city officials in the OP article was to act without first reviewing the case law.

Nothing. Nothing in our constitution is based on the bible.

You are a bit nutty,aren't you?

Citizens are at liberty to practice whatever faith they wish, in addition to being free from faith.

Citizens are not at liberty, however, to seek to codify subjective, errant religious dogma into secular law all citizens must obey.

Ridiculous, unnecessary conflicts arise when some on the social and religious right fail to understand this fundamental principle of First Amendment jurisprudence, and as is typical of most on the right, they seek to compel conformity by codifying religious dogma in violation of the First Amendment.

First Amendment jurisprudence has developed to the point where any government official can make a determination as to whether or not government participation in religious expression is Constitutional; the mistake made by city officials in the OP article was to act without first reviewing the case law.

You just want to wail about something, it's the left's way. A bunch of fairies parading around offends me but I choose to ignore them

Talk abut ignorant - but that is because it has not been taught in our education system for many years because of secularists who are anti-Christian.
The Bible and Government - Faith Facts
American's Founding Fathers achieved a solid balance between church and state, one consistent with biblical concepts.

Talk abut ignorant - but that is because it has not been taught in our education system for many years because of secularists who are anti-Christian.
American's Founding Fathers achieved a solid balance between church and state, one consistent with biblical concepts.

Nope. You can find all sorts of bullshit on the internet. The US Constitution has nothing in common with your bible.

Nope. You can find all sorts of bullshit on the internet. The US Constitution has nothing in common with your bible.

Sorry but that was taught way before we ever had an Internet.
It was taught in our schools right after we became a Nation up until an atheist got God out of our schools in the 1960's.

As a citizen of this country I look for guidance in the BIBLE.........................

If you are an Atheist perhaps you sacrifice a chicken on a make shift altar................

Countries are made up of people you dolt...............and most don't agree with Atheist's views...............

In this case, the flag shouldn't have been flown.............but it was only a problem to a small group of whining little bitches................Whether the flag there flew or not..............it doesn't change the price of rice in China..............

We've become a nation of I'M OFFENDED................If you OFFEND ME I'LL SUE..................which shows just how far down the drain we have come..............Can't offend anyone...............even if the OFFENDED regularily offend others...................

If you are Offended by the duality of this post.......................Then Sue me...............it's the American way.

Who cares? If you don't like it don't look at it. You fools just want something to whine about, miserable jackasses
Those who respect the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law care.

Those who correctly understand the propensity of many theists to seek to codify religious dogma into secular law care.

And those who wish to safeguard the religious liberties of all Americans care, to prohibit government from unwarranted intrusion into religious practice, and prohibiting government from compelling religious conformity.

Well the I hate Jesus crowd is posting another I Hate Jesus thread. They must be running away from their guilty conscience for rejecting God.

They tell us to keep our religion to ourselves. I say how about you keeping your hatred of God to yourself?

How about keeping a christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
I don't think it's any of your business to be deciding what is or is not a "christian flag".

So piss off.

Is it in the public sphere? It is my business. Don't like it? Don't let the border hit your ass on the way out of the country. This right here is the United States of America and the First Amendment means something.

Well the I hate Jesus crowd is posting another I Hate Jesus thread. They must be running away from their guilty conscience for rejecting God.

They tell us to keep our religion to ourselves. I say how about you keeping your hatred of God to yourself?

How about keeping a christian flag off of City Hall? That's it. Easy peasy.
I don't think it's any of your business to be deciding what is or is not a "christian flag".

So piss off.

Is it in the public sphere? It is my business. Don't like it? Don't let the border hit your ass on the way out of the country. This right here is the United States of America and the First Amendment means something.
Where does the 1st amendment say that you or anyone else has the purview to decide what is or is not religious?

Religious fundamentalism in all its guises, Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Hindu,etc. seeks to not only worship but govern in its name. All fundamentalists claim by self righteousness that their faith, their God should not only be in churches, temples, mosques and synagogues but in legislatures, town halls and capital buildings.

Here in America, we have devised a system of government that prevents this. It's not a repudiation of God, nor is it a demonstration of a hatred of God or faith. Rather, it is a system that preserves the right of each individual to worship as she sees fit without the impermatur of the state.

In other words, worship according to your preference, but govern without worship.

How is saying that we are not a jesus governed nation (we're not) hating jesus?

Forum List

Back